Non-motoring > Mobile 'phone networks Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 9

Mobile 'phone networks - MD
I have been with Orange for nearly fifteen years and although I am pleased (as much as one can be) with their overall service renewal time is here again and the usual Lady in retentions (brilliant) has moved sideways and talking to the girlies on the switchboard methinks that a deal is going to be difficult to achieve. Orange customer service is second to none and that is important for me. It is a business contract with two handsets.

I need about a thousand shared minutes, same (ish) texts and 2 GB.

When I have tried the high street I feel I am faced with kids, who in the main (not all) really don't know their onions and it frustrates me................especially the Bird at 02 with the blonde hair and the big Kn............ Oh! sorry I digress.

Seriously what is the experiences of the panel of other networks and their customer service please.

Yours.........MD
 Mobile 'phone networks - Meldrew
I have always been with Voda, never had reason to consider changing BUT coverage is poor/patchy. I frequently have no signal, in my house 1 mile off the A1 Near Stamford. However, I am getting 1800 minutes a month to landlines and mobiles, unlimited texts and 500mb of web for £12.50 a month so I have little incentive to move! Most people near me say Orange has superior coverage.
 Mobile 'phone networks - Zero

>> Most people near me say Orange has superior coverage.

Only in your house 1 mile off the A1.
 Mobile 'phone networks - Bromptonaut
Orange remains patchy on parts of the West Coast Main line including Willesden to Wembley and, perhaps with better cause, Berkhamsted almost to Cheddington.
 Mobile 'phone networks - Dog
I've just bought a neat-little Nokian 206 (petrol) it's not a 'smart' phone, but I don't need one as I'm smart enough, see.

The missus picked it up for me in town from the phoney car werewolf and, although I've been with Orange since the last century, I specifically wanted to go Teutonic this time with T mobile.

T mobile = Orange = EE (titter ye not!)
 Mobile 'phone networks - Robbie34
I'm with Virgin Media. I have the sim free product, £15 per month with unlimited calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data. I use my 'phone as a modem for my laptop when I'm away, and it's more than adequate. Indeed, I'm going into hospital next week and I'll be taking my laptop with me together with my 'phone so that I can spend some time online whilst I'm languishing in bed.
Last edited by: Robbie34 on Tue 8 Oct 13 at 09:36
 Mobile 'phone networks - -
I've stuck with Orange for years too, mainly because as you do MD when renewal time comes i speak to the excellent Orange sales/retentions who never fail to increase my minutes and cut my bill...free broadband too which appears to be unlimited.

The coverage question doesn't bother me, because i have set areas i know where the weak spots are, which since EE has been in existence have nearly all disappeared.

Phone shops waste of time, only interested in sales as are the various telesales wide boys who initially make it sound like they are from Orange itself when they call you...but when i enquire about the almost unlimited extra minutes on my account they haven't a clue what i'm talking about.

I'd stick with what you know and trust, weekdays during the day i usually get one of the excellent Geordies who invariably sort me out a good renewal, if for some reason i manage to get Kevin or one his mates in India or someone plainly script reading i end the call and retry later.

SWM tried 3 for a while, phone service and pricing OK, customer service about the same as NTL.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Tue 8 Oct 13 at 09:37
 Mobile 'phone networks - Fursty Ferret
I've been with T-Mobile for years but will be leaving them now they've effectively doubled their roaming charges. Apparently they can do this mid-way through the contract with no get-out-clause for me, which serves to boil my pee a bit.
 Mobile 'phone networks - spamcan61
>> I've been with T-Mobile for years but will be leaving them now they've effectively doubled
>> their roaming charges. Apparently they can do this mid-way through the contract with no get-out-clause
>> for me, which serves to boil my pee a bit.
>>
Seems common at the moment, Vodafone have been offering 'special' international roaming rates which would cost me far more than the ones I was using 3 years ago.
 Mobile 'phone networks - Fursty Ferret
They've also stopped answering the phone when you call Customer Services (which aren't the nice people in Glasgow you used to get through to) and buried it in an penetrable phone menu.
Latest Forum Posts