Non-motoring > Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 13

Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Focusless
Great piece on BBC News, including interviews with the 2 men involved.

Forty years ago two British sailors plunged almost 1,600ft into an abyss, 150 miles off Ireland, in a deep-sea submersible. Trapped in a 6ft-diameter steel ball for three days, the men had only 12 minutes of oxygen left when they were finally rescued.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23862359
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Dutchie
What a story,brave men and lucky to be alive.Beats a desk job.
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Dog
>>Beats a desk job

I'm with this^ geezer.
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Alanovich
>> >>Beats a desk job
>>
>> I'm with this^ geezer.
>>

That would depend entirely upon one's appetite for risk. It is well beyond mine. I shall be staying at my desk for now. But kudos to those with the sphericals.
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Cliff Pope
Brave's not the word - I'd have a screaming fit just entering the thing safe on dry land.

I've got an MRI scan due shortly - not looking forward to it. :)
I've had a MRI scan Cliff took over a hr.You be ok just relax and let you'r mind wonder if that is possible.Good health.
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Rudedog
Same here, I've just had mine at the end of July, took just over an hour broken down into individual scans of about 6-7 minutes each, at first it's very strange especially the noise (very loud buzzing of varying frequencies, I was given foam earplugs), but you just have to try and zone out and think of something completely different.
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Cliff Pope
>>
>> but you just have to try and zone out and think of something completely different.
>>

Just drifting peacefully in a warm blue sea, watching the fish swim past the porthole :)
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Rudedog
Well CP that would be nice :), but until you've had a (??an) MRI nothing really prepares you for the resonating noise and snug fit into the doughnut, have you had to answer the extensive pre-scan questionnaire yet?
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Focusless
>> I shall be staying at my desk for now.

And I'm with this ^ geezer :)
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Dog
Yeah, amazing story [I've read it now :)] good to hear they're both still drawing breath.
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - Alanovich
Are all pilots called Roger?
 Pisces III: A dramatic underwater rescue - commerdriver
>> Are all pilots called Roger?
>>
I think some of them have a friend called Out who they talk about at the end of a conversation

I'll get my coat
You don't suppose to say over and out or Roger.Just out.>:)
Latest Forum Posts