Non-motoring > Boston: How internet detectives got it very wrong Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 3

Boston: How internet detectives got it very wrong - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22214511

After hours of chatter and speculation, the standout suspect identified - and named - was the wrong man.

Boston: How internet detectives got it very wrong - Woodster
I just read that too. First reaction is that so many people are going to do exactly what's described and make all sorts of biased, ill-informed judgements. BUT, there's also the possibility that people who apparently have the time just might come up with something useful. I suppose the acid test is whether or not they identified the suspects - I only scanned the piece - did anyone identify them as possibles?
 Boston: How internet detectives got it very wrong - -
Difficult one, i imagine in such a case the old bill would appreciate the help if some eagle eyed amateur spotted something they missed and helped prevent a real bad un from legging it.

Does have its downside though when names get bandied about, no smoke without fire etc, innocent people could have their lives blighted forever, think operation Yewtree.

Boston: How internet detectives got it very wrong - Zero
nope, not on that site, FBI spotted the real perps. Mostly because they did it in a methodical experienced way from known sources, unlike the social sherlock holmes site!
Latest Forum Posts