Non-motoring > iPhone video rotator? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 11

iPhone video rotator? - Focusless
I've managed to shoot some upside down video on my iPhone (it's 2 or 3 mins long). I can see various utilities for rotating it, both iPhone apps and PC based, but can someone suggest the best method? I'll pay up to £1 for an app if necessary.
Last edited by: Focusless on Mon 30 Sep 13 at 09:03
 iPhone video rotator? - Zero
Best method entirely depends on what you want to do with the video clip. IE who is the audience and what is the delivery method.

Personally I would import it into windows movie maker where you can rotate the clip. (but only save it as a WMV or AVI.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 30 Sep 13 at 09:25
Ideally I'd like to rotate the original, or a copy of it ie. a .mov on the phone. But ultimately it's probably going to be viewed most via youtube, so I'll give movie maker a go; thanks.
Last edited by: Focusless on Mon 30 Sep 13 at 09:29
 iPhone video rotator? - VxFan
>> Ideally I'd like to rotate the original, or a copy of it ie. a .mov on the phone.

Can't you convert it back to a .mov afterwards? Must be some software/freeware out there that can do it.
Probably, but thinking about it I don't really need it in .mov form.

I did a bit more searching and found this, which just takes a .mov and rotates it into an mp4:
movierotator.com/

(I only chose it over movie maker because I thought it might keep it in .mov format, which it doesn't, but it does seem very simple.)
>> I did a bit more searching and found this, which just takes a .mov and
>> rotates it into an mp4:
>> movierotator.com/

Size of first file went down from 215MB (.mov) to 119MB (.mp4) - don't know if much/any detail has been lost, not immediately obvious if it has, but at least it will be quicker to upload to youtube.
 iPhone video rotator? - Mapmaker
>>Ideally I'd like to rotate the original, or a copy of it ie. a .mov on the phone.

Turn it upside down then, surely?
>> Turn it upside down then, surely?

The phone's gyroscope (or whatever it's called) will also mimic that action and the video will still be upsidedown.
 iPhone video rotator? - Mapmaker
You can turn that feature off. Takes one second to turn it off. Or hours on the internet to find the software...
 iPhone video rotator? - No FM2R
Oɥ' I sǝǝ ʍɥɐʇ ʎon ɯǝɐu˙
>> You can turn that feature off. Takes one second to turn it off.

I can remember when you couldn't even turn your iPhone off, let alone know any of its other features ;o)

I hate to say it, but Zero was right is suggesting you got an iPhone. See how quick you've learnt how to use it.
>> >>Ideally I'd like to rotate the original, or a copy of it ie. a .mov
>> on the phone.
>>
>> Turn it upside down then, surely?

Doh! :)

It was more about having the originals on the iPhone in a form such that they wouldn't need rotating each time they were copied to a less rotatable device eg. a PC. But it doesn't really matter, and I won't be keeping the files on the iPhone anyway.
Latest Forum Posts