Non-motoring > The Drive.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 8

The Drive.... - No FM2R

"The paving is being delivered at the moment, but with all the bad weather we have had it might be a little while for the builders to get started. They tend to only work weekends at the moment, but with their reputation they are worth the wait."

That must be some bad weather, its been going on for years.

Will it ever happen? At the very least it would be useful to be able to post pictures for reference at times.
 The Drive.... - swiss tony
I heard that the builders were told to move their caravans off the common...
They haven't been seen since.
 The Drive.... - No FM2R
I'm guessing that's a "no" then.
 The Drive.... - MD
This Builder is pretty quiet at the moment.
 The Drive.... - Runfer D'Hills
You could come and do my drive if you want Martin. I can't find anyone round here ( reputable anyway ) who can do it this century. Cheshire might be a bit far though if you had to nip home to let the dog out...

:-)
 The Drive.... - car4play
Well, cough cough, hopefully sometime this year.

I got waylaid on a complete rewrite of our iPages ecommerce website system. It has only taken 2 years and around 250K lines of code.
Last year also we moved over to VMware on a SAN box for all our servers.
We have practically finished the rewrite and a few sites are now rolling out in it. It will take a couple of months to iron out bugs and make amends as it gets used.

I think the easiest way forward for this site is to base it on the same iPages system with a whole pile of modules to make it do the car stuff. Essentially the forum software will be replaced by a threaded commenting system which can be attached to whatever we want - topics, photos events etc. The commenting (read reviews) is already going into our iPages system so this will not need much adjusting to make it work here.
In essence the work done so far in iPages will be recycled here.
 The Drive.... - crocks
We are all being encouraged to use recycled material in construction now.
So plenty of green brownie points for you!
 The Drive.... - FocalPoint
Presumably the consultancy team recruited from members of c4p is now officially redundant - as it has effectively been for some time.
 The Drive.... - Pat
Over a year, I think FP ;)

Pat
Latest Forum Posts