Non-motoring > The Nanny State - when will it end ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dulwich Estate Replies: 3

The Nanny State - when will it end ? - Dulwich Estate
Recently our government decided that Joe Public was not bright enough to find the best electricity / gas tariff. So the plan was to dumb things down and introduce a limited number of tariffs. I can guarantee that once this is in place that those of us willing and able to previously get the cheapest prices will now see a rise in the cost of what's available as we'll no longer be subsidised by those who don't know how or couldn't be bothered to hunt down a good deal.

Now it's pension annuities. When my turn came, I struck a very good deal and even got some of the commission back from the financial middleman. It was a substantial amount of cash and my enhanced annuity amount is way better than I ever expected. (In some ways that worries me as maybe the insurers know something about my anticipated longevity that I don't!).

But back to the point. It seems they now want to improve the annuities of those without the nous to go looking for a good deal. It won't affect me, but again I guarantee that when providers start paying out more on a general basis there will be less in the pot for those who put in the effort.

What next ? Ban comparison sites ? Maybe have state controlled bread prices so that those not close to a big supermarket can get the same price from a corner shop? Maybe fix petrol prices too.

And I though we had a Conservative government (albeit with some Lib-Dem irritation).
 The Nanny State - when will it end ? - Haywain
First the populus bleats that the nanny-state does too much nannying but, as soon as it rains, there's not been enough nannying. Maybe they've just been nannying the wrong things?
 The Nanny State - when will it end ? - Roger.
You thought we had a Conservative government?
Crikey where have you been the last few years?
 The Nanny State - when will it end ? - Armel Coussine
>> You thought we had a Conservative government?
>> Crikey where have you been

Faugh! Damn pinkos! Cameron and that American fellow... cryptocommies if you ax me to raaas...
Latest Forum Posts