Thread Author: FocalPoint Replies: 18

Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - FocalPoint
tinyurl.com/ovvgobb

Eight Oscar nominations without a win.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Robin O'Reliant
I thought he'd pegged it years ago.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Dog
>>I thought he'd pegged it years ago.

Precisely what my ole woman said when I told her arf hour ago.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Zero
And me
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Bromptonaut
You know what?

I thought he died years ago..........
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - R.P.
Same comments here --- he was a crap actor.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - CGNorwich
The fact that you thought he died years ago speaks more of your ignorance rather than anything about Peter O'Toole. He was a good actor, possibly not great but he had huge screen presence and starred in one of the great films of all time. He will be missed.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - No FM2R
I thought he was killed on a motorbike in Dorset in the 30s.

I don't know whether or not he was a great actor, but I very much enjoyed those of his films that I saw.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Runfer D'Hills
You know when you hear of someone over 80 popping off, well, I anyway, tend to think they at least had a good kick of the ball.

Then I deduct my age from theirs and remember that I'd best not deliberately waste any more time...Stuff still to do and all that.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Skip
>> Then I deduct my age from theirs and remember that I'd best not deliberately waste
>> any more time...Stuff still to do and all that.
>>

I did a similar thing the other day. The males on both sides of my family tend to die young. My dad was 63, his brother was 40 & their father was 69. My mum's father died in his 50's and her brother died at 68, so I have always thought that if I get to 70-75 I will be doing well. I am now 51 and started thinking how quickly the last 20 years have gone by......................
Last edited by: Skip on Sun 15 Dec 13 at 21:45
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Bromptonaut
>> The fact that you thought he died years ago speaks more of your ignorance rather
>> than anything about Peter O'Toole. He was a good actor, possibly not great but he
>> had huge screen presence and starred in one of the great films of all time.
>> He will be missed.

Whatever the merits of his acting 'thought he died years ago' is a common response to the demise of a public figure who's dropped out of the news.

We said same thing when Rhodes Boyson tumbled off his perch.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - CGNorwich

>>
>> Whatever the merits of his acting 'thought he died years ago' is a common response
>> to the demise of a public figure who's dropped out of the news.
>>

Indeed it is but it doesn' t tell us anything about that person, just our own lack of knowledge. If that is the sole thing that can be said it hardly seems worth saying.
>>
>> >>
>> >> Whatever the merits of his acting 'thought he died years ago' is a common
>> response
>> >> to the demise of a public figure who's dropped out of the news.
>> >>
>>
>> Indeed it is but it doesn' t tell us anything about that person,

Well I have to say, I now hold the man in deeper respect, anyone who can drink Burton, Harris and Reed under the table and live to a ripe old age is worthy of note.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> He will be missed.
>>

As he hasn't acted for years and most people thought he was dead anyway, how will he be missed?
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - No FM2R
I dunno, I'll think about him from time to time and regret that a pretty memorable personality died. I hope he will be succeeded.

But, as for dead, well....

2014 Mary
2014 Katherine of Alexandria
2013 The Whole World at Our Feet
2012 Cristiada

Perhaps not the finest movies ever, or perhaps they are, but he was still thereabouts.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 15 Dec 13 at 21:55
>> The fact that you thought he died years ago speaks more of your ignorance rather
>> than anything about Peter O'Toole.

No it doesn't, It speaks more about he fact he wasn't held in that great regard, and has done nothing of note in recent years to remind anyone of his presence.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 15 Dec 13 at 21:54
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - R.P.
He was much the same in everything I watched. I have to admit I love Lawrence of Arabia....he was good in that.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Armel Coussine
>> He was much the same in everything I watched.

That's what they call 'star quality'. Makes acting unnecessary.
 Peter O'Toole R.I.P. - Roger.
Like John Wayne and er - that bloke from Hacked Off; plays a bumbling twit; looked at Julia Robert's boobs in Notting Hill - wot's 'is name. You know.
Latest Forum Posts