Non-motoring > ASMR and electricity Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 2

ASMR and electricity - Crankcase
I urge you, if you have a life, or have little patience, to skip this thread. The other one of you, perhaps who hasn't trawled through my maunderings before, if you exist, read on.

Sometimes I pop up a thread because I think at least some will be interested. This though is one that I'm guessing almost nobody will be interested in - but just in case. I like to do my bit.

Bear with me here.

To cut a long story short, this weekend I discovered online something called ASMR. It appears to be something to do with "enhancing the tingles we all feel in our scalp sometimes, for the purposes of relaxation".

Well this is doomed for me for a start, as I have never experienced tingles in my scalp in any scenario, and in fact had no idea that anyone did. But Youtube is stuffed with ASMR videos, largely of vaguely comely women whispering about combing my hair, which to me borders on the peculiar, never mind relaxing.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, having read the wikipedia ASMR entry I thought there must be more to it than that, and stumbled over soothtube, which is a collection of "relaxing" videos. And I found this

www.soothetube.com/2013/12/09/electricity-50s-60s/

It's an engineer reminiscing about his time working for power plants in the 50s, and the kind of thing he had to do on a daily basis. I think he could be a forum member sitting in the corner of the pub.

I just thought someone might be interested. I found it fascinating, but I like historical snapshots in any event.

The site has many other niche videos of course. There's one abut tiny Japanese toy food items, for example. Relax....

ASMR and electricity - Dog
Have you ever considered undergoing therapy, Crankcase.

:o}
 ASMR and electricity - Fenlander
What a really really weird site. One video is of how to wash a mug... 6min 20 long for one mug and the person's wearing latex gloves!

Another is this.. www.soothetube.com/2012/10/23/relaxing-laptop-upgrade/

The girl's voice isn't relaxing, neither is the topic... I do wonder where the site's regulars are finding the "relaxation" in that??
Last edited by: Fenlander on Mon 16 Dec 13 at 09:27
Latest Forum Posts