Non-motoring > A Modest Fashion Trend Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 1

A Modest Fashion Trend - zippy
Eldest is at Uni and has apparently started a small fashion trend. .

There was a fire in the room next to his at the end of the first week back after Christmas last year. The fire alarms worked and no one was hurt. The culprit was suitably admonished.

The interviewing police officer was astonished that the lad hadn’t heard anything of the commotion in the room before the fire so he was invited in to the lad’s room to be shown:

Exhibit A: Several sets of factory issued inner ear plugs.

Exhibit B: A pair of big blue over the ear, ear defenders.

Statement taken down: “Trying to get any work done here is impossible with all the noise going on so Dad got me these!”

Policeman: Broad smile; "Ok, I believe you".

Unfortunately the local Screwfix is now out of ear plugs and the youngster has asked me to arrange for a delivery direct.

The guy on the counter commented that he was the nth student coming in asking for them this term. Never happened before!
 A Modest Fashion Trend - MJW1994
I bought a large bag of those from Screwfix, great as an extra protection as well as defenders when chainsawing and also great when I used to ride a motorbike. They are also useful for blocking out parental mood-swings. I am surprised students need them though - aren't they hard at work in the evenings?
Latest Forum Posts