Non-motoring > (another) smartphone choice Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 3

(another) smartphone choice - Focusless
Mrs F is going to be upgrading from her old HTC Desire soon, and for various reasons her choice is restricted to Orange on the Panther (£20.50) plan:
shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/phones/phoneList.jsp?planProduct=prod2630151

She initially liked the look of the Samsung S3 Mini, which is 'free', but there's also the HTC One Mini for an upfront cost of £50. The Samsung looks fine, but based on the various reviews I've seen the HTC seems to be a lot better and good value at that price, despite drawbacks such as the 16GB (fixed) storage. It's often compared (favourably) with the S4 Mini.

In particular, Mrs F likes her music, especially watching stuff on Youtube. The HTC's screen is 1280x720 compared to the Samsung's 800x480, and its front-mounted stereo speakers are supposed to be pretty good.

Am I missing anything?

Samsung: www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-1108587/review
HTC: www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-one-mini-1166635/review
 (another) smartphone choice - Zero
>> Am I missing anything?

only 50 quid.

Those HTC's do sound good (for a phone, remember its still only a phone) The lads GF has one.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 2 Oct 13 at 20:46
 (another) smartphone choice - ....
I like the HTC phones in a metal chassis. I had a Wildfire S and changed that for a One V, my wife uses the Wildfire S. I'm currently thinking about an upgrade. those One mini's are usually £370-ish, the One is nearer £500.
I link my phone to the car through an MKi9200 Parrot kit. It work's well streaming music and handling calls, the odd app can throw a spanner in the works but generally it works as it should.
I have never owned a Samsung. Talking to the folks at work who have S2 and S4 versions, they like them and Samsung offer good support with OS upgrades from version to version. The only downside of a Samsung for me is it's plastic. I don't like plastic phones.
 (another) smartphone choice - Focusless
Thanks chaps. In fact Mobilephonesdirect are doing the Orange deal with no upfront cost (was £50) plus £48 cashback, so I think she's going for that today.
Latest Forum Posts