Non-motoring > What to do with bulk bags? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 32

What to do with bulk bags? - Rudedog
I have three empty bulk bags, there's no return on them, so what can I do with them? Do I just try and put them out with the rubbish or does anyone have any ingenious uses for them?
 What to do with bulk bags? - No FM2R
Pretty good for taking stuff up the dump in.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Ted

We have one which makes a nice fitted cover for the cement mixer.

Saves having to keep it in the lounge ! Of course, you may have to buy a cement mixer to make this scheme work.

Ted
 What to do with bulk bags? - PhilW
Or making compost - fill them with all waste veg matter. Or bung soil in, then compost, a few surplus spuds and in a few months you'll have enough new spuds to keep you going for months!
 What to do with bulk bags? - Tigger
A cover for garden furniture?
 What to do with bulk bags? - MD
A lot of Builders Merchants and other suppliers offer, or indeed may HAVE to offer a return policy. Your supplier may do so, but not tell you. Alternatively cut them up and sneak them out in black plastic. I am advised by others.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Dog
Fill em with Lib, Lab, or Con politicians, and dump e'e at the bottom of the sea.
 What to do with bulk bags? - legacylad
When I have had bulk building materials delivered in them, and had to cut them to get to the contents at the bottom, making then unusable in future, they've gone in my wheelie bin.
My logs are delivered in them and the guys always appreciate their return.
I'm sure there are thousands of frivolous uses.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Cliff Pope

>> I'm sure there are thousands of frivolous uses.
>>

Name five.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Roger.
"What to do with bulk bags?"
Put 'em on a diet - try Weightwatchers.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Zero
>>
>> >> I'm sure there are thousands of frivolous uses.
>> >>
>>
>> Name five.

1/ Gigantic floating chinese lantern.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Old Navy
>> 1/ Gigantic floating chinese lantern.
>>

2/ Sea anchor.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 8 Jul 13 at 19:46
 What to do with bulk bags? - Roger.
A tent for a rough sleeping Roma in London.
New handbag for your Mrs because her current one is full of several million items.
(Including a phone she can never hear ring 'cos it's buried, purse which is also hidden at bottom of bag and is never looked for until she is surprised by cashier at supermarket asking her to pay for a mountain of shopping, and car keys also buried at bottom and she is taken by surprise when I am standing by car waiting for her to unlock to put aforementioned mountain of groceries in boot.)
 What to do with bulk bags? - Zero
you think she's got my car keys in there?
"you think she's got my car keys in there?"

Possibly; but could she/you find them?
 What to do with bulk bags? - Dog
A makeshift parachute for when you fly with The Ferret.

:}
 What to do with bulk bags? - mikeyb
I cut mine up and used them to line the new garden planters I made
 What to do with bulk bags? - Runfer D'Hills
Have the man who did the job with whatever was delivered in them take them away with all his other things I suppose...
 What to do with bulk bags? - Rudedog
I had three bags of garden materials delivered for some work I had planned (1 x sand for the lawn/soil, 1 x mushroom compost and 1 x hardwood chippings for a woodland path).
 What to do with bulk bags? - rtj70
>> I had three bags of garden materials delivered for some work I had planned

And you feel you need congratulating? Or something? You posted for a reason? :-)

I saw a few bags last night when we popped out for a walk. They seemed to say:

- No deposit
- Welcome to bring back to us

These were bags with aggregate or similar.
 What to do with bulk bags? - cliffpack
How about a hammock? They can hold up to 1000KG after all!
 What to do with bulk bags? - smokie
Holy thread resurrection Batman... :-)
 What to do with bulk bags? - WillDeBeest
Ambo goes to Tesco for his.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Cliff Pope
I see my "name five" challenge only got up to number 2, with Old Navy's sea anchor.

So I'll help it along with:

3) Personal windbreak with total privacy for that bracing British seaside holiday. Just sit inside it.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Old Navy
The problem with 2) is you would also need a sizable boat to use it on. One little bigger than a bucket would be OK on a boat up to about 50' long.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Ted
If you can find a water-tight one, it would make an ideal mini swimming pool for the forthcoming heatwave.
 What to do with bulk bags? - John Boy
Air brakes.
 What to do with bulk bags? - Bobby
I have one that I keep - sometimes use it for dragging logs round from front to back of house.
Also use it for lining the boot of the car if taking things to the dump - its actually a pretty good fit!
 What to do with bulk bags? - VxFan
>> Holy thread resurrection Batman... :-)

It was a subtle attempt at advertising.
 What to do with bulk bags? - helicopter
I agree with NOFM2R s original suggestion ......they are ideal for taking rubbish and garden waste,hedge clippings etc to rhe tip .

I actually bought three last year for that very reason.Only a couple of quid each online.

Last edited by: helicopter on Mon 29 Jun 15 at 11:05
 What to do with bulk bags? - John Boy
>> I agree with NOFM2R s original suggestion ......they are ideal for taking rubbish and garden waste,hedge clippings etc to rhe tip .

It is a good suggestion. Problem is that I wouldn't be able to lift it when it was full of rubbish and I've seen stronger-looking guys than me struggling with them at the tip.
 What to do with bulk bags? - helicopter
What I do is not load too much into them on the ground then lift into boot or hatchback and then top up the bag.......go to tip and unload bit by bit or alternatively get assistance from SWMBO or the attendants at the tip. Our local tip specifically signs up that you can ask for assistance to unload at any time.
Latest Forum Posts