Non-motoring > 6 hours in Vancouver... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 8

6 hours in Vancouver... - Auntie Lockbrakes
... or more like 5 to be precise. Got a 6-hour layover between flights next week. Anyone been to Vancouver and got any suggestions and recommendations? Baggage will be checked through, so I'm thinking I could hop in a taxi or jump on a train and go do something for the afternoon? (First flight lands around noon on a weekday).

Cheers, N.
 6 hours in Vancouver... - legacylad
Im currently staying with friends near Tahoe in northern CA.
Booked my flight last Sat, flew 6am Monday, and had a 6 hour layover in LA after arriving from AMS before my onward flight to Sacramento.
I posted on TripAdvisor about what to do...bearing in mind the 11 hour flight to LA left me feeling slightly pooped...got some good advice.
Suggest you do the same.
Clearing immigration, and maybe checking your bag (mine was checked through from LeedsBradford but still had to be claimed and rechecked at the point of arrival in the US) could take a while.
 6 hours in Vancouver... - CGNorwich
If you do want a quick trip to the city centre take the Sky Train (15 mins) to Granville station and not a taxi. City centre traffic is pretty dreadful. A stroll along the waterfront and into Stanley Park if the weather is pleasant. The aquarium located in the park is interesting although probably deserves more than a couple of hours.
Just seen that i can book a 4-hour stay in the Fairmont Hotel at the airport and use their spa - sounds very appealing!
Sounds good. I once had 12 hours in Miami and the hotel/spa /roof top pool option was money well spent.
Depending on how busy the airport is, remember you will have to go back thru security and be at the gate minimum 30 mins before departure if an internal flight.
Trip Advisor 'Vancouver' then post on 'travel forum' may provide locals recommendations on how best to kill time.
Hope Im not teaching you to suck eggs...
 6 hours in Vancouver... - Roger.
tinyurl.com/cyylw4x ;-)
Nice one Roger, but he only has 5 hours.
 6 hours in Vancouver... - BiggerBadderDave
"i can book a 4-hour stay in the Fairmont Hotel at the airport"

Plenty of mature, classy hookers in the hotel bars. How are you going to play it Nick? A 4-hour hooker or returning back to the bar every hour for a fresh one?
Got 2 days on my own to kill in Phuket next month; don't need to ask you lot for any suggestions..!
Latest Forum Posts