Non-motoring > C4P - Three Years In Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 59

C4P - Three Years In - Bromptonaut
The third anniversary of this site must be about now.

Can I just say Hi to all the regulars and a big thankyou to our hosts.

And as a missing in action? notice I see Ted's not been in for a week or two, is he OK?
 C4P - Three Years In - RattleandSmoke
I wasn't sure if I should mention Ted or not. I had been trying to contract him over the last week but his phone was switched off. I didn't think too much of it but by the weekend I was getting a bit worried.

I did manage to speak to his this evening, I am sure Ted won't mind me saying as a few people have commented about him not been here now.

When I spoke to him he was speaking from his hospital ward. He hasn't been too well but it sounds like he has made a very good recovery and he should be out in the next couple of days. I had no idea he was in hospital until he told me, he sounded his usual cheerful self :).

I hope Ted will be well enough to tell us fall he fine in the next couple of days.

C4P - Three Years In - -
Thanks for letting us know Rattie, please pass on our best wishes to the old PITA if you speak to him before he has a chance to post.

C4P - Three Years In - Robin O'Reliant
Wish him well from me too.
 C4P - Three Years In - Manatee
And me.

Ask him if I can have his Jowett - that should give him some impetus to recover ;-)
 C4P - Three Years In - Zero
the gricers will be calling putting labels on his toy trains.
 C4P - Three Years In - rtj70
Wish him all the best from me too if you speak to him before he's back on here.
 C4P - Three Years In - Fullchat
And me :)
 C4P - Three Years In - Haywain
...... and me!
 C4P - Three Years In - Dave_
And me!!
 C4P - Three Years In - R.P.
And me 2.
That's enough now, we don't want him thinking we like him.
 C4P - Three Years In - Londoner
>> Thanks for letting us know Rattie, please pass on our best wishes to the old
>> PITA if you speak to him before he has a chance to post.
>>
Seconded!
Good job in chasing that up, Rattle!
 C4P - Three Years In - VxFan
>> The third anniversary of this site must be about now.

My god! You're right. It was approx 20th Feb 2010 to be precise.

Another recent absentee is L'escargot. Maybe he's gone off to join a Volvo forum?
 C4P - Three Years In - Armel Coussine
>> Another recent absentee is L'escargot.

And is Iffy going to come back after his sabbatical?
Yeah yeah, all that palaver, but I'm having the Javelin.
 C4P - Three Years In - sooty123
I can remember the email (from someone, can't remember who) about this new forum while honestjohn's was down, thought I'd give it a spin, while I was overseas. Here I am still, every now and again never bother with the original site.
 C4P - Three Years In - Pat
John H hasn't returned either.

Pat
 C4P - Three Years In - Dog
He's got an ASBO.

:+)
>> He's got an ASBO.

No, he had a temporary ASBO for one week.
I'll look after Ted's bikes - he'd want someone to !
 C4P - Three Years In - Cliff Pope
I remember in the Great HJ Rebellion of 2000 that there were veiled hints of there being a new breakaway forum. I did some searching, found C4P, guessed it was the right one from the familiarity of some of the posts: "carphounds, mimsers, Tsch" were giveaways.

It's a way of life now. Some of the players almost seem like real people. One day I'll bump into someone who seems familiar, and say "Aren't you that actor on C4P - the one who plays ... ?"
 C4P - Three Years In - Duncan
>> I'll look after Ted's bikes - he'd want someone to !
>>

Yes. The operative phrase is "look after Ted's bikes".

That means he wants someone to look after them, not send them sliding down the road on their sides!

;-)
>> >> I'll look after Ted's bikes - he'd want someone to !
>> >>
>>
>> Yes. The operative phrase is "look after Ted's bikes".
>>
>> That means he wants someone to look after them, not send them sliding down the
>> road on their sides!
>>
>>
>> ;-)

Well said that man.
Kick a man whilst he's down. One in thirty year event - I hope.
you knew the ridicule that would be heaped on you when you stepped aboard a scooter.....
 C4P - Three Years In - Pat
You'll still be reminded of it in 25 years time though;)

Pat
Indeed

Like a dog - Scooter ridicule is for life,
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 26 Feb 13 at 11:16
>> That means he wants someone to look after them, not send them sliding down
>> the
>> >> road on their sides!
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> ;-)
>>
>> Well said that man.
>>

Well.

He wouldn't give to you to "look after" either!

You would ride them into a bus!
Sounds to me like you are making a sole bid for ownership, want to paint your hair and change your handle to Berlesconi?
Or, better still - become a comedian (hehehe!)
Looking at the current front page listing of "introduce yourself", I wonder how many are still here? I can't recall any of them regularly contributing, yet have said hello.

Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 26 Feb 13 at 12:43
Another one who has gorn (wherever that might be) is devonite who was a regular poster and lived in Cumbria.

He's local watering hole was The Devonshire Arms or some such.

I did notice Teddy had gorn AWOL and was gonna give it a mench last week as it appens,
but I correctly assumed that the Sheikh would have the goss eventually, one way or another.

>> I did notice Teddy had gorn AWOL and was gonna give it a mench last week as it appens,

D'you just sort of mind Perro? I asked the Sheikh if he'd heard from Ted recently a good week or two back. He said he'd spoken to Ted's missus but would leave it to Ted to explain.

I seem to remember Ted suffered some sort of mild mobility problem. Hope he's OK and will soon be back horrifying us with sexist jokes.
I musta missed that then Sire.
>> musta missed that then

No problemo really Dog... it happens all the time actually: one makes a point, no one acknowledges it, then six or seven posts later there's someone else making the same point as if for the first time. Perhaps I need to be less low-key and bland in my posts.

You must be missing Ted. He's the only person who addresses you affectionately as 'Bonzo'. I miss him because he genuinely likes and understands the automobile hands-on, because he is kind to the Sheikh and because he is a wicked old ex-copper who has retained a strong streak of larceny, or anyway scepticism.
Tis funny how we've sort-of had a mutual affliction over the years, especially as he's a re tyred cop and I've had my collar felt by a few in a previous life.

I admire the way he's not afraid to get stuck in at the greasy end of a jamjar either, plus of course I just luv that Jowett.

Oh well, back to the fire, it should be roaring away by now :)
 C4P - Three Years In - Ted

I'm back.....On the 11th, I had a bout of indigestion during the night, as I'd had for the three previous nights This time, the old Gaviscon bottle didn't help and by 3 am I was in real bother with it. Swm got the car out and drove me down to the University Hospital of South Manchester, about 5 miles away.

A & E was empty and they soon had me rigged up to an ECG, which showed some irregularities. I was hooked up to a Dio-morphine drip and trundled up to Acute Cardiac Care. After some tests and bed rest, I was given an Angiogram, with the result that a double by-pass was needed.

So, a week ago, my brave little heart was slashed around after they first cut my breastbone in two for access. Blood vessels were nicked from my right leg and 3 by-passes were done. Next few days were a bit of hell and I don't suppose the 'mortuary ' type stitches will help further my modelling career.

I came home yesterday but didn't fancy doing anything but sit in the lounge and doze. The main problem is that when you clear your windpipe of mucus by coughing, as we all need to, you transmit painful movement to the, now wired together, breastbone, and it hurts. Heavy doses of C0-Codamol and Paracetamol help greatly as does the fact that I have a Craftmatic bed and can sleep more or less sitting up.

No driving for 6 weeks...but that's ok by me. I'm getting up the stairs and around the house all right so watch this space. Thanks to all who enquired about me.

Ted

Welcome back Ted, glad everything is on the mend.
 C4P - Three Years In - Westpig
Blimey, the excuses some people come out with...........(hope a bit of 'job' humour works).

Glad to have you back.
 C4P - Three Years In - Dutchie
Same here Ted good you are back all the best.
 C4P - Three Years In - bathtub tom
Hope you recover OK.

I was in the back of an ambulance under blues & twos a couple of weeks ago. I've a dicky ticker and had a small stroke.

I think someone up there may be dropping hints - anyone want to buy a KIA Pride?
Makes my bike crash look a bit minimal - glad you're both OK.
 C4P - Three Years In - Dutchie
You could have years to go yet bathtub.We are all dying some a bit quicker than others.>:)
>> I think someone up there may be dropping hints - anyone want to buy a
>> KIA Pride?
>>
Why would I want to buy a car named after an annual parade through London? ;-)

Seriously, glad you are better. Treat the fact that it was a small stroke as a bit of a gift in some ways. Ease of the gas peddle a bit and trundle along on cruise control.
>>I was in the back of an ambulance under blues & twos a couple of weeks ago. I've a dicky ticker and had a small stroke<<

Sorry to hear that bathtub, eh, avez vous anything else you want to pass on, like decent cameras, Hi-Fi equip.,
Humax recorder, 60's LP's, time shares etc., etc., etc..
 C4P - Three Years In - swiss tony
Great to have you back.. take things easy and get well soon.
 C4P - Three Years In - Manatee
More excitement than you wanted! Glad you're OK, and BT too.

My 85 year old friend had one yesterday; he needed a valve replacement and they did a double bypass at the same time. He's recovering today, they didn't close him up until this morning.
Last edited by: Manatee on Wed 27 Feb 13 at 21:45
 C4P - Three Years In - Runfer D'Hills
Gosh Ted and BT, scary stuff, glad you're back home. Keep well.
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Wed 27 Feb 13 at 22:04
 C4P - Three Years In - RattleandSmoke
Glad you're getting there Ted :). Won't be long till you're back to you youthful self.
I watch an hour of Colin Fry every morning while I eat my 2 eggs on toast, I didn't get a message from you Teddy ole son, so I had an idea you were still drawing breath.

Glad to hear you've been replumbed and patched up good n' proper, it wont be long before you're fighting fit and back to eyeing up the local talent again, hopefully.
Ted, I'm sorry that you are going through it right now, but glad that help was there when needed (and without worrying about cost, if I may give a little plug for the Health Service).

It's funny to feel lifted just by a post on an internet forum, by someone that I've never met, but I am.

Get well soon, Ted!
Nice one Londoner - feel that quite often here
Yes, well said Londoner.

Ted, zounds! what a thing eh? Do take it easy and listen to yourself. I seem to remember you mentioning yr ticker and being breathless. I would really hate to have to have that sort of big operation...

Stay alive, go gently for the time being. You may not be allowed to drive but there's nothing to stop you rebuilding the Javelin's brakes and suspension is there? A bit of light mechanical work...

:o}
 C4P - Three Years In - Crankcase
Bit late and a bit obvious, as always, but glad you're back Ted - look after yourself, and the same to BT, of course, who hails from my birth town.
 C4P - Three Years In - Clk Sec
Sorry to hear your news, Ted and BT, but it's good to know that you're on the mend.

Take it easy / chill. Or whatever they say these days...
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Thu 28 Feb 13 at 09:17
 C4P - Three Years In - BiggerBadderDave
"Blood vessels were nicked from my right leg and 3 by-passes were done. Next few days were a bit of hell and I don't suppose the 'mortuary ' type stitches will help further my modelling career."

Photos please Ted!
Hello Ted

Welcome to the triple CABG Club! The first ten years are the worst!

You will be very weak for a while. Speak to your GP and get yourself on a cardiac rehab class as soon as possible. It gives you something to do under medical supervision and you are mixing with a lot of people who are all in the same boat.

The scar on your chest will tone down in time. I expect at the moment it looks very red and angry.

If you want to contact me, feel free.

C4P - Three Years In - Bromptonaut
GWS Ted.

Both my Parents had by passes within days of each other in 1994. Mum's still going strong all but 20 yrs later.
 C4P - Three Years In - Phil I
Hi Ted
Good to read all of the above .

there is only one reply to the enquire when you venture out and meet well wishers
"Dont ask and I wont tell you" You get extra points if you can remember their name!

Happy Recuperation
Phil I
Latest Forum Posts