Non-motoring > PARTNERSHIP NEEDED Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 179

PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Dog
Greetings My Dear Friend,

I want to introduce myself and this business opportunity to you. My Name is Nicholas
Park, I am the Head of Finance/Contract Approval Department of Benin Chamber of Commerce,
Industry, Mines and Agriculture. I wish to know if we can work together.

I would like to use my position in the establishment to recommend you as the business
associate to a deceased contractor so that you can receive the fund for our own benefits
and business partnership. The deceased contractor has unpaid contract balance payment of
(€7,800,000.00 Euros) for supply of raw materials and installation of equiments to our
Industry.

He died eight weeks after the completion of the contract project without any registered
business partner in his file. If this proposal is acceptable to you, kindly send the
information stated below to me to enable me give you comprehensive details on what we are
to do to get this transaction concluded:

Complete names
Private telephone number
Contact address
Private email

I look forward to your interest in the partnership.

Email.nicholasparkofficefile@yahoo.com

Yours Faithfully,
NICHOLAS PARK.

Une messagerie gratuite, garantie à vie et des services en plus, ça vous tente ?
Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net

:-))
 Partnership needed - L'escargot
No need to shout bark!
;-)
 Partnership needed - Roger.
A good one to scam back!

forum.419eater.com/forum/
 Partnership needed - Dog
I wonder if this could be for real, I mean, there's only the one spieling mistake as far as I can ascertain,
and it's too easy to just pass this orf as yet another email scam.

Now lets see ... there's the ocean-going yacht, the villa in Cyprus, the Ducati, a new Subaru Forester etc., etc., etc.
 Partnership needed - DP
>> A good one to scam back!
>>
>> forum.419eater.com/forum/
>>

This website is hilarious. I was chuckling to myself a year or so ago as I read a wonderful story of a Nigerian scammer who had been convinced that his "victim" had sent a representative to Lagos with £5,000 in payment, and had handed the money over to a bunch of men in Lagos Airport claiming to be representatives of the scammer. Of course none of this ever happened,

When the scammer had queried where the representative and his money was, the "victim" said he had handed over the cash, and in a wonderful turn of the tables, started accusing the scammer of trying to rip him off by denying he had received the money. It also conveniently transpired that the fictional representative who had handed over the fictional money to the fictional heavies was a slightly unhinged thug by the name of Benny, who had taken a very dim view indeed of being conned. So much so, that after taking a cocktail of drugs, and procuring a number of weapons, he was now roaming the streets of Lagos searching for the scammer and vowing to get medieval on his sorry backside. The scammer clearly had fallen for this, and was pleading his innocence quite desperately.

The intricacy of the planning involved in delivering just-deserts to these scammers is incredible.
Last edited by: DP on Mon 24 Jun 13 at 11:36
 Partnership needed - Ian (Cape Town)
I used to travel to Lagos quite often.
One of the best scams was getting people to meet you at the airport, carrying your name on a sign.
BUT the names - and gmail addresses - weren't real - rather they were rude Afrikaans words.
So all the saffers getting off the SAA flight were in stitches as they saw chaps waiting for 'Faggot Blowjob', 'Rough Sodomy' or similar.
 Partnership needed - Westpig
>> I used to travel to Lagos quite often.
>> One of the best scams was getting people to meet you at the airport, carrying
>> your name on a sign.
>> BUT the names - and gmail addresses - weren't real - rather they were rude
>> Afrikaans words.
>> So all the saffers getting off the SAA flight were in stitches as they saw
>> chaps waiting for 'Faggot Blowjob', 'Rough Sodomy' or similar.
>>

I preferred this one

tinyurl.com/m2c5f9v
Last edited by: Westpig on Mon 24 Jun 13 at 21:28
 Partnership needed - Duncan
>> I preferred this one
>>
>> tinyurl.com/m2c5f9v
>>

I can vouch for names and messages similar to those, from the days when I used to pick up passengers inside the terminal.
Last edited by: Duncan on Mon 24 Jun 13 at 22:28
 Partnership needed - TeeCee
Oh, the one set in the Sudan is the funniest.

www.419eater.com/html/RoadToChadDarfur/

I was crying with laughter by the end of that lot.
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Manatee
Some people have all the luck. I don't suppose you'll want to talk to the likes of us when you get half of that in the bank.
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Ted

Great opportunity ,Bonzo. If you can't be bothered, send me your credit card number, dates and security number.

I'll sort it out for you !! :-)

Ted
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Dog
With fiends like you Teddy, who needs enemas.

:o}
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Cliff Pope
It's fun sometimes pretending to treat a genuine but unwelcome letter as a scam.
Sorry I didn't respond to your letter and request for payment. To be honest I assumed from the spelling mistakes and dubious address that it was a scam or contained a virus.
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Dog
GOOD DAY

ARE YOU REALLY IN-NEED OF A LOAN AND YOU ARE CONFUSED ON HOW TO GO
ABOUT IT! HAVE YOU BEEN TURNED DOWN BY YOUR FRIENDS OR RELATIVES
AROUND YOU? ARE YOU SEEKING FOR FINANCES TO SET UP YOUR BUSINESS BACK
ON TRACK? WITH APPRECIATION CONTACT US NOW FOR FAST LOAN APPROVAL WITH
INCREDIBLE RATE AT 2% , WE CATER FOR YOU AND YOUR FINANCIAL NEEDS. GOD
BLESS YOU......

FIRST INFORMATION NEEDED ARE:
Full Name:
Contact Phone numbers:
Amount Needed:
Duration:

krugerfinance@excite.com
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Stuartli
Had one the other day not via e-mail or phone, but in a letter addressed to my late wife.

It came from what I presume is some low life in Spain with the usual spiel; hopefully the vastly increased cost of posting rather than e-mailing will teach him a valuable lesson...:-)
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Dutchie
I like the God bless you from kruger finance.They aren't yanks are they?
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Dog
>>They aren't yanks are they?

Could be they're just trying to make a killing: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Freddy_Krueger.JPG
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - henry k
My luck has changed :- )).

Hello Friend,

I am manager in Mico Security & property Guaranty Ltd, Accra Ghana, I am seeking your assistance, Can you represent me to receive some money in your country? I have some money for transfer, this is business’ can we work together as pair’ we can go into joint venture with the money in question. Kindly indicate your interest by your Telephone Number.
Regards.
Mr.Frimpong
 Congratulations!!! - Dog
World Economic Forum Switzerland
91-93 route de la Capite,
CH-1223 Cologny/Geneva
Switzerland

(File No:wefd-0179)
Your Ref # ( WEFD0098)

We are pleased to announce to you that the European Union,Imf,Ecb,WorldBank,Africa Union,Greek Tourist Board,United Nation now offers €1,550,000.00 EUR (One Million Five Hundred And Fifty Thousand Euros) bonanza to all European countries, Asia/Middle East/central,North,South America/Africa,New Zealand,Australia (Citizens only) each to fight away the Economic Problem in
the globe.

You are to reply back with the below filled information to enable the Paying Bank (Euro Bank EFG SA) proceed with you in accordance to your funds remittance.

Your Ref # ( WEFD0098)

Full Names: Dog Mad
Nationality: Kernowek
Sex: yes please ;)
Mobile Tel: 0844 493 0787
Address: N. E. Parks
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Focusless
Mmm... selling son's electronic drum kit on Gumtree (as it's free), got text expressing interest and asking me to email him. Seemed reasonably genuine, things progressed, he said he wanted to buy, but wanted me to get in touch with his 'movers' to arrange collection, with him paying extra so I could pay them myself. Wasn't keen on that, so said he must sort that out - he agreed.

He's got my address, but he's ignored my requests for his address. However, he said he was sending a cheque, and that arrived today.

Now the kit was on sale for £550; the cheque is for £2800, from 'Elite Health Enterprises Ltd'; the (printed?) signature bears no resemblance to the name in the emails.

Call me paranoid but it's starting to look a bit dodgy, specifically Scam 2 in this list:
www.friday-ad.co.uk/Scam.asp

Should I contact someone - Gumtree, police - at this stage?
Ah - it's all sorted now :)

"Thanks so much for being a honest seller, As I've told you initially that the movers fee will be included in the payment, so the overpayment is meant to cover the cost of shipment for the drums alongside my other properties including tax and insurance plus the movers fee. Kindly get the payment deposit into your account and get back to me ASAP"
Actually I've found the relevant Gumtree advice:

Cheque overpayment. A buyer, prospective tenant or even an employer will send you a cheque worth more than the value of the items/rent/job. They’ll then ask for the surplus money to be returned to them or a third party, for example ‘to pay for shipping’. The cheque will clear into your bank account, only to be refused weeks later. At this point, the bank/building society will take the full cheque amount back out of your account. This would then leave you out of pocket for the amount on the cheque and the amount you passed on as the difference.
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Alanovich
Open new bank account. Pay cheque in. Once cleared, take money out in cash and close new account immediately. Do not send drums.

Scammer scammed.

Would that work? Shame he's got your address, mind.

On second thoughts, I'd contact Gumtree and the Police, post the cheque back and tell the buyer to do one.

Currently getting grief with eBay myself, and had thought: "Wish I'd used Gumtree". Obviously it isn't that simple. :-(
>> Currently getting grief with eBay myself

Yeah, had 2 local pick-up cash on collection sales recently that no-one came to pick-up, so you end up paying seller fees with no payment. Less then £10 total selling price though so no great loss.

>> and had thought: "Wish I'd used Gumtree". Obviously it
>> isn't that simple. :-(

As a result of another contact regarding another item, I got a 'safety alert' email. Plus 57 identical copies. Currently in contact with Gumtree trying to work out why - on 4th email exchange with support and they still haven't got the right end of the stick..
Last edited by: Focusless on Tue 20 Aug 13 at 13:45
Trying online chat with 'ActionFraud'...
Spent 20 mins reporting it on phone, nice helpful chap, and they report it to police who might or might not get back to me.

Anyone want a nice Roland electronic drum kit? :)
 Must have spent his earnings from Tesco - borasport
Salutation: My name is Sir. Terry Leahy,

I am soliciting your sincere assistance
over my Investment Proposal which I planned
to invest with your 100% assistance. I am
seeking for your co-operation in building
a company or Real Estate in your country.
I have huge sum of money for the project,
which will be transfered to you as soon as
possible if our discussion is positive and
documentation is sealed. On the resumption
of this project,you will be a member of the
governing board as the Director of
Management. I will give you 10% of the total
sum before investment and 30% of the profit
realized for 5 years.

If interested please respond, my email
address: sirterry.leahy@qq.com

SIR. TERRY LEAHY

Must have spent his earnings from Tesco - Roger.
"Every little helps"!
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Dog
Dear Customer Mug,

Your access to Credit Card Online Services will expire in 3 days. In order to gain full access to all of the great benefits just log in to update your Credit Card Online Services using the Username ,PIN, Password and update your email records which you set up when you first registered. You'll then be asked to click next. You should receive a confirmation letter in the post with in 3 working days.

Helpfull Banking
NatWest Credit Card Services
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Meldrew
Yes, I am getting 2 or 3 of these a week, specifically from Nat West.
There's one born every minute, I hear.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Zero
>> Yes, I am getting 2 or 3 of these a week, specifically from Nat West.

No you are not. They are coming from different sources, but none of them are Nat West.

You have to bear in mind, that now phishing is coming in the guise of every source, anywhere where you have a direct debit, or service managed on line is fair game for the "give us your details" scam.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Dutchie
There is always someone who will fall for it Dog.Usually people who can least afford to be robbed.

I never trusted time share sellers,we got invited once in Majorca.Free wine and the spiel sign on the dotted line same day.Banks don't have to trick you do they,there thieving is done the legal way..;)

Me and the ole woman went to a timeshare 'presentation' in Tenerife once.

They said it'll only go on for 1.5 hours.

After 1.5 hours I said "that's it, I'm orf now", came away with a bottle of plonk, 200 fags, AND a taxi back home.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - rtj70
Dog, I got the Natwest one earlier too. Getting a lot more spam of late but that is possibly linked to a security breach at Adobe linked to ePub DRM.

I got an email from another site (Evernote) pointing out they had checked emails used for accounts on their system against the list leaked from Adobe and mine was on it (well I used Adobe DRM ePub files) and suggested I change my password for Evernote.

Quite like this spam/scam email though:

:::2013 EMAIL PRIZE AWARDS:::

Attn : Beneficiary,

CONGRATULATIONS !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!
We at Facebook splash Promotional global office likes to officially
congratulate you for the draw that was just held by our company, featured
you as the
2nd place winner. FaceBook splash Promo, which is normally held in the
beginning of every Eleventh Months in every year to promote our global
publicity
and reputations as we plan to exploit more corners of the world with our
highly valued Data use network. This promotion is just one various ways
we are presently using to achieve this global vision of ours.

Ten stable facebook accounts are selected from the beginning of the year
by Our Internet Processing Unit out of millions of facebook user's and Our
ten (10) Lucky winners have been selected from the five continents
currently connected to the Facebook network around the World.

Winning Award attached to Ticket Number (5647600545189) and Ballot number
(BT: 12052006/20).

Your Account emerged as the 6th beneficiary in this Promo and was chosen
at random by our Digital Random Internet Processing
Service(D.R.I.B.P.S)and your reward is coming from the interests generated
from advertising and copyrights from the Facebook network and this program
is fully supported by i,Mark Elliot Zuckerberg {CEO/founder of Face Book}
and the members of staff for the World Gambling promotional program and
Lottery
Sweepstakes.

Congratulations once again from Facebook , You are entitled to the sum of
Ј1,500,000:00 (One Million,Five hundred thousand Great
BritishPounds),being the Sum given out as compensation for your patronage
on Facebook.

Being the 6th Beneficiary out of the Ten winners for this Year's Facebook
Promotional Lottery Sweepstakes,you fall in the 2nd Category for the
winnings which is Category{B},Istanbul Payment District in LONDON UK with
your fiduciary Agent information being given below:

Fiduciary Agent:Tomas Sanchez
Email::facebookonline83@yahoo.co.uk
Phone Number:+447024015060
Get to him with the below information as soon as you get this notification
and get your cash Prize of {Ј1,500,000'00},One million,Five hundred
thousand Great British Pounds, as soon as possible as three winners among
the Ten that won has already gotten theirs.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Crankcase
Lots of Natwest ones for me too, but this was a new one on me a couple of days ago. These people are real and do live up the road - they were in the news after their big win and subsequent divorce proceedings.

Bit different anyway.
-----------

We the Bayford Family won £148.6 Million Pounds last year, and we have done lot of charity donation, so we decide to give 1.5 Million Pounds each to 5 lucky people, lucky for you, your email, was given to us by Google management as one of our lucky precipitants.

For verification process see below Please read the article - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19254228

Send Name, Country, Age, Occupation and Phone Number for details

Congratulations & Happy Celebrations in Advance.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Thu 28 Nov 13 at 14:21
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Alanovich
>> one
>> of our lucky precipitants.

I hate to rain on your parade............but it's snow use replying to this.
You most likely have your own personal email address Rob? I've recently changed mine from dog@plusnet to dog@zen but, I'm still getting 'stuff' from PlusNet even though I terminated my broadband with them over 2 weeks ago.

NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Dutchie
Same here Dog,I got fed up listening to their nonsense I could have done better myself.It is scary how easily people can be deceived we are all vunerable.
I've been 'had' a few times over the years Dutchie, I like being had as it happens - it keeps me on my toes.

:+)
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - rtj70
I've also started to get spam emails to my Google mail address which is only used on the tablet(s) and phone. I do not use that on any websites and yet some of these time wasters are now sending spam to it.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Cliff Pope
Once in a while they must strike lucky.
This morning I got an email purporting to be from Barclays, telling me the transfer has gone through, and inviting me to click on a link to view the details.
As it happens I had indeed transfered money between accounts half an hour earlier.

Coincidence? I deleted it as I always do. If it had been genuine and important someone would have phoned me.
I don't get any spam on my Gmail or yahoo mail addresses at all at all.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - borasport
currently getting multiple daily spams from 'barclays' and 'dhl', with some from paypal
That's partly why I left PlusNet - to start anew, like being reborn :)

Not everybody's cup o'tea I know - I changed my telephone number a year ago for the same reason.

Don't get any cold calls now ... wouldn't say no to a phew hot ones though ;)
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Ted

>> Don't get any cold calls now ... wouldn't say no to a phew hot ones
>> though ;)
>>

Give me your number, Chucky. I do a good line in heavy breathing .

Ted
>>Give me your number, Chucky. I do a good line in heavy breathing .

Try rubbing Vic on your chest and lemme know howl you get on.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Alanovich
>> >>Give me your number, Chucky. I do a good line in heavy breathing .
>>
>> Try rubbing Vic on your chest and lemme know howl you get on.
>>

Leave me out of your sordid fantasies if you don't mind.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - Zero
I get Nat West, Barclays, PayPal, and Now Tiscali phishing.

When it was from the First National Bank of Boston, or "Your Bank of American Checking Account" it was certainly easier to distinguish as fraudulent.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - No FM2R
I have two email addresses which I use for business. One is email only and never receives any spam and the other is for signing-up, logging-in, communication on business websites and it gets quite a lot of spam although, pretty much without exception, business oriented Spam.

I have two email addresses for social; One e-mail only and is never used to sign up to anything. It never receives spam.

The other which is used for social stuff as a username / sign up address is absolutely buried in spam of every kind from Nigeria to porn to banking to pharmaceuticals. Not that I care, I never read it.

I use them all on my Android, my computer, the iPad and internet cafes. It does not appear to make a difference.

I can't find an exception where I have received spam to an account *unless* I use it on a website as a log in / feedback / communication method.

Interestingly I use this particular email address for just this website and have never received anything. So at least Khoo do the decent thing.
 NatWest Credit Card Online Services Review - borasport
I used to have a contact email address as text on my website many years ago, but learned very quickly that was not a good idea, so I changed the contact page to show a different valid email address as an image rather than text - that radically cut down, but did not eliminate the spam.

Its amazing how many disposable email addresses I've used in the past that are still floating round the system, I guess brokers sell lists ?
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - borasport
Dear Valued Customer,

This is a short email to let you know that your RBS Credit Card Online Services security details was recently changed on Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 10:32: AM. Please confirm that this request was made by you.

Yes, I made this request.

No, I did not make this request.

Best wishes

David Wayne
Head of Credit Card
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - Pat
I had that one today, so did Ian!

Pat
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - Zero
I had that one today as well.

I sent off Pats Details.
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - bathtub tom
>>I had that one today as well.

So did I. Someone's been busy.

The previous two were claiming to be from NatWest. I don't have accounts with either.
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - crocks
So did I. And one from Barclay's a couple of days ago.

With such saturation coverage they only need a 0.0001% success rate to make it worthwhile.
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - Dog
The people who send out these ere scam emails must think we're fick or something.

:~}
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - borasport
You're right, they must make money at the end of the day, I'm just curious as to who this 0.0001 % is
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - Duncan
>> You're right, they must make money at the end of the day, I'm just curious
>> as to who this 0.0001 % is
>>

Presumably:-

1. Perhaps a bit gullible
2. Have an RBS Credit card (or whatever)
3. Perhaps have recently changed their security details

Easy enough to see that if some people don't have a good spam filter and one of these emails appears in the inbox, they might think it is for them.
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - madf

>> Easy enough to see that if some people don't have a good spam filter

It is amazing that in this day and age I have met people whose PCs run slowly . When asking, it appears that they have no anti virus software....so a spam filter? Don't make me larf
 Who falls for this ? somebody must - Mike H
I had this one, but as I received it on Friday 29th telling me my details were recently changed on Saturday 30th kinda spoilt it somehow....;-)
 Important update. Please read - Dog
I'm not sure about this one, so I wont open the PDF from: euxlrn@wa-wc.com

Dear user!

This is a planned Outage for our MAIL Services on Mon, 02 Dec 2013 10:47:12 +0430
Our MailServer is currently experiencing some problems. It should be working again as usual shortly.

If you want to keep previous saved emails
please download and save your backup from the attached file.

Please do not reply to this message.

This is a mandatory notification containing information about important changes in the products you are using.

Important update. Please read - Roger.
Surely not! :-)
Them's is getting sneaky!
 Important update. Please read - henry k
After many and various CC emails I have now been sent

Dear Customer,

Your access to Credit Card Online Service has been suspended. To re-gain access,kindly download our SECURED ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND ONLINE FORM ATTACHED TO THIS MAIL.

RBS Credit Card Services.

Now I am really worried after the problems the other day !!!
Oh hang on a minute. I have never had any dealings with RBS.
I can now stop stressing :-)

Important update. Please read - Ted

I had a look in my Spam the other day. There were two similar...Nat West and RBS. Neither of whom I deal with. They go straight into spam so I don't usually see them.

I've had them from Yank banks in the past like Chase Manhattan......I wish. When I get one from Coutts, I'll let you know. A higher class of spam !

Ted
 Important update. Please read - CGNorwich
"When I get one from Coutts, I'll let you know. A higher class of spam !"

My first bank Coutts - still have the check book wallet. I worked for an insurance Company called the "Royal Exchange' and since their bankers were Coutts and Co the staff had accounts there. Coutts staff wore tail coats in those days and. Don't suppose they do now.

By banking history actually then took a turn for the better as I went to work for the Reserve Bank of Australia for a short while - the Australian equivalent of the bank of England so had an account with them. There were only a couple of hundred private account holders in the UK. Very exclusive

Having left them things went downhill and I move to Barclays. Not liking their charges I move to the Co-Op in the seventies.

A sad tale of decline

One for Dave ...

A Pole , a Black , a Muslim and a Brit were walking together on a beach when the Black stumbled over a bottle in the sand.

He picked up the bottle, rubbed the sand off it, and a Genie appeared." I can only grant four wishes, "the Genie said. "Since there are four of you, you may have a wish apiece."

Pointing at the Black , he said, "Since you found the bottle, you may have the first wish."

The Black studied for a moment then said, "I wish for a fleet of ships so that I can gather all my people and take them back to our homeland, Africa ."

Poof! It was done! Hundreds of ships appeared on the skyline .

The Pole said, "I wish for enough Range Rovers to take all my people back to our Homeland, Poland

Poof! It was done! Row after row of Range Rovers appeared on the beach.

The Muslim said, "I wish for ten thousand camels to take all of my people away from this horrible country loaded with infidels so we can live in peace in Muslim countries”

Poof! It was done! Ten thousand camels suddenly appeared on the beach.

Turning to the Brit , the Genie asked, "And what is your wish?

The Brit watched as the loaded Range Rovers began moving toward the Channel, then looked out to sea and watched the loaded ships sailing out into the sunset, then he looked at all of the Muslims getting on top of the camels and riding off.

The Brit said , "Just give me a Pint. It doesn't get any better than this!"
 Important update. Please read - No FM2R
Doug,

I *really* don't like that joke.

Just saying rather than giving you the dreaded red spot.
It'll be gorn very soon Martin, I ran it past the ole woman and she couldn't see any arm in it.
Like she listened to what you were actually saying!!!!
I'm the one that's accused of that - too often!

D/Dave must be out to lunch.
Oh he's around. He deleted one of mine earlier.

[course, it may not actually have been him, but in the tradition of the forum we can just blame him without worrying about it too much)
Here's another one for him then:

"Here is an actual sign posted at a golf club in Scotland":

1.BACK STRAIGHT, KNEES BENT 2..FEET SHOULDER WIDTH APART. 3.FORM A LOOSE GRIP 4.KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN! 5.STAY OUT OF THE WATER. 6. TRY NOT TO HIT ANYONE. 7.IF YOU ARE TAKING TOO LONG, LET OTHERS GO AHEAD OF YOU 8.DON'T STAND DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF OTHERS. 9.QUIET PLEASE...WHILE OTHERS ARE PREPARING. 10.DON'T TAKE EXTRA STROKES.

WELL DONE.. NOW, FLUSH THE URINAL, GO OUTSIDE, AND TEE OFF
 Important update. Please read - Roger.
The RSPCA says - " We will prosecute you - those 10,000 camels are grossly overloaded"!
 Shipping con-firmation - Dog
Dear Dog@zen.co.uk:

We have a package for you!
Unfortunately some important information is missing to complete the delivery.
Please follow the link to verify your identity:

verify your identity now!

You have 24 hours to compleate the verification! Otherwise the package will be returned to sender!

Order confirmation number: 67435693182

Order date: 03/12/2013

Thank you for choosing FedEx.

fedex.com

This message has been sent by an auto responder system. Please do not reply to this message.

The content of this message is protected by copyright and trademark laws under U.S. and international law.
Review our privacy policy. All rights reserved.

Shipping con-firmation - VxFan
I got the same spam email this morning too. In fact 14 of them.

New mail filter set up to automatically delete any emails from noreply@fedex.com.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 11 Dec 13 at 09:48
It had me going for a minute TBH - they are getting even-more sneaky!
 Shipping con-firmation - Ted

So, may I take it you don't want the blow up sheep I've sent you, Bonz ?

Ted
 Shipping con-firmation - Zero
>>
>> So, may I take it you don't want the blow up sheep I've sent you,
>> Bonz ?
>>
>> Ted

Certainly not, its been well used.
>>may I take it you don't want the blow up sheep I've sent you, Bonz ?

Milo would only get jealous Teddy, put it on eBay, I'm sure someone would appreciate a Baagain like that.
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - henry k
www.totallocum.co.uk/images/links/hmrc.gif

HM Revenue & Customs

After the last annual calculation of your tax activity, you are eligible to receive a tax refund of £620.50.
Please click the tax refund me now below.

A refund can be delayed for a various reasons.
For example submitting invalid account information or applying after the deadline.

Please Note : We only accept RBS,NatWest And Mint Credit Cards for online refund.

Refund Me Now

Best Regards
HM Revenue & Customs
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - helicopter
How strange henry k ....... exactly the same HMRC email in my inbox today .......

aren't we both lucky getting a tax refund just before Christmas :0)
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - rtj70
Odd how three of us are due exactly the same amount of refund... Odder still that at least three of us on here have got the same scam email today. Could be from the list of email addresses stolen from HonestJohn's website a few years back - or has this site been comprised?

I wonder how many on here got that email today to the address they use for this site (and HJ).

I know my email address has been 'stolen' from a few sites now (like Adobe for DRM on books).
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - Bromptonaut
I've got that one today, £620.50 for me as well.

Coincidence has a long arm!!!
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 16 Dec 13 at 11:49
Bromptonaut, like you, I don't think this is a coincidence. Either a list that links us to a motoring website was used or this email has gone out to a lot of people.
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - Dog
Ah ha! - my email address registered here and on HJ is extinct now since I've gorn with Zen.

And, unfortunately I didn't get a refund from the HMRC, which is a shame really, as I could do with a few coppers.

:}
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - No FM2R
>>or has this site been comprised?

I have not received this email to this account. Nor ever any other item of spam either, for that matter, and I have no spam blocker.
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - bathtub tom
Looks like I got it too, although I haven't bothered to open it as went directly to spam (along with the half dozen or so about my non-existent NatWest and RBS cards!).
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - Fenlander
My mail address has changed from that registered with HJ years ago. I don't use a spam filter and rarely get spam/dodgy stuff... perhaps a couple a month if that.... so I don't think it's this site leaking mail addresses.
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - Ted

My email's the same as with HJ. Just checked my spam and there's my HMRC refund of £620.
Together with phishing trips from Paypal, RBS, Natwest and MBNA.

80 items in spambox of which 41 offer me ' Bigger Willy ' pills !

How do they know ?

Ted
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - madf
Same email as HJ
No spam rubbish.

Shows what you get for chasing porn or Russian wives.:-)
>> Same email as HJ
>> No spam rubbish.
>>
>> Shows what you get for chasing porn or Russian wives.:-)
>

Edit

Just received it in another email address which is not used by HJ....

Definitely Russian wives then :-)
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - henry k
>>
. Just checked my spam and there's my HMRC refund of £620.
>> Together with phishing trips from Paypal, RBS, Natwest and MBNA.
>>
Perhaps you have been omitted from sharing in Gaddafi's hidden billions.
Must action mine soon :-)
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - Ted
Feel left out now...:-(

Ted
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - Arctophile
I too have received the HMRC email along with many of the others described above. All were received on the email used for the HJ site.

I have not received any spam on the email that I use for this site. I have suspected for a little while that they are connected to the HJ hack.

The only other of my email addresses that regularly receives spam is the one that I used solely to buy Festival Speed Tickets at Goodwood (motoring link).
Obviously I wasn't paying attention or I missed it, but what's the story behind HJ's site being hacked?
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - VxFan
>> Obviously I wasn't paying attention or I missed it, but what's the story behind HJ's
>> site being hacked?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=76204

Thanks.

"Someone outside unfortunately got hold of an admin username and password with top level privileges and logged into that section"

So, likely either an "inside" job or some idiot wrote their username/password down.

But clearly serious stupidity was involved since it would appear that the site was not, in fact, hacked. It was accessed using valid username/password combinations.

Pissed off employee or other participant perhaps?

Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 16 Dec 13 at 21:51
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - helicopter
Well not such a Happy Christmas for me......

Ironically after all yesterdays posts.... I got home last night to find amongst the Christmas Cards a REAL demand for £395 from HMRC....

:0(
>> Well not such a Happy Christmas for me......
>>
>> Ironically after all yesterdays posts.... I got home last night to find amongst the Christmas
>> Cards a REAL demand for £395 from HMRC....
>>
>> :0(
>>

Sorry to hear it but someone has to pay for Lords spending 2 minutes at the House of Lords and claiming a full day's pay. (£300)
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - Arctophile
Just received a phishing email supposedly from MINT.

Anyone else got the same one?
 HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - borasport
In the inbox at the moment
1 x mint
1 x barclays
2 x HMRC 'Notification to Employers'

and that's since this morning
>> Just received a phishing email supposedly from MINT.

We detected irregular activity..................? Arrived this afternoon.
Yes I got the mint one as well. And a WhatsApp related one too.
Norton Security is set up (by me) to move into Spam all phishing. I scan the spam box once a week and delete.

HMRC refund !!!! Happy Christmas - Roger.
Gmail servers stop 99% of spam ever getting into my Thunderbird inbox.
Just had one that managed to go to my inbox, purporting to come from Barclaycard:
Your Opinions Counts

Capitalisation and grammar?

>> Just had one that managed to go to my inbox, purporting to come from Barclaycard:
>>
>> Your Opinions Counts
>>
>> Capitalisation and grammar?
>>
>>
>>

I kant see anyfing rong.
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Dog
No spam today mummy (or yesterday) ... I must be doing something rong right.
 Irregular Card Activity - borasport
'Dear Customer,

During a recent review of your credit card account we found that you are currently logging in from different cities in a suspicious manner that is not compliant with our bank policies.

NatWest customers are not permitted to log in from different places at same time, or using proxies.'

Well if that's the case, I'm just glad I don't bank with NatWest

here's a new one - borasport

Notice to Appear,

Hereby you are notified that you have been scheduled to appear for your hearing that will take place in the court of
London in January 31, 2014 at 10:00 am.

Please bring all documents and witnesses relating to this case with you to Court on your hearing date.

The copy of the court notice is attached to this letter.
Please, read it thoroughly.

Note: If you do not attend the hearing the judge may hear the case in your absence.

Yours truly,
L.McNamara
Clerk to the Court.
 here's a new one - Ted

I got a NatWest email yesterday telling me there were problems with my credit card. Well, I've searched my wallet and I just can't find one anywhere !

Just one phone caller who spoke today...Asian voice....problems with my PC. Didn't have time to wind him up so just told him I was a senior IT consultant with MI5.

He rang off !

HO
 here's a new one - henry k
If they open up with "Windows.....
Just interrupt them and say I am glad you phoned, I have been having trouble with the sealed units on my double glazing and.......
They seem to loose interest.

SWMBO says "Very interesting that you say there is a problem with my computer because I do not have one" ........Click!
Last edited by: henry k on Thu 30 Jan 14 at 22:27
 here's a new one - Ted

If I get a chugger at the door I soon see them off.

" I'm from the National Society for the welfare of one-legged voles "

" Ah, is there a problem with my standing order ? "

They clear off and annoy the neighbours !

HO
 here's a new one - bathtub tom
"Speak up please, you're very faint", several times, until I get them shouting (annoys others in the call centre).

"Hang on, I'll put my hearing aid in".

Put 'phone on loudspeaker, lift other receiver off the hook and give them some feedback.
 here's a new one - Duncan
Say "No" and put the phone down.
 here's a new one - Clk Sec
Or, leave the answerphone on and don't pick up. They never leave a message.

Last edited by: Clk Sec on Fri 31 Jan 14 at 06:41
 here's a new one - sherlock47
Dependent on what they are interrupting, I take a public spirited attitude. I keep them talking, on the basis that whilst they are talking to me they cannot disturb anyone else. Obtuse and circular aswers that do not fit into their scripted existence do not necessarily result in a longer call. Some have seemed to get better at recognising me as a timewaster:).

Ultimately the less effective these callers become, the sponsoring organisations will review whether it is worth using them.

My favorite recollection was my answer to a questioner as to where I got my electricity from. Repeated iterations of "From a hole in the wall" seemed to keep them occupied with the thought that senility was the problem,and therefore I was ripe for the taking on a transfer of energy supplier.
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Fri 31 Jan 14 at 07:21
>> Say "No" and put the phone down.
>>

However, very occaisonally (How is that word spelt? No matter what I do the spellcheck doesn't like it, but won't tell me how it should be spelt!) I may engage the caller in conversation. Just chat, ask them where they live, are they married, any children etc, I think that is nice and friendly.
 here's a new one - Dog
>>If they open up with "Windows.....
Just interrupt them and say I am glad you phoned, I have been having trouble with the sealed units on my double glazing and.......
They seem to loose interest.

hehe! - I likes that but, it's lose interest ov coarse.

:}
 here's a new one - Clk Sec
>>(How is that word spelt? No matter what I do the spellcheck doesn't like it,

Occasionally.

I guess you've already tried right clicking your mouse directly after the the last letter...
>> >>(How is that word spelt? No matter what I do the spellcheck doesn't like it,
>>
>>
>> Occasionally.
>>
>> I guess you've already tried right clicking your mouse directly after the the last letter...
>>

Well, as Granny said - we learn something new every day!
 here's a new one - Dog
>>occasionally

Using IE (latest version) that word is/was corrected automatically without me doing a fing.
 here's a new one - Zero
>
>>
>> Well, as Granny said - we learn something new every day!

As Homer Simpson said "DOH! - the new stuff is pushing the old stuff out"
 here's a new one - henry k
>>hehe! - I likes that but, it's lose interest ov coarse.

They don't make spool chockers like the bold days :-)
 ATTN: Important notification - Dog
Important notification from HM Revenue & Customs

Dear Mad Dog, our system registered an unpaid invoice
Due to an unpaid invoice registered in our system,we recommend you to pay it in full to avoid legal actions.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please check attached file for more detailed information.

The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important for us. If you have any questions, please either call the toll-free customer service phone number

Copyright � 2014 All rights reserved.

ATTN: Important notification - henry k
A really international variation.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-26012779

An Indian villager recently travelled more than a thousand miles to the BBC office in Delhi in an unusual quest - to claim millions of rupees he believed he had won in a "BBC lottery".
Ratan Kumar Malbisoi, a 41-year-old unemployed Indian villager, fell for a message he received on his mobile phone nearly two years ago.
"The message said I had won the BBC's national lottery for 20 or 30 million rupees ($319,000-$478,000; £194,000-£292,000). I was asked to send my details so that they could send me the money," he says.
A poor man, with little formal education, he was unable to fathom that this was a phishing message and that he was being "scammed".
 BREAKING NEWS: Special Report - Dog
EXPOSED: American Mom Makes $9,000/Month From Home And You Won't Believe How She Does It!
FoxNews ready to tell you the story of success!

Full story here

For more news, please go to FoxNews.com and watch Fox News Channel.

More Newsletters | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

©2014 Fox News Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Fox News never sends unsolicited email. You received this email because you requested a subscription to Breaking Alerts from FoxNews.com.

- - - Erm, I didn't actually.
 Me PC's boke....no it aint ! - Ted

Have already had 3 calls this week from Asian voiced people to tell me that my PC was faulty. One said my licence would expiry the day after. SWM answered one and put the phone down. I was at a loose end so kept the other two talking and had a bit of fun running through everything they asked me to do whilst sounding worried. I wasn't at the computer at the time ! We ran through it all and then he asked me what I could see. I said I could see the face of criminal trying to cheat me out of something. He even asked me what the face looked like. ' Ugly ' I said and he put the phone down.

Got a text yesterday from EBay telling me I'd won a £500 voucher for some reason. I had to text back and confirm my identity. Since I never use the Bay I've deleted it. I wonder what they're after ?

HO
 Me PC's boke....no it aint ! - Dog
>> I was at a loose end so kept the other two talking and had a bit of fun running through everything they asked me to do whilst sounding worried. I wasn't at the computer at the time ! We ran through it all and then he asked me what I could see. I said I could see the face of criminal trying to cheat me out of something. He even asked me what the face looked like. ' Ugly ' I said and he put the phone down.

= = = > ROFLOL!
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - Manatee
I actually got a postal 419 letter this week.

My full name and address, minus the second line, are on the letter. I do wonder where that came from.

Posted in Tshanwe (Pretoria), South Africa with a stamp and everything.

It purports to come from a chap Japan - there is a +81 (Japan) fax number to reply to along with a yahoo.co.jp email.

This gentleman has stumbled on a "floating fund" in an account belonging to a "dead foreigner" who happened to have the same surname as me, who died leaving no heir or will. I am invited to stand as next of kin.

For my assistance in providing an account into which the $18m can be transferred, the writer and his partner are "prepared to part with a good percentage of the entire funds".

Hooray! I won the lottery! - Zero
Attn: Email Account Holder,
Congratulations!! We happily announce to you the draw (#668) of the Euro-Millions, online Sweepstakes promotion held in London-United
Kingdom. Your active e-mail address attached to the World Wide Web computer generated ticket number: B7607545 4139 with reference number
EAAL/JA2C110P7 and Serial number UK5365/3, Batch number ZA87-2PY, drew the Lucky Numbers: 02 04 06 19 39 Lucky Stars 02 07. This
subsequently won you the lottery in the 1st category i.e. matches 6 lucky numbers as jackpot prize. You have therefore been allocated to claim a
total sum of £650,000.00 (Six Hundred and Fifty Thousand British Pounds) in cash is credited to Millionaire Raffle PTX668934. This is from a
total cash prize of £3,900,000.00 Shared amongst the (6) lucky winners in "1st" category.
PRIZE BREAKDOWN
------------------------------------------------------------
Draw 668 Friday 14 February, 2014 (02 04 06 19 39 Lucky Stars 02 07) Lotto -Jackpot for this draw £20,927,566
------------------------------------------------------------
No. of matches No. of winners £s per winner Prize fund
Match 5 + 1 Stars 6 £187,470.20 £562,410.60
Match 5 10 £37,494.00 £37,494.00
Match 4 + 2 Stars 91 £2,060.10 £32,961.60
Match 4 + 1 Star 1,531 £107.10 £35,664.30
Match 4 2,407 £68.10 £35,275.80
Totals 2,821,564 £3,203,209.80
----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------

Additional information Jackpot winner(s) Lucky Dip winners Machine used for draw Ball set used
2 SAPPHIRE 7
This promotion was drawn based on email address as the key identification for setting up online accounts. All valid email addresses in the World
Wide Web Draw used/participants for the online email promotion version were selected randomly via computer balloting from a global website
collaboration with internet companies like eBay, pay pal, liberty reserve, and Google whom also built their systems and based their membership
registration identity on email addresses supporting this computer draw system done by extracted email addresses from over 100,000 unions,
associations, and corporate bodies and affiliated members to the National Lottery website and their advertisers listed online. This Online
promotion takes place via virtual ticket balloting and it is done Bi-annually.
Please note that you’re lucky winning ticket file and number falls within our African booklet representative office in Johannesburg South Africa, as
indicated in your ballot played coupon. In view of this, your (£650,000.00) would be released to you by our payment department in South Africa.
Contact our Fiduciary agents immediately to commence release of your lottery prize by providing details below.
1. Full Name:
2. Age:
3. Sex:
4. Address:
5. Occupation:
6. Email Address:
7. Country of origin:
8. Country of resident:
9. Telephone:
10. Fax Numbers:
For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in
whatever choice you want to claim your prize. Precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program are in place.
Please be warned!!! To file for your claim, please contact our fiduciary agent and provide her with your winning email and details.
Euro-Million Lottery Fiduciary Agents:
(Mrs. Mary Hanks)
Foreign Service Manager (FSM)
#14 Rissik Street, Johannesburg 2001, South Africa…
Tel: +27 61 280 1015
Fax: +27 86 402 7590
E-mail: maryhanks011@msn.com
"Please do not reply back to the senders address or the source email address, this notification is sent automatically via computer virtual notification
to winning email addresses and a response will not be attended by Human but computer" contact the fiduciary agents above "
Yours Faithfully,
Mrs. Dianne Thompson. Online co-coordinator.
EURO-AMERICAN ASIA INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY.
Copyright (c) 1994-2014 The UK Lottery International Promotion Inc.
All rights reserved. Terms of Service -Guideline.
 Hooray! I won the lottery! - bathtub tom
>>For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in
whatever choice you want to claim your prize. Precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program are in place.

No, you've blown it. We can all claim it now you've given us the details.
 Hooray! I won the lottery! - Zero
good luck with that.
 And people actually fall for this stuff?? - No FM2R
I am Dr. David Ellis Director of World Fund Management and reconciliation. I decided to contact you because of the prevailing financial report reaching my office in London

This is to inform you about our plan to send your fund to you via cash delivery system; this system will be easier for you and for us. We are going to send your payment of US$7.3 Million to you via courier service. I have secured every needed document to cover this fund.

Note: This fund is coming in 2 security proof boxes which are sealed with Synthetic nylon seal and padded with machine. I will use my position to release this fund to you.

The boxes are coming with a Courier agent who will deliver them to you at your home address.

All you need to do now is reconfirm the following information:

1. Name in full:.
2. Address:......
3. Nationality:..
4. Age/Sex :.....
5. Occupation:...
6. Phone/Cell:..
7. Country:....

Note: The Agent does not know the contents in these boxes, the content was declared to him as Sensitive Photographic Film Materials.

I will secure the clearance Certificate that will be tagged on the boxes which I will dispatch along with the security inner Keys of the consignments to enable you access them as soon as they are delivered to you.

Best Regards,
Dr. David Ellis
(+44 703 191 6432
 And people actually fall for this stuff?? - Dog
>>And people actually fall for this stuff??

It sounds reel to me.
 And people actually fall for this stuff?? - Crankcase
But if you don't do something that I'm unclear about, apparently this happens. Whatever it is. It turned up in my spam filter a day or two ago. I'm awaiting the "scuffles" avidly.

------------------

Attention:

You are to contact the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Washington, D.C to obtain your Clearance Certificate, find below their contact information's:

Contact Person: Ivan Fong
General Counsel U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Email: ivan-fong@qq.com
Washington DC Mailing Address U.S. Department of Homeland Security Washington, D.C. 20528.

Ensure you contact (DHS) with your Full Name, Address and phone number/cell number.
Contact the DHS via Email with the information above immediately, once you contact them I will get back to you or else I will have an agent come visit you at home for questioning.

Furthermore, be advised that according to the United State Law together with the Federal Bureau of Investigation rules and regulations, you are to obtain the document from the DHS. Also note that you are to take care of the cost of the Clearance Certificate, which will be issued in your name. Due to the content of the Clearance Certificate and how important and secured the document is, you as the beneficiary will send the DHS the sum of $350 Dollars only for the issuing of the Clearance Certificate. That is the lay down rules for the DHS to release such sensitive document; DHS will issue you the authentic and original copy of the Clearance Certificate with a seal on it for verification and approval.

You are hereby advised to Contact them through the email address above to make an inquiry concerning how you will send the official fee to them. Note that you are to observe this immediately, if you really want your funds to be credited to your personal bank account and to avoid any legal battle with the security operatives over this matter. We have already informed the DHS about the present situation go ahead and contact them immediately.
Your funds are under our custody and will not be released to you unless the required document is confirmed, after that the fund will be release to you immediately without any delay.

NOTE: We have asked for the above document to make available the most completed and up-to date records possible for no criminal justice purposes. The documents will clarify the intensity of this fund; exonerate it from money laundry, scam and terrorism.

WARNING: Failure to provide the above requirement in the next 24 hours, legal action will be taken immediately by arresting and detaining you as soon as international court of justice issues a warrant of arrest, if you are found guilty, you will be jailed as terrorism, drug trafficking and money laundering is a serious problem in our community today and the world at large. The F.B.I will not stop at any length in tracking down and prosecuting any criminal who indulges in this criminal act. Nobody is above the law and the law is not a respecter of anybody. We presume you are law abiding and would not want to have scuffles with the authority, in and outside of the United States.

We are charged with the responsibility of implementing legal norms and our authority is irrevocable so don't dare dispute our instruction, just act as instructed. The person you know will not help you in this matter rather abide by this instruction. The funds in question were deposited by those people that contacted you.

Note: You are to contact DHS with your full names, phone number/cell number and full address via the email which I stated above immediately, for the processing of your Clearance Certificate within the next 48 hours.

Faithfully Yours
Robert Mueller
 And people actually fall for this stuff?? - Ted

Could go legit as a talented comedy scriptwriter !

HO
 And people actually fall for this stuff?? - Roger.
These scammers could at least learn to write in English!
>>Could go legit as a talented comedy scriptwriter !

It could be made into a monster, if we all pulled together as a team.
Sorry old chum. There's no I in team.
I'd never heard that saying before and had to ask wifey to explain it to me :)
Well, we got there through teamwork.

My teamwork.

And people actually fall for this stuff?? - Fullchat
'There's no I in team'

There is a 'me' though :)
 And people actually fall for this stuff?? - swiss tony
>> Sorry old chum. There's no I in team.
>>

Well.... in fact there is!!!

blueprintbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/There-is-an-I-in-TEAM.png
:+)
 And people actually fall for this stuff?? - hjd
I am colonel Al-Kurdi Malik, A Syrian Citizen, I am the leader of the free Syria Army (FSA), My purpose of writing this massage to you is because i want to have a personal discussion with you, please contact me on my private email address: colonelalkurdimalik1@gmail.com This will enable our conversation confidential and secret as you know my identityhas to be protected. Best Regards, Colonel Al-Kurdi Malik

I can hardly wait for the promised massage...
 Tax refund - Dog
HM Revenue (reve.return@hmrc.gov.uk)

Dear Mr Mug,
We have detected that you have paid too much tax in the past, due to an official error.
Therefore HMRC applied ESC B41 to issue a repayment for tax years which are now
out of date under the strict statute.

Reclaim your overpaid tax
Please completely fill out the form above. Accurate information is necessary so that we
may process your request faster.

----------

2014 � Crown Copyright (Personal and Corporate Tax Refund Center PCTRC) All rights reserved.
 Tax refund - Slidingpillar
I had one of these this morning too. Oddly, nothing was attached so I could not see what the spammers were trying.
 Tax refund - Fenlander
My 17yr old daughter received one of these by email on her iPhone last week. She has just started a job and is expecting a tax refund so, were she less sensible with security, this could have easily caught her. The attachment was a genuine looking gov tax form but the giveaway was them asking for bank/card/pin/password/mothers maiden name etc .
 Caller Preference Service (CPS) - bathtub tom
Had a call from these people, came up as 'number withheld'! I understand they flog you a bit of kit that they claim can block numbers. It seems to just block all international calls and you end up with a monthly subscription of £80.

I kept making the right noises until I got bored and then asked if would stop calls from them.

They got quite angry
 Caller Preference Service (CPS) - Roger.
I had two calls on my mobile within 10 minutes of each other(switched on for the first time for ages).
Each blathered on about a refund and asked me to press keypad number5
Number withheld - so I ended the call and turned off the phone.
How do they make money by a press on 5?
 Caller Preference Service (CPS) - bathtub tom
>>How do they make money by a press on 5?

It means you initiate the returned call and can be charged at a premium rate.
 They're busy today - bathtub tom
I've just had another, asking if I've ever worked in a noisy environment that could have possibly damaged my hearing.

They're just asking to be set up, told them my name was Staveley - I heard that, pardon?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfWr9JNUWfg

Think it went over their head.
 They're busy today - Crankcase
That wasn't very young executive of you, but that is going back a bit!
 They're busy today - Roger.

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
FROM THE DESK OF:
DR. SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI
EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR,
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN)
email: drsanusilamidosanusi205@hotmail.com
TEL/FAX:+234-8103848444

Attention: Beneficiary

Your representative Mr. James Mark was in the Bank today, As a matter
of fact we are going to work according to your instruction since He is
ready to pay the $285 on your behalf for the transfer charges, but why we
needed you to respond back before we release your scam victim compensation
of $3,000,000.00 dollars to Him, he gave us an account in Malaysia.
Here is the new Bank Information we received from Him today.

HSBC BANK MALAYSIA.
ACCOUNT NUMBER 29876539876.
Rutting number code 82390
ACCOUNT NAME JAMES MARK.

Please confirm this so that we will finalize your transaction today since
he told us that you gave him $285 to pay on your behalf, Please see the
scanned copy of his international passport just to confirm, and please
here is the Central Bank Website to enable you know that you have the real
Central Bank Of Nigeria Thank God that after all your surfer it is now well with
you, looking forward to make the transfer today.

We await your immediate response via email.

Yours faithfully.

Dr. Sanusi Lamido Aminu Sanusi,
Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN.
Tel: +234-8103848444
email: drsanusilamidosanusi205@hotmail.com
 They're busy today - Dog
=>Thank God that after all your surfer it is now well with you,

A bod from Newquay I'll wager.
 They're busy today - Roger.
I particularly like the "rutting number" :-)
 They're busy today - Ted

I'd like a rutting number as well, but it'd have to be a lower than 82K.......I ain't gonna live that long !

The man who put the ' anus ' in Sanusi !
 busy indeed - borasport
5 of these in the inbox today - big gift card that won't go through the letterbox - and oh, yes, it was addressed to 'fool' !

Dear fool,

----------

You Purchased:
Amazon.co.uk 250 £ Gift Card - In a Gift Box - FREE One-Day Delivery

by Amazon U.K
Estimated delivery date: 24 March 2014

Your Parcel has arrived at the post office on March 25. Our courier was unable to deliver
the parcel to your address on March 24 at 12:46 PM.
To receive a parcel you must fill in the Amazon redelivery form attached.

Thank you for your attention.
----------

If you have questions regarding a transaction, we advise you to check with your seller for details.
To view your latest transactions, go to Your Account.

Copyright 2014 Amazon.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

busy indeed - Slidingpillar
I feel depraved deprived as I only got two...
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Tue 25 Mar 14 at 19:12
 busy indeed - Ted

Today's EMail gem......

alert@rbls-uk.co.uk

12:11 (1 hour ago)

to me

On 24 March 2014, our systems detected some invalid attempts on your account which lead to account suspension.

We need to confirm some of your information.

Solve this issue right now: Confirm Identity!

R.B.S.UK.

Just one more thing to worry about !
 busy indeed - Fenlander
Despite the huge amount of these scams about very rare for me to know anyone affected....

Daughter visits a friend at friend's Uni this week and when they wake up next am friend receives an email then says we have to go down to the post office asap as I need to send £50 by Western union so a Kindle I sold on Ebay to Nigeria can clear customs.

My daughter asks to see all the transaction mails and has the task of explaining this girl has been scammed.

She had put Kindle on Ebay for £100 which sold within 2hrs. Buyer offers to pay extra £50 for it to be sent to Nigeria, seller agrees as it will actually only cost about £20 extra. "Paypal" email arrives saying funds received from buyer and they will be released as soon as a tracking number is given to them.

Seller posts Kindle, provides tracking number and then receives "Paypal" mail saying she has the money... but doesn't bother to check her account. Next morning receives mail asking for customs clearance fee which it claims will be refunded on item receipt... at which point daughter points out the scam.

Amazing folks fall for it.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Thu 3 Apr 14 at 12:07
 Your postal label is available - Dog
Royal Mail Service (support@brooksmail.com)

Royal Mail Notification,

Our Driver was unable to deliver the parcel to your address.

Please print out the shipping label attached and collect the package at our office.

Thank you.
Royal Mail Logistics.

Royal Mail Group Ltd 2014. All rights reserved

One stock. Five times your principal. - Dog
My dear fellow investor when is the last time you actually made a few bucks in the market?

With this bull pattern going on it is hard to find a winner that will stand out and actually produce gains that are above average.

Not only do I believe that I've found a solid company but I am certain that I've found the next company that will quintuple in a heart beat.

RCHA is set to take the world by storm and this little pharmaceutical company should soar from current levels of 20 cents to over a dollar this coming week.

If you don't believe me just watch where it goes on Monday and I promise you, you will want to buy as much as you can to make sure you catch this rocket before it takes off. I expect to see it nearly double on Monday alone. God knows how high and how fast RCHA will go from there on.
 Natwest phishing! - Roger.
Dear Valued Customer,

Our records shows that your NatWest Credit Card Online Services security details was recently changed on Tuesday, April 07, 2014 at 09:27:42 AM. Please confirm that this request was made by you.

Yes, I made this request.

No, I did not make this request.

Best wishes

David Lampard
Head of Credit Cards

Click here to Reply or Forward

(Never had a NatWEst card!)
 Natwest phishing! - Ted

Another one this morning while I was enjoying my Weetybangs and coffee.

" I'm from Microsoft and your computer is faulty " Asian gentleman as usual.
Unfortunately, I sniggered loudly and he put the phone down before I was able to go into my repertoire !

Might be the way to get rid of them in future...although I do enjoy winding them up if I'm at a loose end .
 Natwest phishing! - Bromptonaut
>> " I'm from Microsoft and your computer is faulty " Asian gentleman as usual.
>> Unfortunately, I sniggered loudly and he put the phone down before I was able to
>> go into my repertoire !

I've yet to have one of these but look forward to asking them to tell me which computer is faulty. Even without having offspring at home or playing about too much it wouldn't be difficult to 'assume' 4+ Windows devices on my connection
 Natwest phishing! - bathtub tom
They must do it in batches.

I had one yesterday. Kept them going for twenty minutes with my 'computer upstairs and corded phone downstairs' routine.
 Natwest phishing! - Dog
Dear new friend,

I am a Chinese girl, 20 years old and will like to need your advice over my parents’ property. My father and mother are Chinese. They own two big businesses, one is an electronics warehouse in China and another one is a garment factory in Cambodia.

Recently, my parents are still missing in Malaysian airplane because they were flying back to Beijing to celebrate their 28th anniversary of marriage.

Now I am studying business management in Cambodia and I hope I will be helping my father’s business after my studies. But after hearing this big shock for me about the missing airplane so I want to sell my father’s garment factory in Cambodia. Because of instability in garment business in Cambodia, I decided to sell this factory $23,000,000.00 but the government agreed to pay me US$17,000,000.00 out of money after deducting salaries for factory workers, environmental damages and other costs.

I really need a guardian to help me to manage this big amount of money and the warehouse in China as I am just a university student. I want to move out of this country and start refresh in a new country with you. Please reply me back if you interested to assist me as guardian over managing my fortune.

After I receive your caring and supportive reply, we will talk more in details to make things work faster for both of us.

Sincerely,

Zhang
 System Administrator Team - Dog
Your two incoming mails were placed on pending status due to the recent upgrade in our database, In order to receive the messages kindly: click here and Login with your correct Webmail information's and wait for responds from our date base service.

We apologize for any inconvenience and do appreciate your understanding.
Regards,
System Administrator Team
 Spam or not? - Pat
>>Hi

You may have seen an email from us regarding our new MECH5 cloud based car diagnostic system over the last week or so. I would appreciate a moment of your time to explain what we are trying to achieve.

Maverick and DEC (the Superscan development company), have teamed up to form a new company called Nebula Systems Ltd., and we have launched a KickStarter campaign to try and raise funds in a new and innovative way.

Why Do We Need The Money?

Because we are creating MECH5, an incredible new type of diagnostic platform! Basically, we are taking all the Superscan's advanced diagnostic capabilities and putting them in The Cloud, and we need additional resources to finish the job.

MECH5, as a Cloud based system, has massive benefits to Professional and Enthusiast mechanics and you can read all about them below and on our KickStarter page:

MECH5 will:

Work on Windows, Android or Apple iOS
Work on Smartphones, tablets or PC/laptops
Work with Superscan 2 & 3, as well as J2534 Pass Thru scantools
Work with inexpensive OBD dongles (i.e ELM327, OBDLink, Kiwi, etc.)
Enable you to remotely diagnose your customer’s vehicles
Integrate with MechNet and 3rd Party Technical Information systems
Have additional Manufacturer Coverage
And much more!
We are also planning many other innovations like collaboration with Chip Tuning companies to supply their engine upgrades via MECH5 and SCAN5 hardware!
But we need your support to finish the Job! So this campaign is to allow you to get in early on the ground floor of an innovation, at an extremely discounted price

And please remember: only 15 days to go as our campaign ends on 20th June!!

How does KickStarter work and How Can I Help?

Its a website where individuals or companies lay out their ideas in a Video and Project page and, if people like them, they can back the project by pledging an amount of cash in exchange for a reward.

Only if and when the project reaches its goal target, £50K in our case, are the backers funds taken from their credit cards. It´s an ALL or NOTHING approach. If we don't reach our goal, we don't get a penny of your pledge and your credit card is never charged.

If we do reach our goal, then we have the resources to finish our development of MECH5 and our backers get to access the very first release of the system at a very discounted price!

How do I Pledge Support?

To support us, all you need to do is choose the Pledge Level on the Right Hand Side of our KickStarter page, click on it, register your details and credit card and that's it!

In our case we offer our backers rewards that include different subscriptions to MECH5. For example: Standard Service at £10, or Standard Service + SCAN5 (our new mini hardware) at £75.

You can read all about how KickStarter works here: www.kickstarter.com/hello?ref=footer

or just go to www.kickstarter.com/projects/nebulasystems/mech5-vehicle-diagnostics-for-everyone and pledge your support!

So, now you know how all this works, please try and support us to create a completely new diagnostics platform in The Cloud and join the Connected Car Revolution!!

And please remember: only 15 days to go as our campaign ends on 20th June!!

Thanks very much

Best regards

Andrew Steer
Roman Di Lullo
Nebula Systems, Maverick Technology and DEC

You have been sent this email as you have previously indicated you would like to receive information from Maverick Technology. If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletters, please click HERE to send an automatic UNSUBSCRIBE email
<<

Pat
 Spam or not? - Fenlander
Well spam perhaps but not scam as such. Kickstarter is the largest legit crowdfunding organisation in the world. Like all investments it's risky but at least they protect you to a degree as your funds aren't taken until they have promises in to a total that enables the project to go ahead. Many recent films have been made using Kickstarter. I know they've had at least one project pulled before anyone lost money as Kickstarter realised it was a scam.
 Spam or not? - bathtub tom
International company has recently made plans to expand it’s team on the United Kingdom market. We are currently hiring Customer Service Manager for a Part-time position.
Due to increased client demand we will be opening 2 new offices in the United Kingdom within the next 6 months.

Our corporation is a customer driven and employee focused company because we believe our corporate success lies in the success of both our customers and our employees.
The employee will be responsible for understanding customers’ needs and exceeding their expectations as well as supporting the sales team and its operations.
NO EXPERIENCE required. We offer compensation up to 5200 GBP a month.

Benefits Include:
- Rapid advancement opportunity
- Dental Insurance
- Paid training
- Work in an exciting environment
The Customer Service Manager is primarily answerable for maintainingcorporation customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of corporation products and programs and by management of team members within the Customer Service Department.
Please, reply back if you are interested in doing this job. Our Human resources manager will reply you in 24 hours with further job description.
Sincerely yours,
Sylvester Hisako

Spam or not? - Manatee
Not obvious how it works but I'm sure it will involve sending some money or calling a very expensive number.
 Spam or not? - devonite
Spam!

>>The Customer Service Manager is primarily answerable for maintainingcorporation customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of corporation products and programs and by management of team members within the Customer Service Department.

>>NO EXPERIENCE required

Must be one heck of a "Training Package" for a "Part-time" position! -Why is it part-time? who's doing the "other" times? - good pay as well!
 Spam or not? - Haywain
Yes - but I'm tempted by the dental insurance; my teeth currently cost more to run than my car ;-)
 Spam or not? - Crankcase
Today's little treat in my mail.

What's worrying about these things is the strong temptation to reply and say no, look that was never going to work, but if you fixed this bit of grammar, and altered that sentence just so, it would be much more convincing.

And then you become the spammer.

------------------

U.S. Customs And Border Protection
Office of Border Patrol
Ronald Reagan Building, Washington, D.C.
From The Desk of: Michael J. Fisher
Chief of the Border Patrol

Attention: Beneficiary

I am pleased to inform you that your ATM Card worth Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars (US$10.5m) sent from Nigeria as part of your overdue payment/funds was returned to our office last week from Atlanta, Georgia where it was held due to one unavailable document. According to the information reaching my desk today, the ATM Card was returned due to your failure to pay the necessary charges required by the delivery company to enable it pass through the security agency.

However, after due investigation was conducted, I found out that your ATM Card was stopped and delay unnecessarily. Georgia office told us that your ATM Card has no INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY PERMIT, that was why you were told to pay huge amount of money which you did not pay. But after further investigation, it was very clear that your ATM Card has the INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY PERMIT attached to it therefore you are no longer required to pay the money you were asked to pay. Now the only money you are required to pay by this honorable is $90 only billed for NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE to clear your file and receive your ATM Card devoid further hitches/ hullabaloo. Note that they will process the CUSTOMS CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE and send it to us as soon as you send the money to them to enable us release your ATM Card.

Kindly reconfirm your full name, preferred delivery address and direct/cell phone number as requested above so that your ATM Card will be dispatched to your preferred address immediately you send the fee to them without any delay. If you still have interest in receiving your ATM Card, go ahead and send the fee with the above stated information then fill in the above requested details.

Be rest assured that your ATM card will be dispatched to the address you provided as soon as you send the fee for the document. Secondly, be rest assured that there will be no delay on your ATM card delivery after you send the money and the clearance document is being issued in your name by the NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE AUTHORITY.

For more information about me, kindly visit our website. www.cbp.gov/about/leadership/assistant-commissioners-office/border-patrol

You can also contact me here fisher.j.michael@foxmail.com

Awaiting your timely response with the above stated details.

Regards,

Michael J. Fisher
 PARTNERSHIP NEEDED - swiss tony
RESPOND TO YOUR MASSAGE( CONTACT DHL DELIVERY FOR THE PACKAGE)

GOOD DAY TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

I am sure this mail will be coming to you as a surprise since we have never met before and you will also be asking why I have decided to chose you among the numerous internet users in the world, precisely I cannot say why I have chosen you but do not be worried for I come in peace and something very positive is about to happen to your life right now and to the lives of others through you if only you can carefully read and digest the message below. The internet has made the world a global village where you can reach anybody you have not met before.

Before I move further, permit me to give you a little of my biography, I am Mother Jane milne Robert, 72 Years old woman and the wife of Late Sir Moses Anna who died in a Plane crash on Monday the 7th of September 1999 GMT 14:22 UK while they were flying from New York to Geneva. Please see site below for more information.
www.cnn.com/WORLD/9809/swissair.victims.list/index.html

After the death of my husband I became the Head of his investment and now that I am old and weak I have decided to spend the rest of my life with my family and loved ones whom I never had time for during the course of my business life, but before the death of my husband we had a plan to use the last days of our lives to donate half of what we have worked for to the less privilege and charity homes and the other half for ourselves, family members and close friends, and it is so unfortunate that my husband is not alive today to do this with me and I am very weak and old now, hence I have decided to do this philanthropic work on behalf of my late husband and I.

Presently, I have willed out almost half of our assets to several charity homes and to some of the less privilege in different countries.
Despite the agreement between my late husband and I to give aid to the deprived, we also agreed to render support to an individual we have not meet before in life due to the fact when we were still young in life we receive an anonymous help from an individual we did not know and which we have not being able to know or met again till date, the impact we got from such gestsure made us want to do same.

I am sorry to inform you that you will never have the chance to know me because I have just concluded the assignment which my husband and I have agreed upon before his sudden death and you happened to be the beneficiary of our last WILL, irrespective of your previous financial status, hence I need you to do me a favor by accepting our offer that will cost you nothing.

I have presently deposited a Cheque in the sum of $3.5million with DHL express to deliver to you when i visited west Africa to conclude some unfinished transaction and investment on behalf of my late husband,So i have contacted the ATTORNEY in charge of the deposited cheque which i left there so that he can go to the DHL delivery company there to know when they will deliver the cheque package to you because of the expiring date.

For your information, I have paid for the delivering Charge, Insurance Premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the Cheque showing that it is not a Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist attack in your Country

You have to contact the DHL COURIER SERVICE now for the delivery of your cheque with this information bellow;

dhl address: DHL International Nigeria Ltd DHL House ABUZE ABUJA

Contact Person: Dr tony frank

Email:deliveryagent.dhl.24hr@gmail.com

Again, you are not to pay for the delivering Charge, the Insurance premium and the Clearance Certificate Fee of the Cheque because I have already paid for them, the only money you are expected to pay is $120 for the security keeping & intuity fee of the cheque so far.

I would have paid the fee but the company insisted that I should not because they don't know when you will be contacting them and to avoid demurrage or further cost.

You are to reconfirm the below information to them to avoid any mistake on the Delivery.

Your Postal / delivery address;
Your Full Names:
Direct telephone number;

Below is the security keeping code: (FED/0433/SKC) of you draft, you are to also present it to them for verification before delivery.

Let me repeat again, try to contact them as soon as you receive this mail to avoid any further delay and remember to ask them to provide you with the method they wish to use in receiving their security keeping fee of $120 from you, for their immediate action.

Note: Please I do not want you to thank me or my husband all I need you to do is to invest wisely with it and do the same good to someone’s life someday as this is the only way this world would be a better community if we render selfless services to one another.

Be also notified that I will no longer be reading my emails or surfing the internet as I have retired completely from the outside world to my ranch, at this moment I have nothing to do with cars, emails and other luxuries, all further correspondence should be forwarded to the courier company for the delivery of your cheque to you.

Yours Faithfully,
Mrs. Jane Milne Robert
Latest Forum Posts