Non-motoring > Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 68

Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Zero
News just breaking - no further details
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 3 May 14 at 18:04
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - rtj70
... How sad that someone so young has died.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Pat
Like her Mother, Paula Yates.

Pat
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Robin O'Reliant
Tragic family, her mother Paula Yates discovered late in life that Hughie Green was her father and not Jess Yates, then she lost her lover in tragic circumstances and then died herself when Peaches was only eleven.

Whatever the cause of this event she must have had some real issues to deal with in her short life.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Mon 7 Apr 14 at 18:37
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Stuu
Always sad when someone so young dies, very tragic.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Armel Coussine
Yeah, poor little rich waif. I wonder what she died of.

She died on the same day as Mickey Rooney, 92, great star but not all that nice as a human being.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - CGNorwich

"She died on the same day as Mickey Rooney, 92!"

And about 160,000 other people. My sympathies to all their friends and relations.

>> And about 160,000 other people. My sympathies to all their friends and relations.
>>

Don't be silly, no-one else died today. There was nothing on the news about it.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Stuartli
Perhaps she didn't like Mondays...:-(
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - No FM2R
>>Perhaps she didn't like Mondays.

Worth a smile; but you'll probably get a frownie from somewhere.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Bromptonaut
>> Perhaps she didn't like Mondays...:-(

I know it's bad taste but Roflol.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - zippy
Very sad indeed.

I feel for the family who seem to have had more than their fair share of tragedy.

If I lost either of my youngsters, I honestly don't know how I would cope.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Zero
>> Very sad indeed.
>>
>> I feel for the family who seem to have had more than their fair share
>> of tragedy.

It didn't happen by accident or pure bad luck.
Terrible things to happen, of course, but they don't seem to be a very likeable family.
We have no idea what happened. But apparently tweeted a picture of herself and her mother (when Peaches was a baby) yesterday....

Very sad.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - R.P.
Suicide be my guess..
or an o/d
Sadly mine too...
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - VxFan
>> Suicide be my guess..

I heard the silicon chip inside her head switched to overload.
And another one bites the dust: well snow really.

Actor Eddie Murphy is reported to have died shortly after a snowboard accident earlier today - April 7, 2014.

Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Cliff Pope
Geldof, not Geldorf.
>> Geldof, not Geldorf.

Dont suppose it made any difference to being a crap father.
>> And another one bites the dust: well snow really.
>>
>> Actor Eddie Murphy is reported to have died shortly after a snowboard accident earlier today
>> - April 7, 2014.

Thats a long running twitter hoax - been coming and going for nearly a year now.
Wishful thinking I guess.
>> And another one bites the dust: well snow really.
>>
>> Actor Eddie Murphy is reported to have died shortly after a snowboard accident earlier today - April 7, 2014.
>>
>>
>>

Apparently a rumour started on Twitter.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Crankcase
If Murphy has died it'll be the third time of the same accident. Hoax.
There's even a rumour going round that Diana is dead.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - RattleandSmoke
It is a shame she is dead, far too young to go a lot of my younger friends are her age and it is quite shocking in that regard. I don't think it is really fair to speculate on why or how she died until the facts are published.

Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Lygonos
>> lot of my younger friends are her age

You are Jimmy Savile AICMFP.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - legacylad
And another rumour that Elvis is really dead
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Crankcase
I heard that Ozymandius was looking a bit peaky too.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Lygonos
>>I heard that Ozymandius was looking a bit peaky too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbnGA8uu8T0

Seems fit and well in this clip.
Tsk. Which one was Ozymandias? Batman, Rhorschach or the handsome invincible annoying bloke? The name was never mentioned.
>> I don't think it is really fair to speculate on why or how she died until the facts are published.

Does you credit Sheikha, but the hacks aren't going to be shy with the speculation and hints.

Poor little rich girl. They can be a bit kamikaze sometimes.
>> I don't think it is really fair to speculate on why or how she died until the facts are published.

Not much point speculating *after* the facts are known.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - RattleandSmoke
But that hasn't stopped the press speculating about Diana etc.
Because they are publicising the supposition that the facts are not known.

And anyway, I said "not much point". Are you disagreeing and saying that there is a point, or are you agreeing with me that there is not much point?
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 8 Apr 14 at 01:00
what point are you trying to make?
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldorf has died - Cliff Pope
>>
>>
>> And anyway, I said "not much point".
>>

People usually say that to mean no point at all. But I suppose literally it means only a little bit of point, which could nonetheless be the vital point.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Mapmaker
I nearly lived next door to her (if I'd bought the house I didn't buy and she'd bought the house she didn't buy).

Colleague of a friend says she last saw Miss Geldof a few weeks ago and she "looked dreadful".

Very sad.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - No FM2R
From the BBC article...

"Martin McGuinness, Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister, tweeted that he was "very sorry" for Geldof's family and friends."

WTF? Is it just me?
It's worth votes, innit.

Funny, I was thinking the other day listening to his name on the news that Britain would be best served if he were given a pension and went to live somewhere nice and hot a long way away from here. Chile was always a favourite with mass murderers, wasn't it...
Oi!

And anyway, that was Brazil.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Alanovich
He's in Windsor today (McGuinness), chowing down at a banquet at the world's largest council house, hosted by the country's longest continuous benefits claimant.

Wonder if KFC bargain buckets can be filled with swan stuffed with widgeon?
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Focusless
>> "Martin McGuinness, Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister, tweeted that he was "very sorry" for Geldof's
>> family and friends."
>>
>> WTF? Is it just me?

He knows her dad quite well?
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Westpig
>> WTF? Is it just me?
>>

No..it isn't.

Do you think he's sorry for the people he had topped?
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Cliff Pope
>> From the BBC article...
>>
>> "Martin McGuinness, Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister, tweeted that he was "very sorry" for Geldof's
>> family and friends."
>>
>> WTF? Is it just me?
>>

Martin McGuinness has come in from the cold and is now a respected Irish statesman.
He feels obliged to assume responsibility for all people of Irish extraction.

Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - R.P.
He can't find it in his heart to apologise to victim's of terrorism on his own patch...what an odd fellow.
I wonder who writes his tweets for him ? Geldof and him are Irish so I suppose there is some link.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Armel Coussine
Back to the OP: poor Peaches. I didn't know that at the quite early age of 25 she was supposedly writing a column for 'Mother and Baby' magazine. Magazines of that sort do discuss parenting difficulties, but the burden of their discourse is relentlessly upbeat and Pollyannaish: having children is presented as essentially deeply rewarding. The word she had used was 'blissful'.

Ever since she became conscious the poor child has been the object of close and prurient scrutiny by media of all sorts, never left alone to be ordinary, bored and mediocre like everyone else. And recently, I read, she has been absorbed by that honeypot for the half-witted, the 'occult'. That sort of combination might drive anyone into an early grave.
I was taken to task today by my middle daughter for saying that not everyone is a natural hack, that Peaches might have been finding the blissful stuff a bit low-rent and feeling at a loss for something else to say. She added that Peaches had actually sought celebrity, unlike her older sister Fifi who was content to be overweight, boring and unknown.

How true all this is I don't know. The middle daughter is ten years older than poor Peaches and very bright, but a bit of a victim of celeb tittle-tattle sometimes. It's odd because she's quite capable of saying she 'hates' her own three daughters (who seem to me charming, well-dressed, fairly well-behaved and generally a good thing). I am tempted to say: 'Women, eh?'... but I won't in case someone sees it and beats me up.

Seems to me though that being a hack isn't as simple as people think. Just because Paula Yates was a hack there's no reason to suppose Peaches would have found it easy.

I am inclined to attribute those slightly mad frivolous names, which seem to have become a family tradition, to la Yates. An unusual name can be a burden to a sensitive child. The playground is a hellish place for some.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - VxFan
>> News just breaking - no further details

Surprised no one's revived this thread yet.

Heroin is "likely" to have played a role in the death of Peaches Geldof, an inquest has revealed.

The results of a toxicology report showed TV presenter Geldof, who died suddenly last month aged 25, had the drug in her system.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27242721

Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Skip
>> Heroin is "likely" to have played a role in the death of Peaches Geldof, an
>> inquest has revealed.
>>
>> The results of a toxicology report showed TV presenter Geldof, who died suddenly last month
>> aged 25, had the drug in her system.

Not exactly a surprise !
>> Heroin is "likely" to have played a role in the death of Peaches Geldof, an inquest has revealed.

Well surprise surprise.

Poor girl. Neither multi-talented nor particularly beautiful, eased at an early age into various jobs and roles for which she had served no real apprenticeships, and obliged thereafter to appear at all times bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, on top of it all with an answer for everything... enough to send anyone careering off the road at the first difficult bend.

Nothing to do with her mother or any family curse nonsense. Just the constant stress of all that, which one sees in her eyes in photos, and obviously much social contact from childhood onward with ghastly louche Eurotrash and West End music people. Takes a level head to survive that sort of thing more or less unscathed. No one keeping a close eye on things it seems.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Bromptonaut

>> Poor girl. Neither multi-talented nor particularly beautiful, eased at an early age into various jobs
>> and roles for which she had served no real apprenticeships, and obliged thereafter to appear
>> at all times bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, on top of it all with an answer for everything...
>> enough to send anyone careering off the road at the first difficult bend.
>>
>> Nothing to do with her mother or any family curse nonsense. Just the constant stress
>> of all that, which one sees in her eyes in photos, and obviously much social
>> contact from childhood onward with ghastly louche Eurotrash and West End music people. Takes a
>> level head to survive that sort of thing more or less unscathed. No one keeping
>> a close eye on things it seems.

Brilliant summary AC - thank you.
>>nor particularly beautiful,

No? I found her really rather attractive. Perhaps not beautiful as such, but certainly alluring.
>> Perhaps not beautiful as such, but certainly alluring.

Please! I didn't say she was horrible. A clean well-turned-out non-hideous girl of that age always looks attractive (especially to cough, older men).
No one keeping a close eye on things it seems.

One would suspect AC suffering a touch of vertigo here...?
>> suffering a touch of vertigo here...?

Not me. Peaches Geldof. Poor child.
There are few stories of the children of the seriously wealthy/famous coming to a happy ending. Enough to put one off fame and fortune.
Substantial money at an early age, and the bad company that homes in on money, can be hazardous to health and stability. Not everyone succumbs though. Some are mauled and fleeced while others enjoy the ride but maintain autonomy and hold onto the purse strings.

There's quite a difference between a titled grandee with a heavily entailed huge estate and a rock star's sprog, although they may rub shoulders in the same fashionable dive...
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - Zero
Coroners Verdict - Heroin Overdose.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - VxFan
No big surprise. The toxicology report I posted back in May mentioned she had it in her system.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 23 Jul 14 at 13:14
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - DP
Can you imagine having Paula Yates as a parental influence in your formative years? Poor kid never stood a chance. :-(

The poor child died because she didn't have a wise old addict among her companions, just a bunch of ignorant joy-poppers.

Heroin is perfectly all right (although a very boring recreational drug) in informed, cautious hands, potentially deadly in foolish ignorant ones.
I read one comment somewhere that apparently regular and heavy heroin users build up a significant tolerance for the drug and thus end up taking quite significant doses.

However, this tolerance is apparently lost very quickly if they stop taking the drug.

Consequently, a user who has not taken the drug for some time, but then restarts with the size of dose that they're used to, quite often dies.

Which wasn't something I realised before and makes quite some sense, I think.
Even in the days of NHS heroin for registered addicts there were health risks. The stuff came in small pills of stated heroin content, but the chalky filler used to make the pills didn't dissolve: boiled up in a spoon with a little water, the result was a greyish liquid. Junkies would draw it into the syringe through a bit of cottonwool, the idea I think being to filter out the chalky stuff. Nevertheless some got through and was injected.

With present-day illegal estate heroin the risks are multiplied. Just for a start there is no knowing as a rule what the actual heroin has been cut with, or whether it has been cut. It may contain unknown, toxic substances - sleeping pills and so on - and it may be some 90% uncut Mexican brown sugar or whatever which can send a tyro junkie into permanent unconsciousness if the dosage is seriously out. That's why a wise old junkie is a valuable friend.

Intravenous drugtaking is a poor idea unless medically sanctioned. And powerful opiates should be approached if at all with great caution and in a very gradualist way. Much better not though, believe me.
 Breaking news. Peaches Geldof has died - rtj70
You sound knowledgeable. I think she was very foolish with children who now do not have their mother.
Judging from the most recent press coverage, it seems I underestimated the poor girl's familiarity with heroin and that she had quite a habit.

However the other points - about bad or foolish company and the wildly variable opiate content of illegal or street heroin - still hold good.
Latest Forum Posts