Non-motoring > Cheaper alternative telephone numbers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 8

Cheaper alternative telephone numbers - L'escargot
A lot of Car4players will already be aware of this website, but for the benefit of those that aren't ..... www.saynoto0870.com/
 Cheaper alternative telephone numbers - CGNorwich

Don't most phone companies include "free " calls to 0870 numbers in their package deals? TalkTalk certainly include them in their "Talk Anytime" package (£7.21 per month)
 Cheaper alternative telephone numbers - rtj70
Lots of companies now use 0844 and 0871 numbers which are not included. I can think of a few that I've needed to contact recently including Sky and Thomas Cook.
 Cheaper alternative telephone numbers - Manatee
L'es's website covers the other premium numbers as well as 0870.

There are a couple of eye phone apps called WeQ4U and 0800 Wizard that automatically redirect calls to standard rate numbers - presumably similar for Androids (and their phones).

My WeQ4U app tells me I have saved £7 odd in 2 months.
You must make a lot of calls! I guess for the number of call I make each month its not worth the faffing about.
 Cheaper alternative telephone numbers - L'escargot
>> I guess for the number of call I
>> make each month its not worth the faffing about.
>>

For me it's a matter of principle.
I suppose you're right but I'm not sure its a real issue for me. I don't actually recall ever using an 0871 number. What sort of company uses them? Are they they widely used?
 Cheaper alternative telephone numbers - Fursty Ferret
>> >> I guess for the number of call I
>> >> make each month its not worth the faffing about.
>> >>
>>
>> For me it's a matter of principle.
>>

Agree.

My phone contract actually includes 0870 calls, but I'll try to find the alternative number to ensure that the company I'm calling doesn't make money out of me doing so. In general, the only reason I'm phoning them is to argue.
 Cheaper alternative telephone numbers - Meldrew
I would rather spend my time, which is free, than give money to people who want my business and make me pay to talk to them!
Latest Forum Posts