Non-motoring > Euro to Sterling conversion Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 8

Euro to Sterling conversion - bathtub tom
Having investigation the reason for the delay to your flight, I can confirm that compensation is due as requested. This consists of €250.00 (£200.00) monetary compensation per passenger

Are they being stingy, do you think I should request closer to £210, or even just accept it?
 Euro to Sterling conversion - Bromptonaut
Looks like about £208 at a round E1.2 to pound.

I'd take it before the pound appreciates any more.
 Euro to Sterling conversion - tyro
Yes, they are being stingy.

If you want to rebuke them, fire off a letter - but if it were me, I'd just accept it.
 Euro to Sterling conversion - Manatee
You could just say "I'll take the €250, then".
>> You could just say "I'll take the €250, then".

I thought of that and because they'll credit it back onto the card I paid with I asked my bank what the exchange rate would be - £203.
I queried their exchange rate:

The exchange is one adopted by us however, using the exchange system I will on this occasion offer £209.99 per person in full and final settlement.

;>)
 Euro to Sterling conversion - Ambo
>>>The exchange is one adopted by us however, using the exchange system I will on this occasion offer £209.99 per person in full and final settlement.

How would the money be received and what commission with be charged? I get regular Euro transfers and my bank says it charges no commission. By comparing the rate they use with that quoted on an online service, there us generally a difference of some 2.50%.

This only gives a rough fix as my bank gives the time of exchange to the minute, whereas other sources are not usually that up to the mark.

The current rate on my desktop gadget is 83.4p.
 Euro to Sterling conversion - Meldrew
If I went to an ATM in France right now, and drew out €250, my bank would charge me £208.96.
 Euro to Sterling conversion - Ambo
So my desktop gadget is pretty well spot-on
Latest Forum Posts