Non-motoring > Juicer Recommendation Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Clk Sec Replies: 11

Juicer Recommendation - Clk Sec
Can anyone recommend a good quality juicer, please?

Juicer Recommendation - Dog
These are good comrade Clk Sec ~ tinyurl.com/326nsll

Jack Lalanne ~ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_LaLanne
And ... There's more ~ www.johnlewis.com/230911677/Product.aspx
Thanks for the links, Dog. Mrs CS has already had a look at the first one and is impressed.

Do you have one of these contraptions yourself?
Well Mr. CS ... I'm what ya would call a health freak you see, so although I have a Kenwood juicer knocking around somewhere - I'd rather consume the whole fruit.
If I was to use the juicer at all, it would be for veg rather than fruit and I'd stick some Spirulina & Barley Green (Wheatgrass) in it (innit)
When Lady Dog does the weekly shop, they orften say to her "I dunno anyone who buys more fruit than you".
Fruit juice though would be ideal for the nippers compared to pop, but I'd be inclined to water it down a tad.
>>Well Mr. CS ... I'm what ya would call a health freak you see

We must compare notes sometime! Thanks again, Dog.

Juicer Recommendation - Berisford
We had one once, used it a few times but was such a pig to clean I binned it.
 Juicer Recommendation - Zero
we have one, it went in the back of the cupboard when we moved in and hasnt been out since. I use a citrus press.
 Juicer Recommendation - Felix
SWMBO has been a dedicated juicer for many years, and after discovering that the parts of a £100 Magimix one disintegrate fairly rapidly after repeated cycles through the dishwasher, she decided that we must have one like this... tinyurl.com/26hufke

As you see they're terrifyingly expensive new, but we managed to get one on ebay for not much more than £100, and I'll grudgingly admit it's very impressive indeed. The motor is seriously powerful - it devours whole carrots for fun - all the parts are dishwasher safe and it's built like a brick outhouse (unlike the magimix). Can't remember how many years we've had it but it's still as good today as the day we got it.
 Juicer Recommendation - Crankcase
We bought one of these for fun a few weeks ago - works fine in a basic manner, copes fine with apples etc, bits go in the dishwasher ok, and when it breaks in a month, who cares, buy another. It's all just juice at the end, isn't it.

Cost all of £6.

direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-7689.aspx

Juicer Recommendation - Alanovich
Mrs A bought one of these a few years back:

www.championjuicer.co.uk/?gclid=CLzM5-va6qECFY9M5QodU3TTIw

Real old skool engineering. It must weigh half a hundred weight. Built like a tank, it's pretty easy to assemble/disassemble and clean. It's huge, so difficult to store, but we've enough work surface in the kitchen to be able to leave it out.

My nippers absolutely love the apple juice it makes, and it handles even hard veg with ease.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Latest Forum Posts