Non-motoring > Bank of England reports sharp drop in debt concern Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 5

Bank of England reports sharp drop in debt concern - smokie
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25456928

Two ways of reading this.

Either people are feeling wealthier and genuinely less concerned about their debt.

Or that people simply care less about being in debt than they did, because they are becoming immune to the tales of financial woes.

I prefer the latter.

I know both my kids (both buying property single handed) have some concerns but no more than I did at there age and status in life. Their concerns are probably more around when will the bank of M&D stop supporting them! (Mainly for "emergency" household expenditures - recently a new fence for one, washing machine for the other)
 Bank of England reports sharp drop in debt concern - Manatee
I agree on the acquired immunity.

What a non-story - from 46% being worried about debt to 39%. An inability to use numbers in any but the most uncritical way must be an essential qualification for journalism.

Even if numbers like that were reliable, it's just human nature. You can worry about the roof falling in, but if it doesn't then after a while you'll find something else to occupy your mind even if the state of the roof is no better.

Bank of England reports sharp drop in debt concern - CGNorwich
"You can worry about the roof falling in, but if it doesn't then after a while you'll find something else to occupy your mind"

Yep, a nice trip to the theatre should do it. :-)
 Bank of England reports sharp drop in debt concern - Cliff Pope
I'm more worried about the Bank of England's debt than I am my own.
Mine's under control.
 Bank of England reports sharp drop in debt concern - madf
What is this "debt" thing? :-)
 Bank of England reports sharp drop in debt concern - Old Navy
>> What is this "debt" thing? :-)
>>

It must be something other people have, their concern will soon return when interest rates go up. :-)
Latest Forum Posts