Non-motoring > Happy New.. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 36

Happy New.. - MD
..Year....

... to you all............................Including and 'specially GB.

Peace now. Slagging off again commences tomorrow:-)
 Happy New.. - rtj70
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!
 Happy New.. - MD
**ssed already I see:-)
 Happy New.. - No FM2R
Happy New Year to all.
 Happy New.. - R.P.
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda...from Mona's fair Isle.
 Happy New.. - Armel Coussine
Yup, to all here. Not forgetting the site authorities who maintain an outlet for our sociability, didacticism and narcissism, a free-of-charge daily indulgence... .
 Happy New.. - ToMoCo
All the best for the year ahead.

I don't post that much, but read often.
 Happy New.. - Zero
yeah, HNY
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 1 Jan 14 at 09:00
 Happy New.. - Manatee
...nearly there...Best wishes for a happy 2014 :)
 Happy New.. - No FM2R
Oh good shot!!
 Happy New.. - Ted

Yup....HNY to all of you mob out there. May it be a good one.

HO
Just watched the fireworks on TV. There go our benefits for the next five years eh?

I wonder how the Russians are planning to outdo us and the Chinese at Sochi. A small nuclear bomb on Chechnya perhaps?

Raaaas....

:o}

Sorry. I don't know what came over me. But something did. Champagne or vodka or Bourbon. Or something else.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 1 Jan 14 at 00:28
 Happy New.. - Fullchat
A safe and Happy New Year to you all.
 Happy New.. - crocks
Happy New Year.

A meal with friends. Just enough alcohol. Jules Holland. And winning a game of Jenga.

I'm feeling wonderful.

It's all downhill from here.
 Happy New.. - VxFan
>> There go our benefits for the next five years

We're spending it before more Romanians and Bulgarians arrive in the morning.

HYN Everyone

Happy New.. - BobbyG
Happy New Year folks!

Or it may just be singular folk, for all I know you may all be the same person, especially with all these name changes.

Adamski
 Happy New.. - Runfer D'Hills
Happy New Year !
 Happy New.. - Clk Sec
All the very best for 2014.
 Happy New.. - Dog
>>May it be a good one.

They most likely had similar hopes at the start of 1914.
 Happy New.. - Zero
>> >>May it be a good one.
>>
>> They most likely had similar hopes at the start of 1914.

And 1918, and 1945.

You are gazing down drain holes again Dog.
 Happy New.. - Dog
Ever the optimist, that's me.
 Happy New.. - PeterS
Happy New Year everyone!
 Happy New.. - Old Navy
A safe, healthy, and happy new year to all. Keep it shiny side up and on the black bit. :-)
 Happy New.. - Telb
Yes HNY to all here from me too. If you're the sort that makes resolutions can I suggest to the guys here of a certain age they resolve to get their bits checked out this year.

Stay safe and healthy everyone (wealthy would be too much to hope for!)
 Happy New.. - Robin O'Reliant
I don't do New Year, it's just another digit on the calendar and nothing changes only the date and the weather's still awful and my tax is due but Happy New Year to you all anyway.

It's only being so cheerful keeps me going.
 Happy New.. - Clk Sec
>> and my tax is due

It's only the 1st, you know!
 Happy New.. - Dog
>> It's only being so cheerful keeps me going.

I'm with ^this^ Rebel ... my mate in Plymouth reckons that the world ended on dec21 last year? so by his reckoning this is day eleven of the year 1AA (After Apocalypse)
 Happy New.. - Westpig
>> A safe, healthy, and happy new year to all. Keep it shiny side up and
>> on the black bit. :-)
>>

Is that a tread drift?
 Happy New.. - legacylad
I'm not a NYE kind of person. Enforced joviality. Crowded pubs.
But this time it was acceptable. NYE 3pm early doors drinking with a few good friends in my (quiet) local, train 40 mins down the line to be collected by gf, who had the seat heaters on ready for me. I cooked a nice bit of sirloin for us from the local butcher, roasted veg, decent Jackson Estate Sav Blancs, followed by some cheap fizz then a few large G & Ts sitting in front of the fire until the wee small hours. Pot of tea and bacon sarnies in bed for bfast, lift back to station and back to my local for a few early doors (2pm)beers.
Pretty much a perfect 24 hours, apart from arriving home to find a power cut. I knew it wouldn't last.
Happy New Year one and all
 Happy New.. - MD
Does she have a Sister? I want one.
 Happy New.. - legacylad
No, but she has a brother!
This one's a keeper. I am v fortunate to have her in my life, and realise that fact every day. Bless.
 Happy New.. - Bromptonaut
Not really a NY person either. All things equal I'd be in bed by 22:00.

OTOH we had an invite to join Mrs B's oldest friend's celebrations in North Wales. Miss B would be there anyway as her b/f is said oldest friend's son. The Lad also has his eye on a young lady in the same social circle so short of looking an utter wet blanket I'd no choice.

An OK evening in end with great food, plenty of drink & no forced activity. Options of TV, music etc at different spots in the house.

Topped off today by an excellent lunch at the Pant yr Ochain Free House at Gresford.

www.brunningandprice.co.uk/pantyrochain/
 Happy New.. - Ted

We stayed in...again. We had a big meal at lunchtime at the carvery so neither of us was hungry. About 2100 SWM made herself 2 boiled eggies and toast and I foraged in the cheese box ending up with half a dozen different cheeses and some cream crackers Washed it down with a small bottle of Budweiser.

Watched some recorded stuff then she went to bed about 2200. I went up and stayed on the computer, watched a couple of documentaries on the Tube and went to bed just after midnight.

The fireworks kept me awake for an hour and then some unknown 0800 number made the bedside phone shout at me at 0836. It was a recording wishing me a HNY from some cold caller...I imagine.

On call today but no turnouts. Spent a jolly couple of hours listening to Man City win again and half making a nice little roller-coaster kit I was given at Chrimbo. It has a spiral driven by battery which takes ball bearings to the top and sends them off on their journey down......all good stuff !

That's it now...normal life resumes in the morning. At least we got a paper today !

HO
 Happy New.. - Harleyman
Pee'd down here in Carmarthen both last night and this morning, so I stayed in with a couple of Fullers ESB for company, and didn't bother with the VMCC rideout either.

Annoyingly, forecast is dry for tomorrow but I'm back at work.
I'm always up till 2 or 3 anyway. Others usually in bed before midnight, but they don't mind staying up sometimes. The cousins from the other end of the lawn came to dinner (instead of us going there as someone was ill). Gravadlax eaties, turkey risotto, nice actually, and superb crêpes suzettes made by the foodie middle daughter. The nippers were allowed to stay up. Everyone else guzzled wine, I had my usual, we all had one glass of perfectly nice champagne for the big moment and there was a bit of bourbon. I didn't get plasterado but herself did as she does once in a blue moon. All OK though... all still alive.

Some elements of herself's family have a steady- or even heavy-drinking culture and tradition although she herself is normally abstemious. Suits me down to the ground now I've got used to it. Walked into a few trees and a few ditches at first, but that was 40 years ago.
 Happy New.. - BobbyG
Hogmonay
Started about 5pm with my sister, b-I-l and niece coming over. Joined a wee while later by some more relatives and some neighbours. We all had a good laugh watching 3 year old neighbour playing with my 3 year old black lab with a balloon - the dog carefully picking up the balloon by the knot each time!

Drink and food flowed and then the men went out to the man shed out the back, played darts and lit the wood burning stove and partook in some drink. Came back inside to toast the bells and then everyone slowly drifted out to the man shed with the stove burning well, the remnants of the food being reheated on the stove. Finally finished up about 3am.

New Years Day
Up about 11, walked the dog and cleared up the carnage in the house (can leave the man shed till another time). Up to my dad's for a steak pie meal - absolutely delicious.
Last night up to my missus' aunts for a New Years night party and more food and drink.

Today
Lazy morning, dog walk and then down to the inlaws for another steak pie meal.

Back to work tomorrow and detox will start on Monday!!!
 Happy New.. - Dog
A bit late, but: www.youtube.com/embed/VhiF-PD4E_c
Latest Forum Posts