Non-motoring > Bosch dishwashers - any good? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 79

Bosch dishwashers - any good? - RattleandSmoke
Our four year old Hotpoint dishwasher has decided to what Hotpoint products do best and stop working. First of all it wasn't doing the drainage cycle when it was supposed to e.g it would suddenly do it three hours later and it has also been leaking (pools of water under the dish washer) I suspect it might be the drainage pump.

A new copy pump is at least £30 and it could also do with a new door seal, I am thinking it is not worth trying to mend.

Currys have a new full size Bosch dishwasher in their sale for £250 is it worth buying or will it be the same as all the other crap for that price? I sadly no longer subscribe to Which magazine so I am not sure which brands are the most reliable. The high end German such like AEG is out of our budget.

Are Samsung dish washers any good? We have found that Samsung washing machines seem to last a lot longer than Hotpoints etc. Our old lasted six years before the drum bearings went causing damage I didn't think was worth fixing.
Last edited by: R.P. on Tue 24 Dec 13 at 18:25
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Fursty Ferret
For £250 you can't really go wrong.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - CGNorwich
Disposed of our Bosch dishwasher 3 months ago. Only lasted 18 years!. Was still working but getting a bit noisy so bought another in John Lewis. Basically the same as its predecessor but with an electronic timer. Not a lot of fancy settings but only ever use the standard wash which does everything just fine. JLP give a two year guarantee.

This is the one

www.johnlewis.com/bosch-sms40c02gb-dishwasher-white/p231233001

Bosch dishwashers - any good? - rtj70
We had a mid range Siemens dishwasher in the old house - very well built and very good (part of the same group as Bosch). I got it for a good price from A&S Domestics Rattle so worth checking them out?

But I have looked at Bosch dishwashers since and they aren't as well made as the one we got. Made to a price with a lot more plastic parts. I would still go for Bosch/Siemens over most other makes but don't think they will be as good as they used to be.
I am not sure if A&S is still there any more, I drive past it almost daily and I can't picture what is there, I know their spares division closed a long time ago.

I get the same impression, to me all this sales crap is nonsense and a £250 dish washer is a £250 dish washer. It says was sold for £350 last week but of course they might have just had one or two in stock and not actively advertised it at that price.

Still at £250 it seems almost identical to the one from JL at £280.

Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Manatee

>> But I have looked at Bosch dishwashers since and they aren't as well made as
>> the one we got. Made to a price with a lot more plastic parts. I
>> would still go for Bosch/Siemens over most other makes

Plastic is no longer synonomous with cheap and carp. Our 13 year old Miele has a lot of plastic in it.

I suspect that on the average the Bosch DWs of today are at least as reliable as those of yesteryear.

At one time Hotpoint DWs were Bosch clones anyway, and relatively apt more reliable than their washers. May still be for all I know, though unlikely as Hotpoint has been owned by Merloni for some years.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Zero
>> Plastic is no longer synonomous with cheap and carp. Our 13 year old Miele has
>> a lot of plastic in it.

But the quality, type and more importantly its structural and mechanical design does vary enormously. The less you pay the worse the plastic.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 25 Dec 13 at 10:16
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - zookeeper
>> >> Plastic is no longer synonomous with cheap and carp. Our 13 year old Miele
>> has
>> >> a lot of plastic in it.
>>
>> and thats just the knives and forks
This is the one in Currys www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/laundry-dishwashers/dishwashers/bosch-sms40t32gb-full-size-dishwasher-white-13212957-pdt.html

I think you get a two year warranty with all Bosh products so that is not an issue in fact it says it has two years warranty not that will stop the spotty oink in the showroom trying to sell us a a £1000 warranty.

Looks basically the same as our old machine. Go for it.
With plastic internals instead of metal but then I bet your old cost a lot lot more than £250 in 1996 money! The only real difference I can spot is the dear JL one has a digital display.
As I said the currys machine is basically identical to our old machine. I.e it doesn't have an electronic timer. The build quality on my new machine is about the same as the 18 year old machine.

Personally I never buy the more expensive models in a product range. You don't need 97 different programs to wish the dishes. Our washer has four which is three too many.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - slowdown avenue
they recommend bosch washers , but dont mention that model
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Old Navy
I suspect most dishwashers are like cars, mainly made of generic parts but with different badges.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Skip
>> I think you get a two year warranty with all Bosh products so that is
>> not an issue in fact it says it has two years warranty not that will
>> stop the spotty oink in the showroom trying to sell us a a £1000 warranty.

I bought a Bosch dishwasher about 4 years ago now, not sure of the model but it hasn't broken down so far, though something (pump or motor) is starting to get noisy. I upgraded the Bosch warranty to 5 years for 60 quid i think, I have probably wasted that money, but you never know !
Last edited by: Skip on Tue 24 Dec 13 at 19:27
got a Bosch half sized dishwasher, its 5 years old, not gone wrong not noisy, tho the plastic covering on the racks has cracked and are starting to rust
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Kevin
>This is the one in Currys..

Be careful Rats.

The racks in that one look like the crappy ones in our current Bosch. They're laid-out badly and are non-adjustable so it's a PITA to get stuff in efficiently and you end up wasting space.

Our previous Bosch was much better and lasted 12 years before it blew it's heating element.
Something that Bosch/Siemens/Neff have is adjustable upper basket height. Also you can take out the upper basket and attach a 'plastic head thin gummy' (looks like the end of a watering can) to the water inlet at the back. You can then wash full height items in there - e.g. the shelves out of the oven.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - No FM2R
Its probably not the drainage pump that you think it is.

In the bottom of the dishwasher is a small channel with a propeller in it. There's probably crap caught in it.

Work a look at any rate.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - R.P.
The Bosch that JL have is at £273 at BHSdirect.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Ted

There's a little shop in Higher Road, Urmston which sells white goods. Appliance Care.
They really live up to their name. First class people.

When our old Bosch ragged itself about 8 years ago...the usual...cables into the door hardening and breaking, they recommended a CDA. Made, I think, by Whirlpool. Kept it for the new kitchen I put in 5 years ago. Never had a spat with it, a good performer. Not too expensive, IIRC.

We got a Whirlpool washer later and it's been top class too. They take your old unit away.

HO
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Haywain
"any good"…..

We bought a Bosch Exxcel dishwasher in April 2005; at that time, the next one up had the "ability to be programmed from anywhere in the world via your mobile phone" ………… er, very useful???

It has given us faultless performance since we bought it, though a couple of years ago, it was subject to a recall notice after the dodgy main controller-design had caused several house fires. The recall not only affected Bosch, but Siemens and Neff as well. suffolktradingstandards.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/dishwasher-recalls-bosch-neff-and-siemens/

The chap came and fitted a new controller gratis - though the cost shown on the 'invoice' was around £300. As this happened about 6 years AFTER we had bought the dishwasher, I can only assume that Bosch traced us because we had registered the product. Since then, I have always registered any new electrical products that we have purchased - so there's a tip for you, Ratts!

Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Lygonos
Got a Bosch last year after our Diplomat built in jobby (badge engineered Whirlpool I think) died.

Quiet, but not great at drying - our Zanussi in our cottage is far better with the dishes being virtually dry at the end of a cycle which no doubt costs $$$ more to run :-)
We chose to run the Siemens dishwasher in the previous house on an economy wash most times (30 minutes and lower temperature). Meant things weren't totally dry but saved on electric. Same in this house but it's a Neff (still Bosch/Siemens then).

I can run it in a few different modes but it uses a lot more electric of course. The Siemens was more flexible. I suspect this is a low end Neff, the Siemens one we had was mid range and equivalent to top end Bosch at the time.

Our Siemens dishwasher was £350 back in 2005 or was it 2006. But it came with a Siemens 5 year warranty. At the time a Bosch Exxcel was more expensive and had two year warranty.

Regardless of make/model I'd not want to do Christmas without a dishwasher :-) Or any other day really.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 25 Dec 13 at 00:41
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Robin O'Reliant
I bought Mrs O'Reliant a dishwasher for Christmas.

I think it was called a Marigold. Quite cheap and uses no electricity, she'll be thrilled when she opens it.
And what music would you like played at your funeral? Bubbles is a given I guess.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Cliff Pope

>> I think it was called a Marigold. Quite cheap and uses no electricity, she'll be
>> thrilled when she opens it.
>>

It begins when she sinks in your arms, and ends with her arms in the sink.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Mike H
We've got a Bosch at the moment which is four years old, and had no problems. As others have said, keep it simple, don't pay a fortune for loads of programmes. Ours is run virtually exclusively on the economy setting and cleans everything thrown at it.

We previously had a Hotpoint which had a number of problems, some of which the manufacturer couldn't resolve.

Our first one was an AEG, the cheapest model in the range albeit still at the time fairly pricey, which gave no problems whatever. Once again, IIRC that had only three programs and we only usually used one of them.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Stuartli
I have a big 70cm wide Beko fridge/freezer (needed the capacity) and it's been faultless during the three years plus I've had it so far.

Beko also do dishwashers from around around the £215 price mark and are available, for instance, at:

ao.com/l/dishwashers-priced_170_to_350/1-23/21/?sort=-aol_saleincvat#!/dishwashers-beko-priced_170_to_350/1-6-23/21/?sort=-aol_saleincvat

who also price match even in the sales. Other brands are obviously on offer. Standard delivery is free.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Wed 25 Dec 13 at 11:09
JL has a 4.5 out of 5 star rating on a 131 reviews....I'd spend a little more with them, as mentioned ad nauseam on here their customer service is second to none. I have experience of this.
Co-op is cheaper than both.
www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/Household+Appliances/Laundry+and+Dishwashers/Dishwashers/Bosch/fd/c/c/c/b
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Avant
Agree with the majority. We got a next Bosch dishwasher earlier this year to replace a 25-year-old Bosch, and then only because it was leaking slightly.

More plastic inside than the old one, so I hope Manatee is right about that. Our washing machine and tumble dryer are also Bosch and have lasted over 20 years.

Approx. £300-£350 is enough to pay for any of these: the more expensive ones do things we never need them to. If you buy from John Lewis you get a 2-year warranty and for a very small extra payment they will deliver, install and take the old one away.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Stuartli
Normally I would have no hesitation in recommending Bosch, but the fridge I bought about seven years ago only last just over four years (the interior virtually fell apart). It was housed on top of a 30-year-old Lec freezer that was still working well, but both were replaced in the end by the Beko fridge/freezer mentioned earlier (£469 delivered at the time):

beko.co.uk/Item/CF7914AP?col=&route=/BekoRange/Category-Refrigeration/Width-70cm/

Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Boxsterboy
No experience of Bosch DW, but we have just replaced our old Bosch washing machine which was second-hand when we acquired it 17 years ago. It still worked but gave off a burning smell which we took as a sign to renew it. Used at least once a day every day. Needless to say we bought another Bosch.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - VxFan
I must be about the only C4P'er that doesn't have a dishwasher, nor feel the need to have one.

Presumably you've got to rinse plates, etc first to get rid of the majority of left over food that's on it before loading up the dishwasher, so why not just get a dishcloth and wash it all by hand? Takes all of 5 to 10 mins to wash up after dinner or tea.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Pat
Me neither VX, and I've never wanted one.

Washing up with arthritic hands in hot water has become even more of a pleasure lately.

For just two people I really can't see the point or the need.

Pat
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - DP
We got a secondhand Bosch dishwasher 4 years ago to get us out of trouble when our POS Indesit finally quit for good. The Bosch did 4 years sterling service until a kitchen refresh a few months ago when a friend offered us a more modern unit for nothing but the fuel collecting it. Sold the Bosch on eBay and got £55 back for it.

Quiet and cleaned well. Infuriating bottom rack design though.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Skip
"Presumably you've got to rinse plates, etc first to get rid of the majority of left over food that's on it before loading up the dishwasher, so why not just get a dishcloth and wash it all by hand? Takes all of 5 to 10 mins to wash up after dinner or tea."

"For just two people I really can't see the point or the need"

I used to think and say all of the above - until we got the first dishwasher and within a couple of days I knew that I would never be without one again !

Andy
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Old Navy
A dishwasher is just another time and effort saving machine. Would anyone like to be without their washing machine, vacuum cleaner, water and heating boiler, car, or swap their computer for a filing cabinet, calculator, pen and phone?
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 26 Dec 13 at 08:28
It is also much more efficient, hygienic and economical than doing the job by hand.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Dog
>>For just two people I really can't see the point or the need.

I'm with ^this^ geezer.
when you get one, you soon see the point.
We've had them in 4 or 5 of the properties we've owned but just wouldn't dream of ever using them when I can easily and quickly do the washing up by hand.
I thought you preferred automatics to manual. :-)
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - No FM2R
>>so why not just get a dishcloth and wash it all by hand? Takes all of 5 to 10 mins to wash up after dinner or tea.

Because I don't want to.

>>For just two people I really can't see the point or the need.

Who cares about "need"? I'm lucky enough I can buy stuff I "want".
>> I'm lucky enough I can buy stuff I "want".

So am I, but a dishwasher isn't on my stuff want list. Never has been, never will be.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Pat
I'm still with VX, I don't like pots standing around in the kitchen waiting to be rinsed and put in the dishwasher and it always seems a marathon of a job to empty it and put everything away.

Like MJW, I won't wash cat's dishes until everything else has been done and it is a 2 minute job to wash up for just two of us, so for me it's not something I want either.

I will have the chance to try though. The apartment we have in Looe for New Years Eve has a dishwasher.

We're there for two nights, will eat out on both of them!

Pat
>> I'm still with VX, I don't like pots standing around in the kitchen waiting to
>> be rinsed and put in the dishwasher

But you don't, you rinse them and put the in the dish washer and close the door. There are no pots standing around in the kitchen.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - sooty123
We've not one either, nor ever had one. Not dead set against them, just never had the space for one. I can't think of many people I knew that had them. Something I consider a nice to have at some point rather than a must have, with the limited white goods space.
>> I must be about the only C4P'er that doesn't have a dishwasher, nor feel the
>> need to have one.

you don't need to wash McDonalds happy meal boxes....
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Ambo
Our Bosch Exxcel is very good and quiet, but does not dry off the wash fully, regardless of the setting. The cutlery basket is not big enough, even for us two people.

It has an all-steel liner. The installer had warned against examples of the same model having a two-part liner, steel at the bottom and plastic at the top. He said such a build was common and would inevitably produce leaks when the joining material wore loose or was eroded.

Many public central libraries stock Which?
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Ted

Yeah...try putting the newspaper from yer fish 'n chips in one !

HO
>> you don't need to wash McDonalds happy meal boxes....

I wouldn't be seen dead in a SlopDonalds, especially after some of the tales I heard about one of the local ones and what goes on behind the scenes.

ps, didn't give you the gong, btw, but no doubt will get the blame for it as usual.
>> >> you don't need to wash McDonalds happy meal boxes....
>>
>> I wouldn't be seen dead in a SlopDonalds, especially after some of the tales I
>> heard about one of the local ones and what goes on behind the scenes.
>>
>> ps, didn't give you the gong, btw, but no doubt will get the blame for
>> it as usual.

You know I'd love to blame you *again* but alas I can't as its clearly the work of the two faced, cowardly, spineless, feeble minded, gutter living, bottom feeding, phantom scowly face giver.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - mikeyb
>> need to have one.
>>
>> Presumably you've got to rinse plates, etc first to get rid of the majority of
>> left over food that's on it before loading up the dishwasher, so why not just
>> get a dishcloth and wash it all by hand? Takes all of 5 to 10
>> mins to wash up after dinner or tea.
>>

Not in this house - table to dishwasher
>> Not in this house - table to dishwasher

You put the table in it? We just settle for a quick wipe down of the surface.
GL is right. My wife would add that domestic machines in general are the true Women's Lib.
Just about to dismantle daughter's NEFF integrated DW. Pump running continuously. Apparently it will do this if there is water in (there isn't), so presumably it just thinks there is water in. Likliehood (hope) is that the float is stuck, which we will have to hoick the machine out to get at.

I suspect this is a low end one (came with new house 5 years ago) and probably not unlike a £250 Bosch!
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - MJW1994
As far as I’m aware we’ve always had a dishwasher. The one we have is a Zanussi and seems to work fine, things come and clean and dry. If any pans have got very dirty then I may give them a quick wipe in the sink before they go in the machine but apart from that I just throw stuff in, add one of those tablet things and press the Start button.

The only time I don’t use it is if I’m on my own since it takes several days to fill the machine and often I will be hunting around looking for a certain plate or bowl and then realise it’s in the machine, so have to take it out and wash it anyway!

Sometimes I quite like washing-up by hand anyway, it’s a low skill job I don’t have to think about, as long as there’s plenty of hot water and Fairy Liquid (I don’t like the cheaper brands) and a quality sponge then I’m happy. Sometimes a visitor may ask why I don’t use the machine, well I quite like the job but then I am a bit odd.

I’m quite fussy though, a while back a friend helped and he didn’t rinse anything. When he went I rinsed it all again. Also I don’t like to put the dog’s bowl in with anything else, I usually do it separately in a different sink in the laundry room with a specific cloth and after a few days throw the cloth away. They are only cheap ones from one of those Pound shops.
>> Just about to dismantle daughter's NEFF integrated DW.

Pulled it out this morning. Tipped it forward 45 degrees and some water ran out of the catch tray underneath i.e. not from the actual washing compartment, suggesting a leak which had activated the flood protection.

Couldn't find a leak, so ran it (it worked), tipped it again, no water came out, so put it back. Working again, for now.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Bromptonaut
>> need to have one.
>>
>> Presumably you've got to rinse plates, etc first to get rid of the majority of
>> left over food that's on it before loading up the dishwasher, so why not just
>> get a dishcloth and wash it all by hand? Takes all of 5 to 10
>> mins to wash up after dinner or tea

We've had one since we moved into this house 16 yrs ago.

A Bauchnekt (?) installed by the builders only lasted about four years and was replaced by a Bosch. Great thing about it was flexibility of internal layout with practically all racks being collapsible and a facility to pre-wash/delay start to use E7 power. Useless engineer from Currys couldn't trace a fault at about six years old. Less Know How and more know nothing!!

After an inordinate delay their warranty arm wrote it off and gave us vouchers for a new one. The voucher value didn't extend to a decent Bosch and we bought a Zanussi. Fine but far less internal flexibility and some rather lengthy programmes.

Only things we rinse are cereal bowls, dried on Weetabix is like cement, and pans. Plates just get scraped clean. It has a ten minute cold rinse programme and all others except express wash include a hot pre-wash. Christmas day and yesterday when we had ten for dinner it was running non-stop!!.

When both offspring are at Uni we need to remind ourselves to run it once a day even if it's not full so as tp prevent smells.

Would never want to be without, washing up in holiday homes is a chore even with a view over he Minch to Skye.
Matt a man of your age should just buy paper plates instead :D. Plenty of beers too :).

What did I do when my parents were last away? Easy get out the power tools and build a garden gate :D.

Still not had a chance to look at the dish washer yet but I will try the suggestion with those blades underneath it.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Runfer D'Hills
My wife informed me this morning that her dishwasher had failed to work overnight. I had to advise her to consult the instruction manual while I took my shower and I'm pleased to say she has repaired it.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Armel Coussine
They are pretty new to me. We've got two here, one bigger than the other. I don't know or care what makes they are. I understand vaguely how to use them but can never find the salt, weird little tablets and so on, and I never know where to put them in the machines. They smell a bit nasty too from time to time.

They seem to get things quite clean, but are thought perhaps to damage delicate or patterned china and glass. Can this be true?
I don't now about "delicate or patterned china and glass" but our former machine (I can't recall its brand) would turn plain glass opaque.
>> They seem to get things quite clean, but are thought perhaps to damage delicate or
>> patterned china and glass. Can this be true?

The cleaning process uses a mild abrasive in the tablets as well as a bleaching chemical. Most modern crocks claim to be dishwasher proof. Would still be chary of putting best china in (if we had any) and ours has spoiled a few pieces of cheap patterned glass. EPNS cutlery is also best hand washed.

Like Ambo we've had problems with opaque clouding or streaking of glasses. I think it's an issue with rinse aid dose and/or type of tablets/powder used.

Much less evident in current Zanussi and using Aldi tablets. In fact a quick cycle removed clouding from the extra glasses we got out for the family invasion on Boxing Day.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Roger.
Never put good chef's knives in a dishwasher, either.
Or cats apparently.

:-(
>> Never put good chef's knives in a dishwasher, either.
>>

Why? Wooden handles wouldn't like it much but plastic should be OK?
talk is, the hot drying cycle affects the ability to keep a keen edge.
Not noticed a problem putting sharp knives in the machine and been doing it for long enough.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Fenlander
Bosch dishwashers are fine. We have one now and left another fitted in the house we sold the other year.

For me they are a waste for two people in a house but useful after a sunday lunch with four or more at home. Unless there is a whole machine full from one meal I'm quicker and make a better job doing it by hand.

BTW re knives... domestic sharp is not the same as chef sharp.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Sat 28 Dec 13 at 15:17
About a year ago I was helping to clear stuff out of the attic at my grandparent's house and came across an old electric handwhick made by Peugeot. I was quite surprised, I thought they only made cars and scooters. Anyway I couldn't get it to work so it went to the recycling centre.

Maybe the french should concentrate more on domestic appliances. Renault could make dishwashers, for example.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - sooty123
>> Maybe the french should concentrate more on domestic appliances. Renault could make dishwashers, for example.
>>

They could, not sure if I'd fancy one though
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Armel Coussine
>> came across an old electric handwhick made by Peugeot.

WTF is a handwhick MJW? Peugeot were originally pushbike makers.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - mikeyb
>> >> came across an old electric handwhick made by Peugeot.
>>
>> WTF is a handwhick MJW? Peugeot were originally pushbike makers.
>>

Salt and pepper mills to

www.peugeot-saveurs.com/en-en/

Wasn't sure if this was the same bunch, but they use the Lion logo and in the history section of their site there is reference to cars
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Bill Payer
Our fully integrated Hotpoint dishwasher was made by Bosch - at the time (12 years ish ago) Hotpoint were proudly advertising the fact in their brochures. It has a Bosch p/n engraved on the door edge. I did read in a domestic appliance forum that Hotpoint have never made their own dishwashers.
>>Our fully integrated Hotpoint dishwasher was made by Bosch - at the time (12 years ish ago)

That was around the time that Merloni/Indesit bought a large share of Hotpoint from GE. Certainly up to that point Hotpoint DWs were Bosch.

I doubt very much if they still are, because Indesit make DWs themselves so I expect they stick their badges on.

A while back (maybe 15 years) a pal of mine asked me to recommend a cheap dishwasher. I told him I wouldn't buy a cheap dishwasher, but if he wanted one then to buy an Indesit. This was shortly after I had bought an Indesit washer on the advice of a buyer who had been very impressed on factory visits in Italy, with new highly automated factories that compared very favourably with the old tech approach of Hotpoint.

My Indesit washer broke down just outside the guarantee and annually thereafter (the third time I binned it) My pal's dishwasher followed suit.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - sherlock47
>>>with new highly automated factories that compared very favourably with the old tech approach of Hotpoint.

My Indesit washer broke down just outside the guarantee and annually thereafter (the third time I binned it) My pal's dishwasher followed suit. <<<

Obviously they got the certification with quality stadards (ISO9001) spot on.
 Bosch dishwashers - any good? - Duncan
Just had a quick look at the Which? website.

Bosch take the top four spots in the dishwasher Best Buy list.

The top two are:-

1. Bosch SMS40C12Gb £318.
2. Bosch SMS40A08GB £299.
Latest Forum Posts