Non-motoring > Triodos Bank Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 4

Triodos Bank - R.P.
Anyone heard of them ?- Seem to be Dutch but have an UK branch. Total ethical approach. More importantly they offer 1.80% Savings at the moment.
 Triodos Bank - Manatee
Not covered by FSCS. But is guaranteed for up to 100k euros by the Dutch government which is one of the less insolvent ones around.
Last edited by: Manatee on Sun 3 Mar 13 at 09:51
 Triodos Bank - -
I like the cut of these ethical banks jibs, like having my electric and gas supplied similarly.

Anybody watched the 'Bank of Dave' fly on the wall docu thingy recently concluded, well series 1 so no doubt more to follow...available on 4OD if required...warning bad language alert Dave tells it like it is.

I was impressed with the no nonsense approach of the bloke, trying his best to set up a local bank helping local business' with loans and giving savers straight 5% interest, in profit and all profits going to local charities.

FSA didn't like it citing the 5% option only for savers didn;t give them the option of other rates with more risk? (it must be me), but reluctantly gave the go ahead when he didn't go bust whilst they delayed as long as possible.

If i lived in Burnley i'd be on the 2 year waiting list for depsitors, more power to this blokes elbow.

Hope others get involved and offer similar.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sun 3 Mar 13 at 10:14
 Triodos Bank - Dutchie
I saw the program gordon good to watch.The big institutions will fight blokes like him power back to the people.This Dutch bank is based in Zeist Netherlands.The bank has a majority ownership of individuals.Big investers are the Friesland bank and Delta Loyd.

Most of the info is on the net.They have no offices only the headquarter building in Zeist.

My niece works in that murky bussines called banking I asked her she should know.
 Triodos Bank - Meldrew
Metro Bank might be worth a look, for people who live in the area covered London inside the M25 and a few branches further out (Brentwood for instance)
Latest Forum Posts