Non-motoring > Switching Electric Supplier Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 7

Switching Electric Supplier - Robin O'Reliant
Following SSE's electricity price rise I've been on a few comparison sites and I can get a one year fixed price deal from Eon saving me around £160. No cancellation fees so if I go elsewhere later it shouldn't be a problem.

I've never switched before, anything to watch out for?
 Switching Electric Supplier - Zero
>> Following SSE's electricity price rise I've been on a few comparison sites and I can
>> get a one year fixed price deal from Eon saving me around £160. No cancellation
>> fees so if I go elsewhere later it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>> I've never switched before, anything to watch out for?

Done it tiwce in the last 5 years, and the answer is No, nothing to worry about. I think I might be going for a fixed, three year deal. Leaving EOn and going back to EDF
 Switching Electric Supplier - Robin O'Reliant
Cheers Z, just switched to EOn. They came up cheapest on various comparison sites, the saving was actually £198.
 Switching Electric Supplier - Zero
dpnt forget price varies by postcode. What cheap for me might be dear for you.
 Switching Electric Supplier - Haywain
The only problem that I had once when switching from NPower to EDF was the fact that NPower accounts weren't aware that the meter had been changed 3 months before the switch. It took a bit of sorting out between me and the complaints department but - and here's the tip - I had a complete record of dates and readings at the change date. I always read the meters on a monthly basis anyway so if it ever comes to a dispute, I have all the facts at my fingertips.
 Switching Electric Supplier - Ambo
I have usually found Eon cheapest or near second for dual fuel in postcode BH14
 Switching Electric Supplier - mikeyb
Worth checking out www.quidco.com. For example current offering is up to £70 for switching to npower or £24 if using uswitch - not advocating either but worth a peek to see if you might get a little something extra back

I've had a few quid cashback switching before
 Switching Electric Supplier - -
Coincidentally notification of increase in gas and electric turned up today from Ebico.

Don't know how this compares with others but from Nov 15th its as follows, capped till autumn 2014

No standing charges which is normal.

Economy 7 Day per kWh 22.12 incl vat Night per kWh 7.91incl vat

Gas per kWh 5.57 inc vat.

these prices apply no matter how you pay no tie in no fees
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Mon 14 Oct 13 at 18:57
Latest Forum Posts