Non-motoring > Music that's out of this world Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 24

Music that's out of this world - TheManWithNoName
Even if you don't like the song, the images are amazing.

Enjoy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo
 Music that's out of this world - Dog
Neat.
 Music that's out of this world - MD
Neater than neat Perro.
 Music that's out of this world - Dog
I was thinking 'neat' as in www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5S39c88nIM

The actor who played the thicko part used to say it - Mr Z would have cottoned on, I'll wager.
 Music that's out of this world - MD
Neat Eric was the saying as I recall. Well that took me back to happier times Doggo. Must catch up too on Alf Garnett et al, oh! and Love they Neighbour. Hey hey.

Better get orf to collar now. No point sitting here enjoying myself. Ta ta for now......
 Music that's out of this world - Crankcase
I thought this was going to be the Nasa Space Sounds, which I've listened to many a time. Sometimes they are relaxing and sometimes they're a bit creepy, in my view, for some reason.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MmWeZHsQzs

The album is on Spotify (and probably all the other places you'd expect).

Music that's out of this world - RattleandSmoke
Brilliant, I bet Bowie never imagined his song would be sang from Space! Chris Hadfield is simply a genius, but then I guess to get to go to space in the first place you have to be!
 Music that's out of this world - Zero
He should have stuck to photography.
Is there anything you don't have to be miserable about Zero?
Err thats rich coming from a drain hole gazer like you. And with rubbish taste in music to boot.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 6 Jun 13 at 01:14
I assume you are referring to my love of Morrissey and the Smiths? Well you are entitled to your own opinion about music tastes and I am entitled to mine.
"Heavens knows you're miserable now."
 Music that's out of this world - No FM2R
"I Just Want to See the Boy Happy"
That is the irony people don't get. To me Morrissey's lyrics are mostly not miserable and are just mickey takes. If they ever play there is a light for example in clubs the crowd always goes mad for it, yet the song is about death but he makes the subject of death a happy one.

"If a double decker bus, crashes into us, to die by your side is a heavenly way to die"

Maybe it is just a manc thing I don't know.

But back on topic, I still believe that Bowie started most of the alternative music scene we have to today. He is truly unique and I would love to see him one day.
"What Difference Does It Make?"
 Music that's out of this world - Alanovich
The only time I was ever tempted to leave Reading Festival early was when Morrissey was headlining. Thank the sun and the stars for the alternative stages.
 Music that's out of this world - Londoner
>> I assume you are referring to my love of Morrissey and the Smiths? Well you
>> are entitled to your own opinion about music tastes and I am entitled to mine.
>>
Why did this post get a scowly?

It must be one of the most inoffensive and reasonable posts that I've ever seen!
>>Why did this post get a scowly?

Who knows?

I suspect that somebody just trawls through putting them in various places. Its surprising how often a post receives a scowly, and how rarely it receives more than 2.

So I'd guess that for the most part its one or two people doing it all over the place.

I've seen some damned annoying and even infuriating stuff in here, but I don't think I've actually ever seen anything offensive.
 Music that's out of this world - Armel Coussine
>> He should have stuck to photography.

I've always been indifferent verging on hostile to David Bowie. But the Canuck astronaut's version sounds pretty decent to me.

Never thought you had a tin ear Zero. Perhaps you haven't and I have. But no, that's out of the question.
 Music that's out of this world - Alanovich
Bowie may have been an original in the 70s, but I reckon that was more luck than judgement. Everything he's done since has ridden on the coat tails of others.
I think Bowie is a great musician and I love some of his songs, but I'm not sure he started or lead anything music oriented.

Mind you, I don't think he deliberately rode on any coat tails, more was just part of something.

And I;m not sure he can be forgiven for the Laughing Gnome (not you, Zero).
Bowie has managed to reinvent himself repeatedly, and had a prodigious output of music, some brilliance which hit the bullseye, and some of it as bad as this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQxTWDLZ8o

even worse this

www.funnyordie.com/videos/82dcbb45c7/bing-crosby-david-bowie-the-little-drummer-boy-peace-on-earth

and he can never be forgiven for coming out with this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtsV50_-p4

Edit so a curates egg describes it, and snap with Mark.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 17 May 13 at 14:37
 Music that's out of this world - AnotherJohnH
His pictures are special:

one for dog -

twitter.com/Cmdr_Hadfield/status/326670699244703746/photo/1

one to worry rattle -

twitter.com/Cmdr_Hadfield/status/328920180241596417/photo/1
 RIP Trevor Bolder - Fullchat
A very close neighbour and friend Trevor Bolder lost his battle last night with pancreatic cancer. Trevor was a well respected base guitarist and was part of Spiders from Mars - Bowie's backing group. He has since played with Wishbone Ash and Uriah Heap.
It only seem like yesterday when Bowie indicated a bit of a come back that I was joking about his pension being sorted. We never did get out for that bike ride.

news.sky.com/story/1094016/trevor-bolder-bowie-pays-tribute-to-bassist
 RIP Trevor Bolder - R.P.
Another Bowie cover - probably even more bizzare than the Space guy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ZtpYfNq74
Latest Forum Posts