Non-motoring > Virgin Mobile / Media CEO Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fenlander Replies: 18

Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - Fenlander
Can anyone who is good at finding such things tell me the name and address of the Virgin Media CEO so I can raise a mobile complaint with him/her.

Virgin make much of how special they are as a company and spend a lot on their image but it seems when it comes down to it their complaints and customer services systems are scripted, unhelpful and close to deceitful.
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - commerdriver
Don't forget many of Virgin's customer relationship systems are based on NTL people & principles which didn't have the greatest reputation
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - movilogo
Even if you write, very unlikely that it will be actually read/responded by CEO.
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - BobbyG
I don't know if you are on Twitter Fenlander but I have found this to be a good medium for getting action from corporates.

There is a user for Virginmedia and of course there is always Richard Branson himself (if he is still involved?) - you won't get an answer from him but you will feel you have got something off your chest!!
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - VxFan
A quick google found this

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?343335-Virgin-mobile-rogue-customer-advisor

graeme.oxby@virginmobile. com is the CEOs email address.

Also backed up by this found on google too - ceoemail.com/s.php?id=9633

Or if you really want to go after the big cheese then there's always:- ceoemail.com/s.php?id=10145
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - Zero
Branson has little to do with Virgin Media, it was bought by Liberty Global, a large US company.
No not on twitter but daughter who owns the phone in question and other daughter both are. Should they tweet a grumble on their accounts to see if it's picked up or put a tweet on a Virgin twitter account?

Basic situation is that phone is on contract / under warranty and has operational issues. Sent back and they agree it needs repair but say we have to pay £100 as there is damage to front of phone. We know it isn't damaged in this way, refuse to pay so they send it back. Indeed it isn't visibly damaged. Phone again and they change their line to the fact the camera lens is badly scratched.

This is unrelated to the issues it went in for and they can't even get that right as the camera is fine but it's the flash that has bad scratches which obviously doesn't affect anything.

Total of 1hr 20 mins on the phone to them over 3 calls and all they try and do is sell you a new phone/contract apparently at a special price but little different to that a new customner can get.

When asked how much to buy out the contract to finish it today they want £90 more than the total of the remaining payments!

Hopeless.

Edit: Thanks for those links VX, will check them out.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Mon 30 Sep 13 at 13:31
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - Manatee
I imagine they swap the phone out rather than repair, so the other damage becomes an issue at that point as yours takes more fettling to become "refurbished". Makes a nonsense of the warranty though, as the swap out is their choice not yours.

The extra £90 is clearly nonsense.

I think you're spot on with the fact it is easier for them to send a new phone but if it's their choice then any perceived improvement in condition is something theuy should absorb.

Daughter would be happy to have her phone back in its reasonable 18mth old condition working properly, she doesn't seek a new one.

Looking more on the net it seems this £100 contribution is a target Virgin set themselves and is totally unrelated to the extent of the wear and tear.

They are hard to talk to as even their managers go through a script led conversation in circles, one that never truly offers the customer an acceptable resolution.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Mon 30 Sep 13 at 14:42
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - Zero
Virgin Media

Tom Mockridge Chief Executive

Email tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk
Telephone 01256 754554
Website www.virginmedia.co.uk
Twitter @virginmedia

Address Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - Bromptonaut
Is that same Tom Mockridge aswas previously CEO of News International.
Seems it is.

I think the person themselves isn't the important bit in our case... it's the hope there is a system in place that will look at or fastrack a complaint raised to this level.

We'll give him a whiz by email.
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - No FM2R
>>We'll give him a whiz by email

I'd recommend phone;

-Switchboard dumps it on CEO PA.

- CEO PA protects her boss, dumps it on Senior Manager with threat/comment that this was phone call to CEO.

Issue usually sorted.

E-Mails get filed.
Would you ask for the CEO or their PA?
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - No FM2R
I would ask for the CEO, expect to get refused, and offered the PA.

If I asked for the PA, the switchboard might take a message.
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - Manatee
>> They are hard to talk to as even their managers go through a script led
>> conversation in circles, one that never truly offers the customer an acceptable resolution.

My experience too, with broadband. My elderly aunt terminated her broadband connection and they continued to charge her. I took up the matter on her behalf.

They argued that she had terminated the broadband connection not the contract. Unbelievable. This continued when escalated.
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - mikeyb
No idea how up to date this site is kept, but may be useful to some

www.ceoemail.com/
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - VxFan
>> No idea how up to date this site is kept, but may be useful to
>> some >> www.ceoemail.com/

My earlier post included that link ;)
 Virgin Mobile / Media CEO - mikeyb

>> My earlier post included that link ;)
>>

slaps ones wrists :-)
Latest Forum Posts