Non-motoring > NOW TV: hardly a bargain Miscellaneous
Thread Author: WillDeBeest Replies: 3

NOW TV: hardly a bargain - WillDeBeest
I found this app on offer on my PS3 and installed it out of curiosity. The promise is of 'unlimited movies and on-demand Sky Sports' - could it be the answer to my lack of live cricket and unreliable Channel Five via Freesat?

Er, no. The unlimited movies could be mine for a monthly subscription of £8.99 - not a problem if I didn't already subscribe to a DVD service whose products I seldom have time to watch. But on-demand sport comes at a price of £9.99. A day.

So it's back to making do, or looking out for a more tempting special offer through the satellite dish, or hoping BT improves its BT Sports loss leader with something more appealing than football. The Ashes series doesn't start till July, so I have a bit of time to think.
 NOW TV: hardly a bargain - Stuartli
Do you have Sky TV? If so, have a look at Sky Go.

go.sky.com/vod/page/default/home.do
 NOW TV: hardly a bargain - WillDeBeest
No, and if I did - and was paying Uncle Rupe £42 a month for the privilege - I'd have no need of on-demand content. Cricket - and possibly some of Sky Atlantic - is all Sky has that I want, but I miss it enough to swallow a certain amount of principle if the price is tolerable.

Yesterday I discovered that BT will give me Sky Sports 1 over Freeview for £15 a month, plus £5 for their BT TV Essential service, which includes a Freeview recorder. That seems more like it, although I'd need to satisfy myself that the post-switchover Freeview signal here is adequate; the pre-switchover one certainly wasn't. Best option yet, though, I think.
 NOW TV: hardly a bargain - rtj70
Whilst away an email from BT suggested I qualify for free BT Sport because I have BT Broadband.... thought I'd end up needing a BT Vision box (and the electricity and extra complexity). Seems I'll get it via the Sky box for free. I'll find out when the channel launches I guess - unless something is on ESPN which the deal covered too.

Just trying to get Sky's Go Extra for a deal.....paying less than we did with Virgin but had extra boxes back in 2009. And broadband better with BT (faster uploads).
Latest Forum Posts