Non-motoring > Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 32

Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - L'escargot
Do a search for your village/town/city and find the places to avoid ~ or not as the case may be! www.chavtowns.co.uk/
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Meldrew
Poles apart biased opinions and very short on facts, in the case of my local town.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Bromptonaut
As meldrew says the narratives are just opinion. No description for this village, just an account of the handful of ASB events in each year. Practically all relate to chavved up cars driven fast and noisily.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - sooty123
I searched for my area 'no results' seems like a site for rants and the such like. None are even funny or well written.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Fursty Ferret
So this website must be where UKIP hang out.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - R.P.
Crumbs, clearly the places written about had no Grammar Schools....
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Roger.
>> So this website must be where UKIP hang out.
Very droll - are you related to Zero?
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Dog
Best keep well away from Penzance, Falmouth, Wadebridge, Newquay, Redruff, Camborne etc. etc. etc..
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Fullchat
Well Hull tops it :) Which comes as no surprise.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Sat 15 Jun 13 at 22:22
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Dutchie
Smiley Fullchat,maybe have a bit of faith in your own town. I get fed up of these reports knocking Hull.Some parts of London Leeds Birmingham Manchester Glasgow Liverpool etc aren't for the tourist either.>;)
>> I get fed up of these reports knocking Hull.

I was only too pleased to go to Hull when I needed hospital treatment.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Dutchie
I got treatment at the Castle hill hospital L'es.The hospital is just outside Hull one of the best for cancer treatment and aftercare in the country.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Slidingpillar
Easterhouse in Glasgow used to make Moss Side in Manchester seem quaint.

There is a TV transmitter on the outskirts of Easterhouse that was a two person site visit. Not for any technical reason, but because one person on their own was not deemed safe in that area.
>> I got treatment at the Castle hill hospital L'es.

I went to Hull Royal Infirmary. Very easy to find, lots of parking space, and good treatment.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Zero
>> >> I get fed up of these reports knocking Hull.
>>
>> I was only too pleased to go to Hull when I needed hospital treatment.

Only because the alternative was Lincoln!
>> Smiley Fullchat,maybe have a bit of faith in your own town. I get fed up
>> of these reports knocking Hull.Some parts of London Leeds Birmingham Manchester Glasgow Liverpool etc aren't
>> for the tourist either.>;)

Yes but they have nice bits, Hull doesn't.

Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - CGNorwich
Hull tourist Information website:

"This lovely corner of England boasts a cosmopolitan city, colourful seaside resorts, a jaw-dropping coastline and miles and miles of tranquil countryside. Whether it's sandcastles on the beach or a night on the tiles, clambering over cliffs or strolling around a stately home, we've got it covered. With so many great experiences and attractions just waiting to be explored - all at tremendous value for money prices - you can cram in so much more. Whether it's a full fortnight's holiday or a flying weekend break, and with no air travel, the only footprints you'll leave are on the golden sands."
......There's probably a lot to see outside Hull - been there once to catch a ferry, some bits outside the place (in th country) seemed quite nice actually
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Dog
My Aunt Bessie's vegetarian toad-in-the-hulls come from 'up there', and we're still alive.

:}
>> ......There's probably a lot to see outside Hull -

But then its not Hull, is it. Thats the rest of England.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Ted

The best bit of Hull is leaving the King George dock with your motorbike and tent.

Ted
Same as Anglesey then - mostly immaculate and unspoilt apart from the dump that is Llangefni - even Holyhead is on the up these days, but there are pockets of obnoxious, drug/drink fuelled xenophobes across the place....
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Armel Coussine
>> obnoxious, drug/drink fuelled xenophobes across the place....

Must be awful there. In my own experience these obnoxious types are far outnumbered by charming, drug/drink fuelled people of cultivated and liberal outlook. A regional variation no doubt.

I am by far the worst behaved person in my immediate area, but it's a rural area and there isn't much competition. Some of the waddling, shaven-headed tattooed fatties blocking the supermarket aisles in the nearest towns are indeed ill-mannered, and sometimes accompanied by noisy children - not toddlers who are allowed to run about and utter cries but aren't a nuisance - but badly-behaved nippers of ten or twelve who keep wanting to buy things and mess around with the goods on display.

But I have to say that a majority probably are polite, charming and accommodating. You really can't judge a book by its cover.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Armel Coussine
I just looked at the link in the OP. Most of the 'articles' appear to be total rubbish, overwritten (very often incorrectly, with pathetic grammar and thin vocabulary) by ignorant, paranoid juveniles. Found myself agreeing with the equally awful comments, some of which at least seemed to be trying to establish a bit of accuracy.

Tchah! Honestly Gastropod, we get enough of that carp here...
>> Tchah! Honestly Gastropod, we get enough of that carp here...
>>

tinyurl.com/kckpq6j
:-D
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - Manatee
According to that site, the nearest centres of chavvery are Aylesbury and Leighton Buzzard.

All the "reports" are exaggerated even allowing for my sheltered existence.

Leave the chavs alone if it keeps them from worse mischief.

Unless they were responsible for the massive new road humps in Leighton near Morrisons, in which case they should be exterminated forthwith. But I suspect Central Bedfordshire Council.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - movilogo
This is an old site and mostly contains subjective opinion.

For more factual data, look at police.uk website.
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - DP
This was a fact of life where we were inside the M25. 3-4x a week for disturbed sleep, and about once a month for the car getting vandalised or messed with in some way.

Where we live now isn't perfect, but it's like Pleasantville in comparison.
Last edited by: DP on Mon 17 Jun 13 at 16:42
 Antisocial behaviour and chavs in your area - No FM2R
>>According to that site, the nearest centres of chavvery are Aylesbury and Leighton Buzzard.

I don't know Leighton very well, although it has seemed ok to me the few times I've wandered around.

Aylsebury, on the other hand, is awful. The clientele of that big Tescos on the Bicester Road just about sum up the very definition of the word chav.
 Chavtowns - -
Oh dear is your town listed

www.chavtowns.co.uk/

merged with previous thread
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 7 Oct 13 at 12:59
 Chavtowns - Focusless
Thought that rang a bell...
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=14255&v=f
 Chavtowns - -
Doh, please delete mods.

me memory has gone to pot
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Mon 7 Oct 13 at 11:00
 Chavtowns - Focusless
Sorry gb, no need for drastic measures - it will be new to some, and the rest of us (myself included) have probably forgotten what was said anyway :)
Last edited by: Focusless on Mon 7 Oct 13 at 11:05
Latest Forum Posts