Non-motoring > Mobile phone battery mystery Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mike Hannon Replies: 5

Mobile phone battery mystery - Mike Hannon
I hope I've put this in the right place.
I have a Nokia C2 mobile phone, just an ordinary one because I don't need anything else and the signal here is rubbish anyway so I can hardly use it, that I bought about 15 months ago for its excellent camera more than anything.
It worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago then the battery suddenly started to run down very quickly. I priced another battery locally - ludicrous as France almost always is - so I got my son to pick up one for me from the Bay of Evil at 3 quid plus postage.
It arrived no problem and when I charged it as instructed and put it in the phone it lasted 4 days on standby and a couple of texts, which is better than the original one ever did. Then, suddenly, it died. I charged it again and it lasted a day without losing any charge, then died again within an hour.
Is this what Chinese lithium-ion batteries do? Or is there, perhaps, something wrong with the phone or is it doing something I don't know about? Should I bother trying to get another replacement battery or just chuck the phone away?
In the meantime, I put my SIM card in my well-worn old Samsung C700, that hasn't been used for more than a year, the battery of which seems to be working perfectly.
Technology really get me down these days. The blinking car is more clever than I.
 Mobile phone battery mystery - Manatee
I've only bought cheap li-on camera batteries, not phone ones, but they have been OK. Granted, they aren't charged as often as phone ones.
 Mobile phone battery mystery - Zero
Never buy cheap batteries from the bay of evil. They are nearly always cheap crap. Often they are second hand in new plastic cases. As you found out.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 6 Jan 14 at 11:09
 Mobile phone battery mystery - smokie
I agree with Zero - I bought a cheap one for the work Blackberry because the ordering process through work is so cumbersome. It looks well charged but as soon as you start using it is zooms down.
 Mobile phone battery mystery - MD
My motorola Defy (ant) has started doing just that. 9 days out of 10 it will tear down the scale and one day it won't. A friend in the game thinks that restoring factory settings is a likely cure, but of course if you do then back up your info' first.
 Mobile phone battery mystery - Bromptonaut
>> Never buy cheap batteries from the bay of evil. They are nearly always cheap crap.
>> Often they are second hand in new plastic cases. As you found out.

Same warning applies to Amazon re-seller. As I found out replacing battery in my Sony Ericcson K800.
Latest Forum Posts