Non-motoring > Drink Driving Ban Legal Questions
Thread Author: Billy Replies: 5

Drink Driving Ban - Billy
Hi can someone help me please, I stupidly lost my licence for Drink Driving, and was due to have a blood test when my ban was up, I applied for this early last year, paid for the application of blood test, but it took so long and did not come through in time before myself and my family moved to Cyprus permanently. Does anyone know if I can apply to have the blood test over here, or in these circumstances will the DVLA issue another licence please, as I can not find any information for this particular circumstance on their website. Thank you
 Drink Driving Ban - Dog
Hi,

You could always try: www.expatforum.com/expats/cyprus-expat-forum-expats-living-cyprus/

I bet you're sooo glad you escaped the awful British weather :)
 Drink Driving Ban - Meldrew
What is wrong with the result of the blood test which you paid for, took, and was presumably satisfactory? Why not get a Cyprus licence and cut out DVLA and all the faffing about? If you are there permanently you will have to get one sometime SFAIK
 Drink Driving Ban - Jetski
If you are in the "high risk" group the DVLA insist on a medical by a doctor approved by them at your expense.
High risk includes :- being covicted more than once in ten years, a blood/ alcohol by breath reading two and a half times the limit, 87.5. or failing to take a breath test.
Doctor takes blood test, urine test, blood pressure and eye test, feels your gut for hardening or distended liver.
If this isn't done I guess you would have no licence to swap to a Cypriot one and would have to take a test there.
Last edited by: Jetski on Fri 19 Jul 13 at 10:32
 Drink Driving Ban - Meldrew
That's going to be another problem for Ray Wilkins then! They may have to test for blood in his alcohol stream
 Drink Driving Ban - Dog
>>They may have to test for blood in his alcohol stream

Very droll, Mildew.

:o)
Latest Forum Posts