Non-motoring > Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 12

Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - R.P.
All seemed to be the scape-goats for everyday stuff.

I volunteer for a small but very professional theatre. Last night it was a kids' dance night...11 acts of varying quality, the most oblique being traditional Welsh Clog Dancing Gangland Style...

Anyway I digress....there was a mention in the briefing that no photographs allowed....I questioned it because last year we stopped parents/relatives from doing at pain of a visit from the Albuquerque PD (joke) and teachers were filming with everything from Smartphones to full sized video cameras with no sanction. There was a discussion and then a conversation with the people arranging the event - they asked us to allow photographing and that they would take responsibility - a refreshing change really and quite sensible in my view.
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - Robin O'Reliant
Aye, this paedophile hysteria has all gone a bit nuts. Antone filming their kids football match is likely to have three police cars turning up after a few nutcases have bombarded them with 999 calls about a child molester operating in the park.
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - No FM2R
Serves him right for having a name like Antone.
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - Robin O'Reliant
>> Serves him right for having a name like Antone.
>>

Ha!!

I see what you did there. The T and Y keys are too close together.
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - Tigger
I agree.

I was training my dog in the local park when a 7-8 year old lad came up, and was interested in what I was doing. My first instinct was to involve him, but then I thought "what happens if mum or dad turn up and start making accusations" - I need a clean CRB/DBS check to do my job.

Very, very sad. In the supposed name of making the children safer, we actually create a division between them and normal, sane adults (assuming I'm one!)
Last edited by: Tigger on Wed 2 Apr 14 at 12:41
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - Dog
Aving a chat just now with Dave the postman, Cornish born, Cornish bred, strong in the arm etc.

He was having a rant about the road works traffic signals making his job a tad harder to do.

Get on ya bike then dave, says I, can't do that anymore he says due to ... Elfin safety!

Worlds gorn MAD.
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - Tigger
This can be good ...

www.hse.gov.uk/myth/
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - Meldrew
Some years ago ALL parents were forbidden to photograph or video their School Nativity Play but were permitted to pay £15 for a DVD, recorded by a professional photographer. Now, who is the more likely to post such pictures on the internet or anywhere else? A normal parent or someone who takes pictures and makes money from the, for a living?
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - bathtub tom
>> ALL parents were forbidden to photograph or video their School Nativity Play but were permitted to pay £15 for a DVD

I should reckon that's because the school were getting a cut of the sales of the DVD.
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - Slidingpillar
And do you want to look at the play through a forest of cameras and arms?
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - Haywain
"And do you want to look at the play through a forest of cameras and arms?"

Blimey, that's a point - I can imagine what it would be like nowadays.
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - Westpig
>> Some years ago ALL parents were forbidden to photograph or video their School Nativity Play
>> but were permitted to pay £15 for a DVD, recorded by a professional photographer. Now,
>> who is the more likely to post such pictures on the internet or anywhere else?
>> A normal parent or someone who takes pictures and makes money from the, for a
>> living?
>>

Same principle as the Kenyan holiday I had. Driver of the minibus told us not to take photos of the locals in the Masai Mara...as they'd be offended, as they think your taking a part of their soul...but if you paid them they're o.k. with it.
 Political Correctness/Health and Safety/Data Prot. - MD
They Cannot stop you taking pictures. Where's the law? Get stuffed. The World's gone ruddy mad.
Last edited by: MD on Wed 2 Apr 14 at 21:24
Latest Forum Posts