Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 14

smoking in the work place - zookeeper
my question for the panel is.....
Can a postman smoke in the open whilst doing his job or milkman for that matter
i dont mean sauntering up someones front garden path with a huge cuban alight
but say between houses?
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 29 Oct 13 at 01:33
 smoking in the work place - No FM2R
Legally perhaps not, who knows, but I do hope nobody would ever be small minded enough to care or, worse still, do anything about it at all.
 smoking in the work place - rtj70
I could say good question - but why does it matter?

My car is a no smoking zone legally. I don't and won't ever smoke - my father died when I was 9 from his smoking (asthma played a part). He was 43.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 28 Oct 13 at 23:33
 smoking in the work place - Harleyman
I'd suggest that the rules would vary from company to company. Mine prohibits smoking on farms when we're unloading, and I'm willing to bet that somewhere in Royal Mail's rulebook they have similar. A lot of it is down to perception of the company's image.
 smoking in the work place - Dutchie
I am a no smoker but what petty rules would stop anybody from smoking in a safe area.?Take the Royal out of mail it's a private company now,unless they own most of the shares.
 smoking in the work place - Alanovich
Couldn't care less if my postie wants to smoke. But I do wish he'd stop his far more anti-social habit of dropping rubber bands all over my drive and the path/road in front of my house (we're on a corner, he parks up and unbundles all the mail and walks up the Close, dropping all the rubber bands by his van) and not picking them up. Litter lout. Grrrr.
 smoking in the work place - Old Navy
>> Couldn't care less if my postie wants to smoke. But I do wish he'd stop
>> his far more anti-social habit of dropping rubber bands all over my drive and the
>> path/road in front of my house (we're on a corner, he parks up and unbundles
>> all the mail and walks up the Close, dropping all the rubber bands by his
>> van) and not picking them up. Litter lout. Grrrr.
>>

Look on the bright side, his fag ends are biodegradable and you have a free supply of rubber bands. :-)
 smoking in the work place - Zero
Post office rubber bands are crap. They only last about two weeks before they break up and snap.
 smoking in the work place - henry k
>> Look on the bright side, his fag ends are biodegradable and you have a free supply of rubber bands. :-)
>>
Unfortunately the filter tips off fags seem to be non biodegradable.
The leaves from my front garden are composted and I then find the smokers butts still intact. :-(
 smoking in the work place - Clk Sec
>>I then find the smokers butts still intact.

I didn't think smoking affected that part of the anatomy.

smoking in the work place - VxFan
>> Couldn't care less if my postie wants to smoke. But I do wish he'd stop his far more anti-social habit of dropping rubber bands all over my drive

Put them in an envelope and return to sender, minus a stamp.
 smoking in the work place - Mike Hannon
One of the first rules of journalism I was taught was 'if you need a rubber band, follow a postman'.
Nobody ever told me what I might need a rubber band for.

Another was 'bribe the lady with the tea trolley if you want someone to earwig a private meeting for you'.
Happy days.
 smoking in the work place - Zero
One of the salesman I shadowed at work, always took receptionists out for a drink and bought them christmas prezzies. Everyone that came into the building they knew about, inc rival companies.
 smoking in the work place - Alanovich

>> Put them in an envelope and return to sender, minus a stamp.
>>

I was thinking about stuffing them in an envelope and leaving it on the porch for him on Christmas Eve. Would look like a nice wad of fivers.

But then I don't really want to annoy the bloke who delivers new debit/credit cards.
 smoking in the work place - VxFan
>> I was thinking about stuffing them in an envelope and leaving it on the porch
>> for him on Christmas Eve.
>> But then I don't really want to annoy the bloke who delivers new debit/credit cards.

Then leave it on someone else's doorstep for him.
Latest Forum Posts