Non-motoring > 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers Green Issues
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 19

1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - Armel Coussine
... in terms of its 'ecological footprint' according to Stephen Fry. It's a question of the land area needed to raise the amount of meat they eat.

Dog owners are trying to make us all die of starvation! Kill! Kill!
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - devonite
Hmm! - got me thinking so....................

www.marketplace.org/topics/sustainability/easy-sustainability-answers/whats-most-environmentally-friendly-pet-whats

Except for animals with specific jobs that actually benefit Mankind, - ban all pet-keeping by the masses except for Goldfish!!!

Compulsory Smilie! ;-)
Last edited by: devonite on Mon 10 Feb 14 at 13:45
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - R.P.
Stone the Giraffe....!
>> ban all pet-keeping by the masses except for Goldfish!!!

And ration meat at British WW2 levels. We eat it too you know.

I long for a sunny future with numerous Land Cruisers gambolling charmingly through sylvan glades.
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - madf
The price of Chinese restaurant meals will have to rise if dogs and cats are no longer kept as pets.
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - Manatee
>> The price of Chinese restaurant meals will have to rise if dogs and cats are
>> no longer kept as pets.

Yes but you can net the food benefit off the emissions cost.
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - Manatee
So next time a dog owner berates me for having a 4x4 I can tell them to get a smaller dog :)

Their other emissions are worse too.
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - MD
Have I missed something AC??
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - Ted
I missed it with you..... Martin.

HO
MD and Ted: what could you have missed? Nothing to miss.

You can't get your heads round the idea that there might be a way of reducing every creature's or vehicle's resource consumption to a common standard of acres per year per creature or vehicle?

The slightly annoying Fry also said that according to his sources the world is being used up 40% faster than it should be to maintain stability. Or what's the word... sustainability.

Of course figures of this sort should be treated with scepticism. No one knows it all, or even most of it really. No need to panic yet I can't help feeling despite the mounting clamour from all sides. We can switch to second-class protein almost overnight and many of us would be healthier for it. Ask Perro.
Most of us could eat 25% less and be healthier. The real fatties could eat 50% less and be a lot healthier- that's 40% of the UK population.. Most of them live in Cumbria...
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - Dog
>>Most of them live in Cumbria...

They most likely require a higher nutritional intake to counteract the effects of all the nuclear waste stored at Windscale.

Not to mention the Chernobyl sheep (I said not to mention them)
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - NortonES2
And the milk. Met a guy, in Wales, whose job then was to measure the radioactivity (Caesium isotopes?) of grass in high rainfall areas, from Chernobyl fallout. Apparently taken up in the silicates which grasses use for structural purposes.
Last edited by: NIL on Tue 11 Feb 14 at 11:27
I wonder if the grass in Cumbria is still 'hot', man.

:}
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - NortonES2
Caesium 137: nuclear half-life of 30 years. Chernobyl: 1986. And apparently the antidote to caesium take-up is a little Prussian blue! Just looked up caesium etc in Wiki:)
 1 dog = 2 Toyota Land Cruisers - Bromptonaut
>> Not to mention the Chernobyl sheep (I said not to mention them)

It was always a puzzle why those Soviet becquerels went hell for leather to sites near Sellafield and the Welsh nuclear power plants!!
Erm, wind & rain?
We were caravanning in Cumbria when Chernobyl kicked off: LOTS of rain - and snow iirc..

My wrist now glows in the dark.. and do my eyes.. but my teeth have fallen out:-) I blame old age...:-)
Last edited by: madf on Tue 11 Feb 14 at 15:03
Does your wrist also tell you the time mad f.

Just asking ;)
At the third tremour it will be 17:47 precisely
Latest Forum Posts