Non-motoring > just a jiffy Legal Questions
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 18

just a jiffy - zookeeper
I think unilever may have the last word on this story

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22620473
 just a jiffy - Rudedog
When I first saw the headline for this I thought they were talking about the kitchen cleaner!

I'm sure that changed it's name from Jif to Gif for the international market.

Strange that the guy who invented the format says how it should be pronounced and yet others are still arguing the toss.
 just a jiffy - zookeeper
aint it called Cif (pronounced Sif as in a dose of)
 just a jiffy - Zero
Its pronounced Clap? didnt know that.
 just a jiffy - Rudedog
Shows how much I look at the bottle!
 just a jiffy - Slidingpillar
Same as your marathon bar is now a snickers bar...
 just a jiffy - Zero
and your CDM isnt.
 just a jiffy - zookeeper
why they cant leave confectionary alone is beyond me, have you seen the size of wagon wheels now ? everything is smaller these days even the spare in the boot of the car
My pet peeve these days is the size of soap bars. 125g used to be the normal size, but now all seem to be 100g bars. As most folk use a soap bar till it gets too small, you waste more with the smaller size bars.

A few even used to make bigger bars, as bath sized, but I've not found any lately.

At least with a wagon wheel you could eat two!
 just a jiffy - CGNorwich
Didn't think many people bought bars of soap any more but for the traditionalist here you go in the size you like:

www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Fashioned-Carbolic-Soap-125g/dp/B007ZYU6TO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1369260781&sr=8-3&keywords=soap+125g

just a jiffy - L'escargot
>> My pet peeve these days is the size of soap bars. 125g used to be
>> the normal size, but now all seem to be 100g bars. As most folk use
>> a soap bar till it gets too small, you waste more with the smaller size
>> bars.

When a bar of soap gets so thin that it becomes flexible we just press it onto the face of a new bar. No soap gets wasted in our house. I thought everyone did what we do.
 just a jiffy - BobbyG
No bars of soap in our house - every sink has a scooshy bottle of antibacterial something or other and the showers are full of all sorts of concoctions of gels, cremes etc - but no bars!
 just a jiffy - Runfer D'Hills
Would think you'd need an industrial sized jar of Swarfega in the shower for your feet.
 just a jiffy - BobbyG
I will keep lining them up for you Humph...........
Thanks Bobby, but do it downwind if you don't mind.
 just a jiffy - Mike Hannon
When I was an apprentice printer nearly 50 years ago we washed our hands with carbolic soap. One of my jobs, as the youngest 'devil', was to cut up the bars of carbolic into 'ordinary' size pieces, then cut off the corners so the compositors didn't hurt their sensitive hands.
We used carbolic right up until 1983 when we were overtaken by the computer age and moved into a brand new 'studio' with an up-to-date washroom with soap dispensers. I'll never forget when we were shown around the new facilities and the works manager demonstrated the dispenser. He said 'look - a quick flick of the wrist and et voila!' which was a sudden handful of a jelly-like substance. He couldn't figure out why we all fell about laughing.
 just a jiffy - movilogo
Strage that I always pronounced it as jif anyway and everybody understood it.

When a bar of soap gets so thin that it becomes flexible we just press it onto the face of a new bar. No soap gets wasted in our house. I thought everyone did what we do.
I end up with a little rounded bit - which refuses to stick to a new bar.
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Thu 23 May 13 at 15:49
Mine always ends up flat and thin. You must be doing something different with yours.

Don't tell us if it's, well, y'know, embarrassing. No big deal sort of thing. Each to their own and all that, nothing to see here, move on...

:-)
Latest Forum Posts