Non-motoring > Are you a psychopath Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 77

Are you a psychopath - CGNorwich
An interesting quiz - Can't wait to see the results for forum members to see if they coincide with my perceptions ;-)

For the record I scored 18%

"You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily."

psychopath.channel4.com/quizzes.html
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sat 4 Jan 14 at 21:00
 Are you a psychopath - Runfer D'Hills
Blimey 58% !

"Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life."
 Are you a psychopath - R.P.
45% same category as Humph.
Got the moderator bit right then !

;-)
"Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life."

Sgt Wilson...?

;-)

Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Sat 4 Jan 14 at 21:30
 Are you a psychopath - No FM2R
76%

You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies.
 Are you a psychopath - Robin O'Reliant
Another 45% here.
 Are you a psychopath - Skip
45% here
 Are you a psychopath - Robbie34
15%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.
You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies.

Capt. Mainwaring...

:-)
"You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily."

Pvt Godfrey...

;-)
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Sat 4 Jan 14 at 21:30
 Are you a psychopath - Stuu
45%

Not bad for a loony fruitcake.
 Are you a psychopath - madf
48% on a good day.

-50% on a full moon.
 Are you a psychopath - Old Navy
64%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.
 Are you a psychopath - Zero
76%

ou can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies...

Liking puppies was my downfall otherwise I would have kicked Marks ass.
 Are you a psychopath - Dog
39%

"Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either.

You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover.

‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life".

(*_*)
 Are you a psychopath - Westpig
36%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

Pretty accurate for me.
 Are you a psychopath - legacylad
45%.Is that good, bad, or indifferent? WTF. I don't give a stuff anyway.
 Are you a psychopath - Fenlander
39% for me. Pleased to have company of those above who scored similar... which of course being a 39 percenter I would.
 Are you a psychopath - Armel Coussine
33% according to the test, but it's rubbish or course. I'm much more psychopathic than that (although less so than Zero or FMR obviously).
I'm worried. Everbody's far more of a psychopath than me. I do empathise with you all though. Off to lock all the doors.

Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sat 4 Jan 14 at 23:26
 Are you a psychopath - Ted

52% Another pragmatic streaker !

HO
 Are you a psychopath - Fullchat
37%

About right.
 Are you a psychopath - Manatee
Yet another 45%
 Are you a psychopath - FocalPoint
24%

Yup - got that about right, I think.
 Are you a psychopath - Pat
52%

''Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.''

Pat
 Are you a psychopath - Duncan
45%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.''

Private Walker
At least we now know who the psychopaths are, but most of us knew that anyway.
>> At least we now know who the psychopaths are, but most of us knew that
>> anyway.
>>

Yes

Petard jobs.
 Are you a psychopath - Ambo
36% but got the same summary as several others, including Runfer D'Hills with 58% and Uncle Albert with 64%, so seriously doubt the validity of the test.
 Are you a psychopath - swiss tony
Your
score 82%

You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies...
 Are you a psychopath - crocks
My score was 24%....
..if that's alright with you.
A simpler test is to ask someone what they think of Franks Sinatra's hit "My Way" . It's almost a hymn for psychopaths.

I've lived a life that's full
I've travelled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
 Are you a psychopath - Cliff Pope
21%

Wouldn't a real psychopath be quite cunning, and know not to own up to obvious loaded questions?
 Are you a psychopath - Old Navy
In my case the academic obviously can't tell the difference between psychopathic and cantankerous. :-)
Yes he would. He might also be so cunning as to raise the point in a post as a sort of double bluff when claiming a low score.
The multiple-choice scale is too basic, without a 'neither/nor' or 'both equally' median choice. This forces one to answer with less than strict accuracy.

Plus, someone might for example know that they are capable of succumbing to temptation and 'cheating on their partner', while also knowing that they would probably feel quite bad about it. That too forces people to answer dishonestly on some level.
 Are you a psychopath - Manatee
>> 21%
>>
>>
>> Wouldn't a real psychopath be quite cunning, and know not to own up to obvious
>> loaded questions?

I do believe you're right.

What was your score again?
>>Wouldn't a real psychopath be quite cunning

Wouldn't that make as much sense as cheating at solitaire?
My friend Laurie Smith the leather craftsman was diagnosed as a psychopath, and this sums him up nicely:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mask_of_Sanity

He lived in perfect isolation in this cottage for 30 years and I could have bought it 16 years ago for £130k but, it didn't look like this back then:

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-23282874.html

He once told me that he was emotionally stunted, but he never really hurt anyone in his life, apart from far too many women, alas.

The amazing thing about him was that everyone who knew him, loved him, I knew the 'real' Laurie though,
and I still loved him.
 Are you a psychopath - Londoner
12% Utter Swaddling!

"You are warm and empathic ..." = absolutely not.
" ... with a heightened awareness of social responsibility ..." = true, but becaue I think that it is the right thing to do - not because I have any affection for people.

"You are very much a ‘people person’ ..." = False. Can't stand most people.
"... and dislike conflict. " = No. I am an argumentative so-and-so.
>> I am an argumentative so-and-so.

So, will you admit to being a world-class liar Londoner?

I bet you won't...
>> >> I am an argumentative so-and-so.
>>
>> So, will you admit to being a world-class liar Londoner?
>>
>> I bet you won't...
>>
>>
Sorry, AC. I've been away from the forum for a while, and I don't understand what you are getting at. (Genuinely confused here)

If you say that I am something, then I'm sure that you must be correct. But what is it that I am supposed to have told lies about? (Genuinely confused)
Take it easy Londoner... I just thought that if you were the sort of misanthropic curmudgeon you claimed to be, yet got the most fluffy-kitten score of anyone on that crap psychopath test, you must have been lying to it...

I'm sure you weren't really. It was impossible to answer such questions honestly anyway. Load of fairly amusing crap.

Glad you're back. Where could you have been? Anyway get stuck in with some hostile polemic. It's been sadly lacking of late. I can't keep the dark side going all by myself.
Ah! Now I see where you are coming from....

I've been thinking about the test - it was far too simplistic. I reject the psychopathic traits in favour of the opposite end of the spectrum, but from an intellectual perspective - not because I am a people person.

>> Where could you have been?
A few personal problems kept me away. My job being "outsourced" to India was the start of it... (Something for another thread.)

On a more pleasant note, I have a new car. (Bought just days before the shock news of my job going - what perfect timing!).
>>I've been thinking about the test - it was far too simplistic

You could always take the proper test: arkancide.com/psychopathy.htm
"A grossly inflated view of one's abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings."

I do dislike tests with an agenda. How can you ask someone if something applies to them and get an honest answer when you load such a set of negative emotions into the question?
I should imagine the test is mainly used in psychiatric units and prisons by highly qualified personnel who have the experience to assess a perp via close observation over an extended time period.
You are right Dog . It is something called the Hare Psychopath checklist used as you say by professionals in diagnosis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist
>> You are right Dog . It is something called the Hare Psychopath checklist used as
>> you say by professionals in diagnosis.
>>
>>
>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist

The interview portion of the evaluation covers the subject's background, including such items as work and educational history; marital and family status; and criminal background. Because psychopaths lie frequently and easily, the information they provide must be confirmed by a review of the documents in the subject's case history.

>> >> Where could you have been?
>> A few personal problems kept me away. My job being "outsourced" to India was the
>> start of it... (Something for another thread.)

It related job I guess, -Join the club!
 Are you a psychopath - sajid

Your
score 64%

After watching Sherlock last night I've realised I'm a sociopath.
Without his talent, of course.

The tell-tale was the child asking why grown ups did things. Sherlock replied, "I don't know, I'll ask one".
A propos, if you are a fund manager -

www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a755e022-68a8-11e3-996a-00144feabdc0.html?siteedition=uk#axzz2pbgdFPhK
 Are you a psychopath - Mapmaker

But I chose kitten just to put them off the scent...
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Mon 6 Jan 14 at 14:25
>> 76.
>>
>> But I chose kitten just to put them off the scent...
>>

I dithered for a bit about ticking "kitten". I wondered if it was a bait set to catch pyschopaths with a liking for animal torture.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ThRDbfZo
 Are you a psychopath - Alanovich
45%.

Higher than I was expecting.
The psychopath’s guide to finance careers

"
If you are reading this column, there is a relatively high chance you are a psychopath. If you also work in the financial services industry, the odds are even higher "

tinyurl.com/p2nkvpm

Same test : tried again and got 64%...
Last edited by: madf on Mon 6 Jan 14 at 15:10
Here’s the list of jobs with the highest rates of psychopathy:

1. CEO
2. Lawyer
3. Media (Television/Radio)
4. Salesperson
5. Surgeon
6. Journalist
7. Police Officer
8. Member of the Clergy
9. Chef
10. Civil Servant

And the lowest rates of psychopathy:

1. Care Aide
2. Nurse
3. Therapist
4. Craftsperson
5. Beautician/Stylist
6. Charity Worker
7. Teacher
8. Creative Artist
9. Doctor
10. Accountant
Number 4 in column 1 doesn't surprise me in the least.

:}
As a sometime journalist and media person, I am very psychopathic and in the company of business villains, surgeons, lawyers, coppers and (tee hee) members of the clergy.

As a sometime teacher and lifelong craftsperson and creative artist, I am hardly psychopathic at all and in the company of nurses, beauticians, charity workers and accountants... (accountants? Shome mishtake shurely...).

Thanks for placing me so precisely on the psychopathy scale CGN. Those of a nervous disposition would be well advised to take to the woods when they see me coming, especially if I am carrying an obvious weapon. Better safe than sorry eh?

:o}

Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 6 Jan 14 at 15:41
 Are you a psychopath - FocalPoint
"Here’s the list of jobs with the highest rates of psychopathy:

1. CEO
2. Lawyer
3. Media (Television/Radio)
4. Salesperson
5. Surgeon
6. Journalist
7. Police Officer

And the lowest rates of psychopathy:

1. Care Aide
2. Nurse
3. Therapist
4. Craftsperson
5. Beautician/Stylist
6. Charity Worker
7. Teacher
8. Creative Artist
..."

I used to be a teacher. In the past I also worked as a healthcare professional. Now I'm doing an MMus course in music composition. It seems I'm gravitating towards the bottom of the list! (Mind you, Hitler was a painter, wasn't he?)

Reminds me of a true story:

Many years ago, at the start of my teaching career, I became friends with the head of P.E. He told me how he used to be a police officer, but got disillusioned with having to boss people around and be nasty to them - so he became a teacher. A short while after telling me that, he resigned to become the manager of a sports centre. That way, he said, he would be dealing only with people who actually wanted to be there. It seems as if he found being a teacher a bit too much like being a policeman!
Last edited by: FocalPoint on Mon 6 Jan 14 at 15:43
I was a hopeless teacher. I was far too young, hot-tempered and ignorant to be able to hold the class's attention, and it was an appalling private day school in South London where I was expected to teach things I wasn't qualified to teach. I quite liked the boys in my class but they were a bit scornful of me, not much liking my wet-behind-the-ears alternative views and behaviour.

The deputy head was a cadaverous, wiry, ferocious charater in spectacles, very like Chalky in the Giles cartoons if anyone can remember those. Hearing my class in its usual uproar he came in one day. The boys fell more of less silent, but that wasn't good enough for Chalky. He didn't like the look on one boy's face so leapt forward and slapped his face back and forth very hard several times. My own attempts at ruling by physical violence, common in the schools I went to as a child, came to an end because of course it hurt and humiliated the boys, so I had given it up.

I must say I was mildly take aback. Struck me as at least a breach of protocol. In the end I took to arriving later and later in the morning and getting drunk in the pub at lunch time with the school handyman, an engaging character. So I got fired, a bit of a relief to tell the truth.

Was Chalky a psychopath? Who knows... he was certainly a trifle authoritarian.
 Are you a psychopath - Lygonos
Not really measuring psychopathy.

More a measure of ability to crap on other people and take the glory for other peoples' work.

Hurting animals and children, however, is a mega red flag for an -opathy, and not associated with CEOs and Lawyers.

People who compile lists are psycopaths..
It's being on my list you need to worry about. :-)
 Are you a psychopath - Mapmaker
>>"Hurting animals"

Difficult to know what they mean in that question. What they actually write is:

>>“I don’t get bothered by seeing animals injured or in pain.”

I'm afraid that it does not bother me one bit to think of a pheasant falling out of the sky to be picked up by Zero's dog and its neck pulled.

Which is a world of difference from hearing of some bloke leaving his dog in the car to die in the heat. Which would bother me greatly.

>>“It would be fun to drive fast cars, ride rollercoasters and go skydiving.”

I couldn't see the connection here. Rollercoasters are safe as houses; probably safer. I find them exceptionally dull. Skydiving, on the other hand, is most definitely not!

Are you a psychopath - Roger.
>
>> I'm afraid that it does not bother me one bit to think of a pheasant
>> falling out of the sky to be picked up by Zero's dog and its neck
>> pulled.
My son-in-law (a soldier!) found an injured pheasant in the road before Christmas.
It seemed to have a broken wing, so he brought it home and installed it in their - heated - downstairs loo. Here it had its own cardboard box, complete with padding, plus a plentiful supply of birdseed and water. It crapped everywhere!
After Christmas it seemed to be better, to the extent that it started pecking at folks using the loo, so it was decided that a run in the garden might be essayed for Phil - yes it now had a name!
Phil being a sensible bird, explored the garden and not liking the cold promptly took refuge in the garage. - not an outdoor bird now!
It has now been established that while the blinking thing can emulate Road Runner, it seems not to be able to fly.
Solution - build a VERY sturdy - well, S-I-L is in REME - outdoor run and house.
(They are in rural Suffolk and foxes are, no doubt, about).
Hopefully, this will double as a chicken house & run. Keeping a few hens has been discussed, but it took a poorly Phil the Pheasant to get the project started!
Loons!
Last edited by: Roger on Mon 6 Jan 14 at 18:18
 Are you a psychopath - Pat
That's restored my faith in human nature!

Pat

>> I'm afraid that it does not bother me one bit to think of a pheasant
>> falling out of the sky to be picked up by Zero's dog and its neck
>> pulled.

You and Fifi are of the same mind.

In fact I have just taken Fifi off steroids because she was becoming a psychopath.
 Are you a psychopath - Ted

A cyclopath near us yesterday

goo.gl/maps/35L36

HO
>> Can't wait to see the results for forum members to see if they coincide with my perceptions ;-)

So do they, CG?
 Are you a psychopath - tyro
12%

So - that's me and Londoner.

And the similarities don't end there.

>>"You are warm and empathic ..." = absolutely not.

Yup - same here.

>>" ... with a heightened awareness of social responsibility ..." = true, but becaue I think that it is the right thing to do - not because I have any affection for people.

Me too.

>>"You are very much a ‘people person’ ..." = False. Can't stand most people.

Moi aussi

>>"... and dislike conflict. " = No. I am an argumentative so-and-so.

There we differ.

By the way, have we ever had a Myers-Briggs thread?
 Are you a psychopath - Lygonos
Only a gentle thread drift but.....

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-25646170

My favourite bit is the last 100 or so words with the judge's response to the plea for leniency by a city councillor.
>> My favourite bit is the last 100 or so words

It's happening at this end of the country too Lygonos, bunch of cocky horrid pimps down on the coast importing Hungarian girls, family abusing some sort of slave down by Chichester, bashing the bloke about just for fun in front of the cctv....

We think we are civilised. Not like those foreigners.
 Are you a psychopath - Focusless
>> By the way, have we ever had a Myers-Briggs thread?

Mentioned here (Manatee's post 5 from the bottom):
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=8593&v=f
 Are you a psychopath - tyro
Thanks, Focusless.

I had a quick read through the thread. Very interesting.

I reckon that there is a lot of validity in Myers-Briggs.
Pretty much!
Latest Forum Posts