Non-motoring > Recommend I Pad Type Player Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 5

Recommend I Pad Type Player - Robbie34
I'm going into hospital next week for a total knee replacement and want/need some form of player and headphones.

I had my left knee done last year and the experience on the operating table was awful. I lay there for just over two and a half hours whilst the operation was done. I had a deep spinal tap so was paralysed from the waist down. The noises and smells were sickening, so I need something to listen to for the experience to be a tad more bearable.

I don't want to spend a fortune, but need something on which I can download some music or radio programmes such as Monty Python to while away the time. Any recommendations for such a player and headphones. Also, where could I download some radio programmes.
 Recommend I Pad Type Player - No FM2R
What phone do you have? Because that might be the way to go.
>> What phone do you have? Because that might be the way to go.

I have a Nexus 4.
 Recommend I Pad Type Player - No FM2R
That's an Android, use that.

You can get an awful lot of radio content using Podcasts - specifically I use "Car Cast" which works for me, but there's others. Basically you install it and then search for subjects/shows you like, and it replicates them onto the phone for listening whenever.

You could also copy any CDs on to it by ripping them to a computer and then syncing them across. Or, indeed, any downloaded music.

Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 7 Oct 13 at 14:13
 Recommend I Pad Type Player - Fursty Ferret
Ask for a general anaesthetic?
>> Ask for a general anaesthetic?

Wish I could. Apparently, they won't give a GA for these ops.
Latest Forum Posts