Non-motoring > Angela Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 9

Angela - MD
Angela Dorothea Merkel is a German politician and former research scientist, who has been the Chancellor of Germany since 2005 and the leader of the Christian Democratic Union since 2000. She is the first woman to hold either office.

And she cannot Ski too well. 'tis a Germanic thing.....
 Angela - Zero
Yup

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25622660

They are all piste.
 Angela - Ted

Mug's game....my good friends in Cumbria go every year about this time. 5 years or so back, wife came home by air ambulance with most of her leg below the knee shattered.

One good thing came out of it all...SWM volunteered to go and help for a week and I drove her up there. Returning home I had the bliss of a week's freedom to do and cook what I wanted. I collected her a week later ...back to the old routine ...bah

Only done it once and me hat blew off ! No more thank yew.

HO
 Angela - Cliff Pope
"Chancellor Merkel went skiing with bodyguards"

But no helmet
 Angela - Zero
Why would she take Helmut? He's 95 and can't ski any more.
 Angela - Manatee
Helmut hadn't a helmet either. He made do with an old Kohl scuttle.
 Angela - Dog
=> Helmut hadn't a helmet either. He made do with an old Kohl scuttle.

Triffic!
 Angela - Alanovich
Off to Bosnia for my annual ski trip in 5 weeks. Can't wait. You can't go off piste there at all because they haven't cleared the landmines yet.
 Angela - Zero
You'll need your Flak Jacob as well as your Helmut then.
 Angela - Biggles
While the article refers to cross-country skiiing, she was effectively going for a gentle walk in the snow with a couple of sticks attached to her feet to stop them sinking into the snow, rather like snow shoes. This is an excellent activity for "people of a certain age", getting them out into the fresh air. The Chancellor's press spokesman nearly collapsed into giggles when he said the accident was "probably low speed".
Latest Forum Posts