Non-motoring > Peregrine Falcons Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 8

Peregrine Falcons - Manatee
Webcams. The peregrine falcons nesting on the Nottingham Trent University building.

There are four eggs, which should start hatching mid month I think.

www.ntu.ac.uk/ecoweb/biodiversity/falcons/
 Peregrine Falcons - Dog
Don't do much do they.

:}
 Peregrine Falcons - Manatee
Not a lot, no!

Joint a pigeon now and then I suppose. Should be more interesting when the hatching starts.
 Peregrine Falcons - Dog
Blimey! - I was thinking it's a pity you can't zoom in and, lo and behold the cam did (Yuri Geller will be jealous)
 Peregrine Falcons - Dog
Eh, that would be Uri Geller then :(
 Ospreys too! - Pat
www.ospreys.org.uk/webcam/

The females have arrived back from Senegal and are waiting for the males to arrive but meanwhile there are two of them competing for this nest.

Pat
 Ospreys too! - Meldrew
I was there last night, doing a nest watch/observing duty. The female that "Owns" the nest arrived on schedule and her mate, who is usually there 4 or 5 days later, has not yet arrived from Senegal. There was some concern in the Centre but apparently the weather in Spain is bad and those birds that have GPS trackers have not moved for 3 days. Another group migrate from Mozambique to North Finland.
 Ospreys too! - Pat
Thanks Meldrew, I've been watching for him for a few days now. Did you see the antics yesterday with the two females?

It all started with a fish....:)

Pat
 Ospreys too! - Meldrew
Yes one of them caught a vast fish this afternoon, looked about 2ft long and nearly escaped back into the water before it had its head bitten off - Yuck! I volunteer there, working in the main viewing hide and the Visitor Centre.
Latest Forum Posts