Non-motoring > Canine treatments Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 3

Canine treatments - legacylad
Speaking to my old Mum she tells her dog has not been treated for either worms or fleas for several months.
Any recommendations please...there seems to be a huge choice online, but they must be of the pipette variety as tablets are out!
Her dog did have lungworm 15 months ago. He nearly died after developing a nasty habit of chewing garden snails. yuk.
 Canine treatments - Robbie34
You can buy Drontal tablets, for worms, online, and much cheaper than from the vet. Why can't she give tablets with a bit of cheese? I'm not sure if they have Drontal in liquid form. They also come in beef flavour, but I always give Henry his tablets in a bit of cheese or chicken.

A flea collar is probably better to kill ticks and fleas. She could use Frontline, but it's not cheap.
 Canine treatments - Haywain
In the spring, we were horrified to discover that the supposed mozzie bites affecting my wife and daughter were in fact caused by fleas; we realised our error when my wife actually found one of the wretched insects. We hadn't flea-treated the dog for many years simply because we hadn't spotted any sign of a flea on her, and she hadn't been scratching - mistake.

I spoke with an old friend, a vet who used to work with the company that I worked for, and he advised treating the dog with 'Advantage' and the house with 'Indorex' (continuing with 'Acclaim'); "The house'll be jumping if they're biting people", he said.

The products were bought via the internet and, following very thorough vacuum cleaning, treatments were carried out exactly as per the instructions. I am delighted to report that the infestation was very swiftly eradicated.

Canine treatments - Dog
I get Milo's stuff from www.petmeds.co.uk/
Latest Forum Posts