Non-motoring > New Year etc. Honours Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 11

New Year etc. Honours - Ambo
Does anyone know how to go about nominating someone for honours, please? I would like to nominate our stationmaster.
 New Year etc. Honours - Bromptonaut
Basic details and links are here:

www.gov.uk/honours

New Year etc. Honours - Ambo
Excellent, just right.
You'll have missed the boat for the next New Year's list but probably in time for Queen's Birthday in 2014.
 New Year etc. Honours - Haywain
" I would like to nominate our stationmaster"

Wahdayamean, ambo, can't you think of a dishonest politician, a lousy lord, a foul-mouthed sportsman, a failed banker etc? You'll have to do better than a stationmaster!!!
 New Year etc. Honours - Armel Coussine
>> a lousy lord,

Not much point in lording a lord Haywain. But you forgot to mention famous necrophiles and child molesters.

New Year etc. Honours - Haywain
"lording a lord"

I dunno, AC, it might happen - in Germany you can be a Dr Dr, so why not a lord lord? ;-)

I suppose, in Prescott, we've got a lardy lord!
 New Year etc. Honours - legacylad
Or Major Major Major.
A fictional character in one of my favourite books
 New Year etc. Honours - Cliff Pope
As someone who hasn't the remotest chance of being nominated for any award, I'd just like to say that I would turn it down, as a protest about something or other.

On the other hand ...
>> Major Major

We have a very senior judge whose name is Judge... Judge Judge, if he didn't have to be called Lord Judge.

I'm surprised no one has started banging on about how old-fashioned and embarrassing honours are in a country with a monarchy though. Perhaps the rabid modernisers are all out fox hunting.

>> We have a very senior judge whose name is Judge... Judge Judge, if he didn't
>> have to be called Lord Judge.

Strictly speaking AC we had a very senior judge called Judge. Igor Judge retired as the Lord Chief at the end of September. His successor is Lord Thomas who's given name is John!!
Ah... I hadn't noticed. I suppose Lord John Thomas is almost as good though.

I look forward to some sprauncy accused making jokes about it, and earning themselves an extra year in the calaboose.
Latest Forum Posts