Mother detained for questioning.
 Missing boy - body found - zippy
Very sad!
 Missing boy - body found - Robin O'Reliant
>> Very sad!
>>

But sadly inevitable.
 Missing boy - body found - Westpig
I don't know whether it's my age..or maybe having seen a few unpleasant things in my time..or I'm becoming a soppy bar steward..but..

...I increasingly try to shut my mind to things like this.

Poor little sod had no life yet.
 Missing boy - body found - Old Navy
>> I don't know whether it's my age..or maybe having seen a few unpleasant things in
>> my time..or I'm becoming a soppy bar steward..but..
>>

Its not just you, anyone with an ounce of decency would feel the same. The senior policeman who made the announcement to the press was visibly struggling with his emotions.
 Missing boy - body found - Armel Coussine
>> The senior policeman who made the announcement to the press was visibly struggling with his emotions.

Yes. I caught all of that more or less live out of the corner of my eye during what is for me the evening. I also thought it likely that the person detained would turn out to be the mother.

One tries not to think too deeply about the bizarre and horrific aspects of some people's lives. I agree with Westpig on that. But it's impossible to shut this stuff out altogether.
 Missing boy - body found - Westpig
>> Its not just you, anyone with an ounce of decency would feel the same. The
>> senior policeman who made the announcement to the press was visibly struggling with his emotions.

Did you hear the gasp as he read out his statement...it was late at night and a Press briefing, so people used to dealing with, seeing or hearing awful things..yet the were shocked and audibly disappointed to hear that news.

By far the majority of people in the world are decent..it's only the odd t8at that ruins it for everyone else....which is why I'm always banging on about the rest of us crushing them like the cockroaches they are..so the decent can live in peace.
>> Did you hear the gasp as he read out his statement...it was late at night and a Press briefing, so people used to dealing with, seeing or hearing awful things..yet the were shocked and audibly disappointed to hear that news.

Yes. It's unusual for hacks to respond with an audible murmur like that (as opposed to breaking out in a clamour of questions all at once). I guess they were all hoping he'd been found alive, but were already alarmed by the police chief's demeanour.

A media scrum is the most powerful spontaneous rumour-mill you can imagine, and the hacks often have a very good idea of what's going to be said in a press conference. But not in that one apparently. When there's nothing much going on the rumours can take over. I once made a joke at breakfast in Chad, and saw to my alarm that the joke had become a fact on one of the agency wires by that evening.
 Missing boy - body found - sherlock47
Am I the only one who , on hearing the initial reports of the disappearance, said (to the wife), " first move - arrest the parents, search the loft". ?
 Missing boy - body found - Zero
>> Am I the only one who , on hearing the initial reports of the disappearance,
>> said (to the wife), " first move - arrest the parents, search the loft". ?

no you were not.
 Missing boy - body found - R.P.
Same here.
 Missing boy - body found - BiggerBadderDave
Uncles then parents.
 Missing boy - body found - MD
As you are aware I am not the greatest supporter of our ‘foreign’ brethren whether born here or not. I am also aware that my sometimes seemingly broad brush approach to this subject is not well received. I could say a lot more on the subject and not in the manner you ‘may’ think I would, but it is not easy from essentially a typewriter. I have a similar or perhaps harder view of the white born here, don’t work, won’t work crew. I am with WP on the Cockroach crushing front and the indigenous population would be first in the queue. Those who GENUINELY require our help and assistance would receive my full support for as long as required.

Anyway, the real purpose of this post is about the sad ending this lad had, however that may have been. Perhaps it was his smiling face and the true innocence of same that I became ‘attached’ to this story (and him) and I was physically gutted when I heard the sad news on the radio quite early this morning, my Wife also. I admired the hundreds of folk who turned out to search for him and I wanted to have been one of those people and I so wanted it to have a happy outcome against all odds. The carp pedalled by the media about his disappearance and no sign of a break in etc. etc. had several folk drawn in I suspect.

Where it can be proven in cases like this that someone has perpetrated such crimes I do wish that really horrible public punishments could be visited upon them. It ‘may’ make others think or maybe it may not.

I now have a Grandson who is approaching 2yo. I don’t generally engage with children easily, but he is now the light of my life. Proper little chap who is generous with his love and is well behaved (for his Grandparents!). He as do they all, look to us elders for everything and we have their trust and we have a duty to keep that trust for ever.

If someone ‘took’ a member of my family they would need to be locked up.

Sorry about the waffling on. MD
 Missing boy - body found - Ted
>> Same here.
>>
Plus 1. Poor little soul.

A three year old doesn't dress himself and go walkabout in the night. We have a grandson of that age. If he was out, it wouldn't be long before one of the ' good ' folk found him and called the Bill.

HO
 Missing boy - body found - madf
>>

+1

Sad comment on our country
it wasn't a difficult conclusion to come to. 3 year olds don't get themselves up int he middle of the night, dressed, shoes on, reach the door latch and leave the house. And paedos don't enter houses and lift little kids without leaving signs of a break in.

It screamed "inside job"
There was one major clue that was broadcast...they published a photo of the little guy in an anorak - saying that he would be dressed in that when he went missing. This suggested adult intervention
 Missing boy - body found - legacylad
Even my 86yo Mum knew there was only one way this could end up. So sad.
>>
>> Sad comment on our country
>>

On the world in general. We're no different to anyone else when it comes to child murders and a lot better than many.
 Missing boy - body found - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25798389

A 33-year-old woman has been arrested and charged

Sky named her. I did not think that was allowed?
 Missing boy - body found - smokie
The earlier BBC report said something like "she was known locally as", and gave a full name. I see they've removed it now, maybe since she was charged.
 Missing boy - body found - Bromptonaut
No mention on BBC radio of what the charge is. Is it murder/manslaughter or concealing a death in some way?

No doubt we'l find out tomorrow at Sheriff Court.
>>

On a motoring theme, the route from Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy, (Queensferry Road, FRB, M90, A92), has several fixed roadside ANPR and survelliance cameras. I am sure these cameras, and others, would have featured in the checks on cars available to the family.
Last edited by: Uncle Albert on Sun 19 Jan 14 at 09:29
 Missing boy - body found - BobbyG
When these things happen you always wonder at what point the police knew what had happened. Wonder if there was a confession at the end that directed them so quickly to the house and the woodland behind it.

There was a program on BBC Scotland a while back that featured some high profile murder cases and the background to them with interviews of the investigating police. Can't remember which case it was but the police said that they were effectively convinced from day one who did it but had to allow the whole "public appeals" and some other red herrings to come into play to lull the guilty person into thinking they had got away with it.

I wonder if something similar happened here.
I don't think it would take long to find the family link to the house in Kirkcaldy, the nearby woodland may have needed a point in the right direction, maybe under pressure from other information.
Last edited by: Uncle Albert on Sun 19 Jan 14 at 17:36
I'm with Bobby on this one.....there would have been a dual enquiry, the public one and the not so public one, the Police depend on constant driving publicity to get witnesses etc. Note the similarities to the Machynlleth murder 18 months ago - they were generating press interest to keep the momentum going. There was an odd exchange between a polly-filla news presenter and the live reporter at one stage....mainstream press are very careful about what is actually broadcast vs. what they know.
Further to my post above I so want to know what went on here and furthermore I want, with a passion, some pfd to suffer for this.

MD.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 20 Jan 14 at 01:19
>> Further to my post above I so want to know what went on here and
>> furthermore I want, with a passion, some pfd to suffer for this.
>>
>> MD.
>>

I doubt if child killers have a pleasant time inside.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 20 Jan 14 at 01:19
It's what drives them that gets me, it really does. How can you..........??
>> I'm with Bobby on this one

And me, maybe I was being too subtle (unusual for me) for this media.
When constabulary duty's to be done, to be done,
The policeman's lot is not a happy one...

Clearing up society's little messes all the time must get wearing. Tracking down, often quite easily, crazed mothers and drooling inadequates guilty of frightful and heinous crimes... must get a bit depressing too.

'You've really done it this time, Filthy Fred. God he stinks. Don't let him in the car! Can we radio for a van Sarge?'
Interestingly enough, the mother has been charged "In connection with the boy's death". There is no mention of murder.
He could have died in any number of ways.
Yes, could have been accidental, and mother panicked.
How about these for sad people?

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/mikaeel-kular-two-arrested-over-racist-tweets-1-3273282
Dreadful people. One of my leftie friends on FB posted a link to some dreadful racist going on about this BNP or somesuch loons. They are sick.
From the link above

Police Scotland Edinburgh Divisional Commander, said: “Any reports of racist, offensive or abusive comments made online will be thoroughly investigated and those responsible will be brought to justice.

So they police for online offensive comments now?

Racist I can understand, abusive ?, but offensive, in whose eyes? We better delete this whole thread! MD watch out.
 Missing boy - body found - Haywain
If you're offended by the t.v.; turn it off.
If you're offended by Twitter; don't do Twitter.

I'm afraid I turned away from this sorry story following the pictures of mourning strangers, children's messages, teddy bears and flowers. As with Diana and Mandela, I can only stand so much.
I don't know the family, I don't know the kid, I don't know the area or anyone that lives there.

Subsequently, I can't get all hot and bothered, emotional or morally engaged with any of it. You can blame that on compassion fatigue caused by too many attempted heart tugging visual images from whatever todays Biafra is.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 19 Jan 14 at 20:15
Absolutely both - the local florists must be licking their lips.
Summed up here -

www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/inventor-unveils-all-in-one-portable-tragedy-shrine-201009083072
>> Summed up here -
>>
>> www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/inventor-unveils-all-in-one-portable-tragedy-shrine-201009083072
>>

I love it, are they up for franchise outlets in a range of Asda stores?

However some people may find your post offensive:) The Sottish Polis will be knockin on your door.

On second thoughts they soon will have no authority here in England, a European arrest warrant will be issued, and you will find yourself deported without right of appeal.
>> So they police for online offensive comments now?
>>
>>
>> Racist I can understand, abusive ?, but offensive, in whose eyes?
>>

Welcome to the PC UK. Maybe he means racially abusive, or threatening, I believe some types of offensive are covered by legislation.
After a Celtic Rangers match that kicked off some trouble a couple of years ago (many insist any trouble between these must be sectarian rather than just good old football rivalry), a new Act was passed called Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act .

Many legal figures said that there was nothing within it that wasn't covered under existing legislation but Salmond & co pushed ahead with it "to be seen to do something"

Fast forward a year or two and there has been a constant stream of people up in court for shouting / singing / tweeting / facebooking offensive comments and time after time they are released without further charges. The police are pulling one person from a crowd of hundreds, all singing the same song and putting him up to be charged. Court after court are throwing the cases out since there is no proof anyone was actually offended.

Couple of weeks ago we had someone up in court for writing threatening remarks about Celtic manager Neil Lennon on Twitter although Lennon wasn't named. The police admitted that no one had complained about it and that they had found the message by searching Twitter with various key words.

The Sheriff came to the conclusion that no threat was made to Lennon , no intent was made, no one saw that were offended so just released him.

If the police are going to follow up every tweet, facebook etc then gawd help us!

But there is a whole underlying issue in Scotland with regards to Police Scotland and us slowly heading towards a police state.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/19/scotland-snp-police-state-justice-secretary
'Police Scotland' has the look of a trendy radical rebadging exercise. Where will the Chief Constable of Strathclyde fit into the new pecking order?

Police State really means secret political police though. Some countries are run by them. We have them of course, but they have a very light touch here as a general rule. We aren't seen as that unruly by the powers that be.

Been in a couple of places ruled by secret police, places where the media and all government departments had these all-powerful security commissars to places where the younger brothers of desert warlords would set themselves up as spooks, all the way from jolly and entertaining via comic and ridiculous to downright sinister and frightening. Funny world out there no kidding. We're fortunate in this country.
There is no Chief of Strathclyde Police anymore, there is no Strathclyde Police! All falls under Police Scotland now, no separate forces.
House was the previous Strathclyde chief.
maybe they should be called the "PoliceForce of Scotland" The PoS
Yep.
Impressive how quickly the plods lifted them.
If I ever think it's a good idea to put flowers, teddy bears, crazed messages and so on in some place to commemorate some awful event (I never have so far, quite the contrary), I still won't need to bother because there are lots of frightfully keen people who will be doing it already.

I suppose their motives are mixed not to say confused, and not all that admirable in most cases. But it's such an alien mindset that I could have got it wrong.
 Missing boy - body found - bathtub tom
The kid hadn't been seen at his nursery since Christmas, how long had he been dead?

It'll all come out in the wash.

Mods, can we lock this, please?

>> Mods, can we lock this, please?

Or to accommodate everyone, make the thread inaccessible to bathtub tom while leaving it open.
 Missing boy - body found - Pat
As said by someone above, if you don't want to read it then no-one has to click on the thread.

It's clear by the title what it's about.

Pat
Last edited by: Pat on Mon 20 Jan 14 at 04:26
 Missing boy - body found - Bromptonaut
Charge against Mother now being reported as Murder. I did wonder if the wee lad had died from some other cause and offence in play concealement. Seems the Polis don't believe that.
Latest Forum Posts