Non-motoring > Hand held vacuum cleaner Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 22

Hand held vacuum cleaner - L'escargot
We need a new hand held vacuum cleaner. What do you recommend? If you've got a Vax H90-GA-B Gator, what do you think of it?
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - Fullchat
Although pricey I like our Dyson.
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - Mike Hannon
A few weeks ago I got a mint, boxed and with all original accessories, bill and guarantee Black and Decker for 4 euros. It works a treat.
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - devonite
We (She!) has an ancient "Dirt Devil" with a bag, for the stairs and other various dust hidey-holes, nice size to use and very sucky for it's size!.
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - The Nut
We have a dustbuster pivot 12v, works well and is bagless but like most of these things only runs for about ten minutes on a charge.

Some Dustbuster models are pretty much useless imo, took one back because it did such a terrible job.
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - Cliff Pope
Aren't all vacuum cleaners hand-held, apart from ride-ons of course?
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - Dog
This looks useful:

www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Decker-PV1225NB-Pivot-Dustbuster/dp/B004MPQXU0/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1375528606&sr=8-40&keywords=handheld+vacuum
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - The Nut
>> This looks useful:
>>
>> www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Decker-PV1225NB-Pivot-Dustbuster/dp/B004MPQXU0/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1375528606&sr=8-40&keywords=handheld+vacuum
>>

That's the one we have, works well.
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - Haywain
Mmm..... looks like the ideal Christmas present for my wife.
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - No FM2R
We've had this one for 2 or 3 years. Its really good.

tinyurl.com/lv3dskk
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 3 Aug 13 at 17:19
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - L'escargot
>> We've had this one for 2 or 3 years. Its really good.
>>
>> tinyurl.com/lv3dskk
>>

At £150 it's a bit outside my price bracket. I've just bought a Vax H90-GA-B Gator for £30. www.vax.co.uk/utility-cleaners/handheld-cleaner/gator-handheld
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - No FM2R
Its certainly expensive, but after 3 years of cleaning up spills and stuff its working out as a good deal.
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - -
This is good for getting in the nooks and crannies, the brush on the wide attachment is handy for removing dust from vents etc in the car.
I bought the 1200, lasts between 10 and 15 minutes when fully charged.
www.amazon.co.uk/BLACK-DECKER-PD1200-Dustbuster-Flexi/dp/B002JJ3584
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - MD
How can any cleaner be bagless.............who pushes it then (0:-:0)
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - Ted

We have a little Dirt Devil......red in colour. A friend was hoofing it 'cos the zip on the bag had broken. A few safety pins and the job was good.

Now resides in the caravan so my princess doesn't get out of practice on holiday.

Ted
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - Pat
Objection MD..that remark was sexist:)

Pat
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - MJW1994
We have one of those Black & Decker Dustbuster things in the kitchen. It's good for dry bits and pieces you might spill or for a quick clean-up in the car. It's quite noisy presumably because the motor is fairly small but not anywhere near as noisy as the earache I get if I make a mess in the kitchen and don't use it...
Last edited by: MJW1994 on Fri 16 Aug 13 at 21:14

We have a plain burgundy carpet in the dining room. Shows all the bits and crumbs. The Vax was getting too heavy for the ole girl so we bought a rechargeable GTech sweeper from John Lewis.

Does it's job admirably well with just a deeper clean now and again. The long handle comes off so you can do the stairs. Was on offer at abot 50 notes.

Ted
We've got a plain burgundy carpet in the lounge, up the stairs AND in the 3 bedrooms - absolutely the worst colour (looks nice though) for showing all the bits, dog hairs, crumbs etc. etc. gimme a nice beige carpet any day!
 Hand held vacuum cleaner - R.P.
Oh give me tiles, loads of tiles....

We have a plain pale aqua sort of colour on the stairs........bought and fitted when I was in hospital.

I now live in a world of terror ! Imagine just one mistake with me big dirty work shoes ! Even after a session with the old Cherry Blossom, I daren't go upstairs. No way to live, feared of a 5'2" woman !

Ted
>>No way to live, feared of a 5'2" woman !

My pet dragon is also 5'2" :)

At the other gaff, we had laminate in every vroom apart from the lounge, no stairs either as it was a bung a low.

I'll never forget the bliss of living in a studio apartment in Tenerife for 3 months - on my own!

I used to leave the patio doors open 24/7 (perfect climate) you could use a shovel to shift the dust on the floor (volcanic, see) after one week.

The cleaners used to leave it spotless for me once a week, with the sun blinds & curtains pulled over but, when I came in I would pull back the lot, and open the patio doors for another week.

:}

Hand held vacuum cleaner - VxFan
7.4V Li-Ion Rechargeable Handheld Wet + Dry Vacuum Cleaner

www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-F5D9B2A0-5A3FACC0/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=5294

It's a pity they don't do the lervia one that I bought several years ago from LIDL any more (www.kompernass.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=97 ). A replacement battery was easily sourced, it has one of those 6 volt sealed lead acid type.
Latest Forum Posts