Non-motoring > Disability Scootering Corner Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 9

Disability Scootering Corner - L'escargot
Well, we've got a Cycling Corner so we ought to have a Disability Scootering Corner.
 Disability Scootering Corner - TheManWithNoName
www.mobility-scooter-solutions.com/pimped-ride.html
 Disability Scootering Corner - Cliff Pope
I'd like to ask the secretary of the DSC why they are called scooters?
 Disability Scootering Corner - crocks
generic.pixmac.com/4/cartoon-character-snail-scooter-illustration-86847468.jpg
 Disability Scootering Corner - Fursty Ferret
Always on the pavements, riding with no care or attention to the law or surroundings and quite often two abreast. When was the last time you saw one with a bell? Lycra (stocking) louts with no helmets.

They should have numberplates and be taxed! One of these days they're going to knock over an elderly person and then what'll they use to get around?! Oh, wait...
 Disability Scootering Corner - Armel Coussine
Of course these things aren't 'scooters'. They are extremely slow, top-heavy go-karts.

If I ever have to have one it will have a modified, widened chassis and be capable of at least 50mph. A chap has his pride.
 Disability Scootering Corner - Runfer D'Hills
Here you go AC...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2D2fP6yBzU

...and for those RWD snow moments...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy5rkw4SeP4
 Disability Scootering Corner - Armel Coussine
Thank you Humph. Definitely something along those lines.

But could you slide it on dry tarmac without rolling it? Needs wide desert racer suspension with long travel for staircases, speed bumps and so on.

At least it's noisy. I was afraid mine might need a small ship's foghorn to clear mimsing pedestrians out of the way. One doesn't want them lulled into a false sense of security with the polite tinkle of a bicycle bell. One doesn't want to share one's pavement with suicidal waddling peds after all. They will be much safer if scared up trees and down front areas in good time.

Heh heh... I mean YEE-hah!
 Disability Scootering Corner - CGNorwich
I'll sign you up for the course AC

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326261/Driving-course-mobility-scooters-puts-pensioners-paces.html
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Thu 23 May 13 at 17:15
 Disability Scootering Corner - Fursty Ferret
>> At least it's noisy. I was afraid mine might need a small ship's foghorn to
>> clear mimsing pedestrians out of the way. One doesn't want them lulled into a false
>> sense of security with the polite tinkle of a bicycle bell.
>>
>> Heh heh... I mean YEE-hah!
>>

www.amazon.co.uk/Dixie-Dukes-Hazard-Musical-Horns/dp/B001JP1F9K

Just for you.
Latest Forum Posts