Non-motoring > Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 12

Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Lygonos
unlooker.com/man-gets-ticket-riding-bike-lane-films-crashing-things-bike-lanes/

I didn't put it straight into cycling corner as many of those who may appreciate it probably don't look in there ;-)
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - TheManWithNoName
Aah, the Land Of The Free.
It's not just the UK where anything with wheels is an easy target for Police/Money grabbing local authorities.
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Clk Sec
Clicking on that link brings up 'Warning: Suspicous Site'. At my end, anyway.
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Focusless
Just the vid on youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - henry k
With that number of hits - $50 was a good investment :- )
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Westpig
What a first class tit.
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Runfer D'Hills
Oh come now WP, that's no way to speak about a fellow police officer...

;-)
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Armel Coussine
>> What a first class tit.

Why Wp? He'd been harassed (apparently in error) by the traffic police and wanted to make the point about people parking and leaving stuff in the cycle lane by crashing into things in spectacular fashion. I thought he did it rather well, and was amused.

That bike of his must be quite strong.
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Lygonos
In fairness to WP he was fairly rude to the cop, but I presume a bit of extra latitude is given by US cops regarding free speech.

Especially when they are obese slobs and sit in their squad car writing a ticket.
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - MD
If it is a BIKE lane, then it is a BIKE lane. Not for frozen food delivery drivers to stop there and well, deliver frozen food. Of course in the real world we know that none of this works, but the powers (sic) that be, think that they can dream up yet anuvver (sic) scheme and Knowun will fink nuffin ofvit.
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Pat
Incidentally MD, how do you suggest the frozen food van delivers your fish fingers?

Park on the main carriageway and throw them across the pavement one by one?

Pat
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Manatee
>> Incidentally MD, how do you suggest the frozen food van delivers your fish fingers?
>>
>> Park on the main carriageway and throw them across the pavement one by one?
>>
>> Pat
>
That to me is the point. Marking out a 'cycle lane' like that is a rubbish idea almost everywhere, for several reasons. It's unworkable, it's never swept so its full of tiny bits of glass, there's conflict at every junction, drivers think they can then ignore bikes, etc.
 Ticket for NOT being in the bike lane - Zero

>> That to me is the point. Marking out a 'cycle lane' like that is a
>> rubbish idea almost everywhere, for several reasons.

Tis true, you either make a cycle lane physically inviolate, or you don't bother. The half hearted way we do it incurs the wrath of cyclists and motorists alike.
Latest Forum Posts