Non-motoring > New power screw driver Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 22

New power screw driver - Ted

Noticed this tool being offered, does anyone else find this just a tad disturbing with today's climate of lawlessness ?

www.menkind.co.uk/gifts-gadgets-c112/tech-gadgets-c20/multi-tools-c59/drill-gun-power-screwdriver-p115249

A quick paint job from a black rattle can and you have what looks like a very convincing weapon for that occasional bank job.

Ideal for dealing with road-ragers, though. Although I suppose you might just risk being tugged later in your journey by the armed response team !

Ted
 New power screw driver - sherlock47
Since the Met managed to shoot someone carrying a chair leg, the best advice is do not carry one of these in public!
 New power screw driver - Old Navy
You would have to be very brave or incredibly stupid to point one of them at an armed policeman. Bang, bang, Oops, I thought it was real, the lighting was poor.
 New power screw driver - Meldrew
AND tasered a blind man whose stick was mistaken for a samurai sword!
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-19979184
 New power screw driver - Robin O'Reliant
>> AND tasered a blind man whose stick was mistaken for a samurai sword!
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-19979184
>>

All very well to criticise plod for making such mistakes, but in a split second you have to decide whether the object someone is pointing at you is a lethal weapon or not. If it is and you hesitated you're dead.
 New power screw driver - Fursty Ferret
>> >> AND tasered a blind man whose stick was mistaken for a samurai sword!
>> >> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-19979184
>> >>
>>
>> All very well to criticise plod for making such mistakes, but in a split second
>> you have to decide whether the object someone is pointing at you is a lethal
>> weapon or not. If it is and you hesitated you're dead.
>>

Don't buy it. By all accounts this was appallingly handled and I don't think there's any excuse for what they did.

We all have to make decisions - some have a bigger influence on people than others. This was terrible judgement and I don't think can be justified under any circumstances.

New power screw driver - Meldrew
I was not a criticism; it was a report of the facts, about which people can draw their own conclusions
 New power screw driver - L'escargot
I like the idea of it having a built-in light for use in dark places.
 New power screw driver - Zero
here you go

www.clasohlson.com/uk/Bosch-IXO-IV-3.6-V-Cordless-Screwdriver/Pr183198000?gclid=CNna3u-GzLYCFWLHtAodJwMALg

£35 !!!

I saw a similar lithium ion powered one in LIDL for a tenner. Is that a London Waitrose price?

Yes we do have Waitrose up here. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 15 Apr 13 at 07:51
>> £35 !!!
>>
>> I saw a similar lithium ion powered one in LIDL for a tenner. Is that
>> a London Waitrose price?
>>
>> Yes we do have Waitrose up here. :-)

you'll find out the difference when you start screwing
I use a DeWalt 14.4 v drill / driver for that sort of screwing. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 15 Apr 13 at 07:58
 New power screw driver - TeeCee
IKEA do a very good one for a very sensible price.
It even has an LED light on it.

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90203258/

Hmm, doesn't mention the light and looks different to the one I have. Maybe they've chiselled the spec a bit now.
 New power screw driver - sherlock47
The Bosch IXO , with a Li battery is certainly a competent performer. Small light and useable in tight spaces - would not be without it. Certainly good for No8s into wood, but I revert to the full size cordless drill/screwdriver for 10s and above.

Down to about £28 with a bit of looking.

>>>you'll find out the difference when you start screwing <<< like many things in life you get what you (dont ) pay for!

Last edited by: pmh on Mon 15 Apr 13 at 08:00
<<< like many things in life
>> you get what you (dont ) pay for!
>>

Agreed, buy crap, pay twice.
 New power screw driver - L'escargot
This Black And Decker has 14 torque settings. www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7114353.htm OTT or what?
Southern jessies.

I just pinch the bit between two fingers and tighten the screw up by hand.
>> Southern jessies.
>>
>> I just pinch the bit between two fingers and tighten the screw up by hand.

Yeah, I have seen some of your northern hard handed landings...

>> Yeah, I have seen some of your northern hard handed landings...
>>

If you can use the plane again etc...
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 15 Apr 13 at 13:50
>> If you can use the plane again etc...
>>

You don't fly for Lion into Bali then? :-)
 New power screw driver - TeeCee
Back in the day, "Toys 'R Us" used to seel some very convincing toy guns. I had an electrically powered full auto water pistol that looked like a Hecker und Koch MP5. In fact it looked pretty much indistinguishable from a real one when placed next to it, only the screws holding the two plastic halves together gave the game away.

The was but one of the things that the armed police unit that deployed to handle our game of "Killer" in Greenwich Park about 25 years ago suggested that we forego the use of for the remainder of the afternoon(!)

They were more restrained than the modern, trigger-happy variety. This was evidenced by the fact that one of them had refrained from shooting one of my mates when, when challenged, he'd turned and fired his echo pistol.

Their sergeant was utterly horrified by the realism of some of the toy stuff we had on us though....
 New power screw driver - zookeeper
blimey back in the day....i had a spud gun....if a cop seen you with one now it would be lazers on forheads ....and deal with the consequences later
 New power screw driver - madf
My reduced from £15 to £7 in Tesco screwdriver looks like that Bosch one. Still going - it's 6..
Latest Forum Posts