Non-motoring > Habit-Forming Citric Acid Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 10

Habit-Forming Citric Acid - Ambo
My wife makes lemonade and uses citric acid to improve shelf life. Chemists always ask her, some quite sharply, what she wants it for. Boots shudder and say they don't stock it. It seems it is used to process, or mix with cocaine. Does anyone know why?
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - Zero
I'd like to know why she is doing that, when lemon juice is mostly citric acid anyway?
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - Fursty Ferret
Citric acid mixed with cocaine makes it water soluble for injecting.

That's what Google says, anyway.

*Awaits with interest the updated AdSense results*
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - Ambo
>>I'd like to know why she is doing that, when lemon juice is mostly citric acid anyway?

As I said, it improves shelf life.

Thanks for the explanation, FF.
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - Zero
>> >>I'd like to know why she is doing that, when lemon juice is mostly citric
>> acid anyway?
>>
>> As I said, it improves shelf life.

But lemon juice IS citric acid! its already got shelf life, how long do you keep the bleedin stuff! Tell her to leave it out!
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - Haywain
"But lemon juice IS citric acid! "

Lemon juice contains a high concentration of citric acid - but this will be diluted when lemonade is being made. I can quite understand that additional citric acid would extend the keeping qualities.
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - Lygonos
Citric is more commonly used by heroin addicts to make their crap better for injecting.

Even more "fun" is 'speedballing' where cocaine and heroin are injected simultaneously.

See also "King George V".
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - TeeCee
>> *Awaits with interest the updated AdSense results*
>>

Hmm. Designer frocks and addiction therapy. Go figure.....
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - Slidingpillar
Boots used to sell it as a standard when they did all the bits for home brewing. Home brew shops probably still do The other one to try is a decent independent chemist, but you might have to buy rather lot.

However Amazon have it in 500g bags, and a google search for "citric acid buy uk" gave plenty of other sellers.
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - MD
Just buy Bombardier.
 Habit-Forming Citric Acid - henry k
>> Boots used to sell it as a standard when they did all the bits for home brewing. Home brew shops probably still do
>>
Boot stopped selling it some years ago
>>
>> The other one to try is a decent independent chemist, but you might have to buy rather lot.
>>
I have only ever found Citric Acid Monohydrate B.P. in 100gm boxes or plastic tubs.
My local chemist charges £1.69 and I am always quizzed why I want it.
>> However Amazon have it in 500g bags, and a google search for "citric acid buy uk" gave plenty of other sellers.
>>
My local hardware/DIY shop sells 250gm boxes of Citric Acid (for appliance descaling) for £1.99.
The B.P. version has very small crystals but the other version has quite large crystals
( I wonder why ?)
Latest Forum Posts