Non-motoring > How to stop unwanted texts Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 12

How to stop unwanted texts - Rudedog
I've received the odd PPI and Accident Claim text which I delete (I've never send STOP back in case it prompts more), but I've started getting texts of a more dodgy nature asking me to visit sites showing certain tacky videos.

Is there anyway of blocking them? they must come from a number/site that could be detected and then classed as spam (is there an equivalent for numbers?)

I never give out my mobile number so I suspect that these are just random but they seem to be increasing.
 How to stop unwanted texts - movilogo
Forward them to your network provider. Each has a dedicated number (where you can forward) for such spam texts.

I did that. While it didn't completely stop getting such texts the numbers got down at least.
 How to stop unwanted texts - VxFan
>> Forward them to your network provider. Each has a dedicated number (where you can forward)
>> for such spam texts.

eg

To report a marketing text to Orange, O2, or T-Mobile, simply forward the text to 7726.

For Vodafone users, forward the text to 87726.

For 3 users, forward the text to 37726.

(taken from consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2012/11/spam-texts-and-how-to-stop-them/ )

Loads more advice if you google "stop spam text messages"
 How to stop unwanted texts - Rudedog
Thanks, I'll put that number in my contacts and use it next time.
 How to stop unwanted texts - -
Indeed, thanks for that.

I usually mark them as spam and block them but shall in future let Orange have them first.

The very last person/company on the planet i would buy from or use is one who spams, and others here i know feel similarly, are there really enough mugs about to make this method of selling worthwhile.
 How to stop unwanted texts - bathtub tom
"Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door"(sic).
 How to stop unwanted texts - Robin O'Reliant
>> "Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door"(sic).
>>

That's a bit cheesey, Tom.
 How to stop unwanted texts - Roger.
I will never buy from any sort of canvaser. If I want, or need, something I am quite capable of finding my own source of supply.
 How to stop unwanted texts - Roger.
Canvasser DUH :-(
 How to stop unwanted texts - Zero
>> >> "Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door"(sic).
>> >>
>>
>> That's a bit cheesey, Tom.

Snappy tho.
 How to stop unwanted texts - bathtub tom
>> That's a bit cheesey, Tom.

Please, call me tom!
 How to stop unwanted texts - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> Please, call me tom!
>>

Sorry Bathtub.
 How to stop unwanted texts - Bromptonaut
The biggest purveyor of Spam to by mobile, by a considerable margin, is my service provider. OK, bill reminders etc are reasonable but I'm also getting stuff on Orange Wednesdays, promos for bundle deals etc etc.

Today it was locally targetted stuff, last opportunity for tickets to see MAdness at the County Cricket Ground next week.
Latest Forum Posts