Non-motoring > Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 17

Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - bathtub tom
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOdP8b1bIYhttp://
 Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - Zero
ROFL, tell me that didn't really happen?
 Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - No FM2R
I really want it to have happened, I really, really do.

But I suspect its a wind up.
Its not. I just checked. It happened.

What do you say about the crap BBC now?

How did you check?
the web, its reported in multiple sources.
All the reports go back to the one YouTube link.

I am sure that KTVU made a mistake with the pilots names, but I suspect not this mistake.

Still, lets hope they did because if so it'll live forever.
I have somewhere, genuine recordings taken at Heathrow airport of customer information messages at Heathrow, that announcers have been fooled into saying.
So it would seem that a "summer intern" at the NTSB "exceeded his authority" in giving out these names to someone at KTVU who failed to spot the issue.

Hilarious.

And a shame that someone somewhere is going to get a slap.
www.ntsb.gov/news/2013/130712.html
 Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - Bromptonaut
>> So it would seem that a "summer intern" at the NTSB "exceeded his authority" in
>> giving out these names to someone at KTVU who failed to spot the issue.
>>
>> Hilarious.
>>
>> And a shame that someone somewhere is going to get a slap.

Part of me hankers for days when office practical jokes only got one a slap rather than, as now, the prospect a full on disciplinary.

Worked for a while circa 79/80 with guy who could mimic any UK regional accent. One quiet Friday he slipped into another section and, using a external line, rang a colleague who's middle name might have been gullible.

Adopting a scouse accent our joker claimed to be from Liverpool police and to have in custody our head, a mid ranking member of the judiciary. IIRC an offence involving betting betting slips was mentioned. Given the gent concerned would bet on two flies on the window there was some plausibilty there.....

Mr Gullible swallowed it HL&S and was in the Chief Clerk's office before you could say Lime Street.

The subsequent 'carpettings' were less amusing and earned a terse line in a couple of folk's annual reports about need for greater maturity (but no long term consequence).
 Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - helicopter
Pranks were common thirty years ago.Some were very clever and well thought through.

We had one colleague in the eighties who liked a pint or four at lunchtime.......( not a pilot I hasten to add ) and I suppose it was cruel but......

We left a message for him on his desk after another liquid lunch to ring the HR directors secretary . It was in fact the number of a colleague in on the gag who proceeded to invite him to proceed to Head Office some four miles away later that afternoon to meet the HR director to discuss his drinking problem ...

.....which sent him into a flat spin panic as his breath smelt like a brewery ........and asking all his 'friends' what he should do

We then persuaded him that eating parsley disguised the smell of alcohol and as it happened 'luckily ' we had lots of it available whereupon he started munching handfuls of parsley and Polo mints for the next half hour until he was 'enlightened'......

I thought it was funny anyway and thought I was not so easy to fool.......until one day I got a memo from one of the directors and an invoice for around £50 for' personal use of company phones'.... I was steaming at this and fell for it....what made it so clever was that all my colleagues got similar invoices as well and were quite happy ... (only £1.49 for me says one , £3.00 , yes that's fair enough says another ) and they only just managed to stop me from calling the director and giving him a mouthful of abuse......

Great Fun.....
 Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - Meldrew
PA announcements concerning "Mike Hunt" and "Hugh Jardon" come to mind!
 Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - spamcan61
Mike Hunt was the Anglia TV weatherman back in the eighties!
 Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - helicopter
BBC Television Centre reception apparently put out a call once .....

Would Mr Andrew Pandy please report to reception.......
 Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - Bromptonaut
>> Mike Hunt was the Anglia TV weatherman back in the eighties!

Mrs B and I have both, seperately, met blokes called Michael Hunt. Strangely, one insisted on Michael while other was Micky.

And in a similar vein I note that the front runner to be next Lord Chief is called John Thomas.
 Not the Asiana flight 214 pilots - NeilS
I remember one of the assistants on the Chris Evans Virgin Radio show reading out a birthday message from a Drew Peacock
>> I remember one of the assistants on the Chris Evans Virgin Radio show reading out
>> a birthday message from a Drew Peacock

To his brother, Chris Peacock

I blame their best friend, Chris Biddick
Latest Forum Posts