Non-motoring > Council Pottyness. Car Deals
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 23

Council Pottyness. - R.P.
www.express.co.uk/news/uk/459535/Mum-s-fury-after-council-WIPES-OUT-front-garden-to-install-40k-disabled-ramp-for-daughter
 Council Pottyness. - smokie
Moral: be careful what you wish for!!!!
 Council Pottyness. - Slidingpillar
As the house is a council one, common sense would suggest moving the family to somewhere with a flat front garden. Much cheaper. But common sense is not a quality linked very often to councils.
 Council Pottyness. - Bromptonaut
Maybe the council house was the lady's family home and she resisted idea of a move. I'm also sceptical about it coming as a surprise - surely she had opportunity to comment on the plans?
 Council Pottyness. - bathtub tom
I guess the council would be hamstrung by regulations. As it's a ramp for a person with disabilities (is it PC to say that?) then there's probably restrictions as to maximum slope etc.
 Council Pottyness. - Manatee
>> I guess the council would be hamstrung by regulations. As it's a ramp for a
>> person with disabilities (is it PC to say that?) then there's probably restrictions as to
>> maximum slope etc.

Hondootedly, so they could have pointed out to her in advance what the consequences would be - as she seemingly doesn't like it, she would have said no and either asked to be moved or done without.

Funny really, apart from the lunatic waste of money.
 Council Pottyness. - VxFan
She'll get people queuing for stamps, road tax renewals, and the like if she's not careful.
 Council Pottyness. - Duncan
>> She'll get people queuing for stamps, road tax renewals, and the like if she's not
>> careful.
>>

That's good. I haven't renewed my road tax since 1937 and I have been a bit worried.
 Council Pottyness. - Ted

The council won't give her a gate to keep the skateboarders out 'cos it would block a public right of way when open.

Why not a gate 6 ft up the ramp from the bottom ? Haven't they thought of that ? Doh !

HO
 Council Pottyness. - BobbyG
I would imagine that would be an ideal target for the guys in white transits that trawl neighbourhoods looking for scrap metal (that was quite PC for me).

The railway between Airdrie and Bathgate was recently reinstated and included in the works were several overbridges with ramped access at either side. The handrails are rapidly disappearing!!
 Council Pottyness. - smokie
"surely she had opportunity to comment on the plans?"

or even notice what was happening in her front garden - can't have happened overnight.
 Council Pottyness. - Fullchat
Particularly if the Council was doing the work :)

See the house has a new roof as well.
 Council Pottyness. - Meldrew
Solar Panels next, if our local Social Housing is a guide!
 Council Pottyness. - RichardW
>>See the house has a new roof as well.

Our LA has recently re-roofed (gawd knows why, they looked fine to me!) some local houses. They're in blocks of 4, and in one block the centre 2 houses had recently (< 1 year before) been re-roofed due to fire damage. This was removed and presumably skipped, and re-roofed again!

Neighbouring LA, spent a not incondsideable amount of money errecting a sign showing where the car parks are in local town - must be about 10ft square. One of the has only 10 spaces!

They have no idea about economy....
 Council Pottyness. - Focusless
Reminds me of Lombard St, San Francisco, albeit with fewer flowers.
travelfeatured.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/lombard-street-2.jpg
 Council Pottyness. - devonite
A gate wouldn't keep them out! - it would make it more fun "Grindin" (skateboarder slang for sliding along the rail-tops) down on the railings!
 Council Pottyness. - Crankcase
>> it would make it more fun "Grindin"

Is "fun" the word? Looks like a pretty painful path to success...ouchies galore!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgWq8bW4fI

Edit - it's a bit nasty that actually. Sorry. I gave up after a few, so be warned.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Fri 14 Feb 14 at 12:16
 Council Pottyness. - Dog
>>Is "fun" the word? Looks like a pretty painful path to success...ouchies galore!

Reminds me of when I was about 12 years old and a 'mate' gave me a kick in the bullocks!

It didn't arf hurt - I asked for it though TBH.
 Council Pottyness. - Fullchat
Well I watched it for three minutes and not one had ANY protective gear. No wonder A&Es are so busy.
 Council Pottyness. - Duncan
The participants seemed to fall off, or over, or down after a short period of time.

I was heartened to see that most of them seemed to injure that bit of the male anatomy which is at the top of the legs and in the middle - whatever that is called.

Perhaps, with any luck it will have slowed down their reproductive capabilities.
 Council Pottyness. - Bromptonaut
There's another picture here tinyurl.com/lleykxv from the Guardian.

Gives a different perspective on the structure and the surrounding terrain.
 Council Pottyness. - BobbyG
Will be fun sticking the wheelie bin out onto the pavement...
 Council Pottyness. - R.P.
The thing is a nonsense....the person who signed this off should not be let loose with a budget.
 Council Pottyness. - Pat
>> - whatever that is called<<

Meat and two veg, I believe Duncan;)

Pat
Latest Forum Posts