Non-motoring > A ban on "Dwile flonking" Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 10

A ban on "Dwile flonking" - henry k
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/10186718.stm

Elf n safety strikes again!!!!
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - Iffy
A council up my way has just banned some bloke from having an England flag outside his factory unit.

The conclusion I draw from these stories is we have far too many people employed at public expense who have nothing to do.

I would sack half of all council employees who wear a suit, and warn the rest they will go the same way unless they can show they are doing something useful.

I honestly believe local people would barely notice a reduction in services.

Might even improve things as the organisation becomes leaner, meaner and fitter.
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - BiggerBadderDave
Can't be a completely bad thing to ban drinking games in Norfolk. Perhaps then they'd be less inclined to procreate with a sibling or first cousin.
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - Harleyman
Perhaps then they'd
>> be less inclined to procreate with a sibling or first cousin.
>>

That's probably why they've got so many H&S officers in the first place!
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - bathtub tom
I believe dwile flonking was invented by students at Luton college in the '60s.

Can anyone pre date it?
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - henry k
>>I believe dwile flonking was invented by students at Luton college in the '60s.
>>Can anyone pre date it?
>>
"...... which are believed to have been revived in the 1960s in the Beccles and Bungay area after a set of rules were found in an attic.
or
".. a game very similar in appearance appears in the 16th century painting “Children’s Games” by Breughel." so it says in the link below.

Now you are all interested in the sport here are the full rules
strange-games.blogspot.com/2007/09/dwile-flonking-dwyle-flunking.html

If you cannot make up a team then
Saturday's championships start from 1pm and there will also be games of welly wanging and horseshoe pitching.

If you cannot make it .....a video from British Pathe
www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=2265

This could ONLY happen in our unique country.
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - L'escargot
>> I believe dwile flonking was invented by students at Luton college in the '60s.
>>
>> Can anyone pre date it?
>>

For what it's worth ..... tinyurl.com/36wvzux
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - Pat
Come on CG, otherwise I'll feel duty bound to speak in your defence:)

Pat
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - MD
Just do as I do. Ignore the 'rules'

And................what right does a council have to ban an individual from flying an England flag outside their premises/property. None I suspect. Today I intend to obtain one and fly it at home. Lord help the petty sod that attempts to curtail me.

M
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - L'escargot
The ban is on promoting "speed drinking", not on dwile flonking.
 A ban on "Dwile flonking" - Harleyman
I'm sure the same council suggested cutting down all horse chestnut trees in the area a few years ago, on the grounds that someone might be injured either by falling conkers or at least in the pursuit of gathering same.

Nice to know that "care in the community" can lead to gainful employment for some! ;-)
Latest Forum Posts