Non-motoring > Hair Colour Miscellaneous
Thread Author: .... Replies: 69

Hair Colour - ....
Can the esteemed elder members of the group advise me as to when my hair will start to darken again like Silvio Berlusconi and Gerhard Schroeder.
I'm in my mid-40s and greying, when will my hair go an even, rich dark colour again? Schroeder was adamant his barber did not perform any trickery, his wife and or assistant was not available for comment, so when can I expect a second coming of colour ?
 Hair Colour - Aretas
Both my wife and I are in our 70s and are still substantially brown. Must be the Suffolk air.
 Hair Colour - bathtub tom
I'll have to ask an ex-colleague of mine. He went away for six months and when he returned we noticed the same.
 Hair Colour - -
Developing a ruddy complexion at the same rate as your hair greys is part of the fun, i look like a negative now....luckily still got a full head of the stuff so grateful for small mercies.

Most blokes who dye their barnett look frankly ridiculous, and don't get me going about syrup's, some of which look like they've been trimmed with sweeping brush hairs.
 Hair Colour - Zero
Mine is short, very short, and grey, very grey.

Berlusconi looks like he has been dipped in a tin of black paint.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 24 Feb 13 at 23:00
 Hair Colour - Dave_
>> Most blokes who dye their barnett look frankly ridiculous

That's what's putting me off at 40, mine is currently best described as salt and pepper.
 Hair Colour - Dog
>>blokes who dye their barnett look frankly ridiculous, and don't get me going about syrup's, some of which look like they've been trimmed with sweeping brush hairs<<

^ I'm with that geezer.

My ole womans hair colour is a fairly dark mouse in colour but, it used to be quite fair in decades past.

I find that quite unusual because she definitely doesn't colour it at all at all.

Must be down to the nutritious food I serve up ... or the Radon.
 Hair Colour - Armel Coussine
>> blokes who dye their barnett look frankly ridiculous, and don't get me going about syrup's,

Spotted several geezers wearing rugs in Spain when we were there.

Seems a bit silly to me dyeing yr hair its original colour, and mine is grey or even white in places. It has gone bald at the crown and very thin on top. Son in law has a gay hairdresser friend who once cut my hair. I said I quite fancied the idea of a flash of pink, turquoise or bright yellow on one of the white bits. The hairdresser was enthusiastic, but unfortunately the women formed a united resistance front and wouldn't let him do it.

There's a gay-looking and -sounding counter hand at one of the big local supermarkets who must spend most of his spare time having his hair done. It never looks the same twice, often sports variants of the Mohican crest and flashes out in all the colours of the rainbow. I'd rather him than me because I don't like people messing with my head too often.
 Hair Colour - henry k
>>It has gone bald at the crown and very thin on top.
>>

I understand that "There is no such thing as a bald eunuch"
All through my childhood and youth I was mildly irritated by virtually everyone calling my hair 'black'. Really it was very dark brown like my father's, black only by English standards. I knew this with absolute certainty because my mother had genuine black hair, that blue-black found in southern Europe and the middle east (not to mention the Orient proper).
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 25 Feb 13 at 17:22
 Hair Colour - henry k
I called my hair colour BSM - British Standard Mouse.

A few years ago before BSG - British Standard Gray I had a short period when SWMBO called it Badger as I had white patches ( Ring Alopecia ) caused by taking Statins. I stopped the drugs and hair reverted to normal and I got rid of the aches too.
 Hair Colour - R.P.
It would have to be British Standard Grey - or it couldn't be !
 Hair Colour - henry k
>> It would have to be British Standard Grey - or it couldn't be !
>>
I was expecting that sort of response / bite but not quite that soon.
Gray is listed in my old 1978 dictionary as a varient ( now chiefly U.S.)
 Hair Colour - R.P.
It was tongue in cheek H. Should have put a smiley on ! :-)
 Hair Colour - henry k
>> It was tongue in cheek H. Should have put a smiley on ! :-)
>>
I liked the wording your response.:-)
I missed a smiley too.
 Hair Colour - Bromptonaut
>> Most blokes who dye their barnett look frankly ridiculous, and don't get me going about
>> syrup's, some of which look like they've been trimmed with sweeping brush hairs.

The trick with a wig is a plausible colouring. Been to a funeral today for Mrs B's uncle who was a surrogate Grandad to my kids - her Dad died before kids and mine not long after.

I'd known him for years before realising he was bald - the syrup was a perfect match for his beard - he just looked well preserved.
 Hair Colour - Zero
>> Both my wife and I are in our 70s and are still substantially brown. Must
>> be the Suffolk air.

That'll be rust caused by North Sea fogs.
 Hair Colour - Pat
I'm certainly not grey, I'm just a delicate shade of Ash Blonde.

While I'm here, you need to get a grip too.

I go away for the weekend, don't have time to get on the forum and what do I find...a thread about cooking followed by a thread about hair colour.

Has car4play turned into the local aginghousewives.com?

Life is for living, not cooking.

I've been in the company of a great crowd of lorry drivers all weekend, some who were female.

Some of them even wore skirts and some wore pink...what is the world comong to?

Now let's get back to normal and bitch about proper manly things please.

Pat
 Hair Colour - Zero
>> Now let's get back to normal and bitch about proper manly things please.
>>
>> Pat

Does my bum look big in this boiler suite dear?
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 25 Feb 13 at 10:04
 Hair Colour - Pat
You would have fitted in perfectly in that ;)

Pat

PS You have the legs for it at least!
 Hair Colour - Dutchie
Don't use hair colouring I;ve still got a full head of hair used to be blond now going greyish.

Brother uses the colour stuff don't know why he has a full head of curly hair I think he wants to look trendy.

Maybe roles are reversing Pat, women wearing the trousers men? wearing skirts.
 Hair Colour - Clk Sec
>>men? wearing skirts.

And fancy shoes...
 Hair Colour - Dog
And getting married to other men.

:}
 Hair Colour - Mike Hannon
Do you remember when Ronald Reagan went orange after winning the presidential election? His hair looked like his sincerity.
I am the personification of the adage 'man lives through four stages: he believes in Father Christmas, he doesn't believe in Father Christmas, he is Father Christmas, he looks like Father Christmas'.
 Hair Colour - BiggerBadderDave
I kept my hair short for more than a decade and it started to go grey all over. A few months ago I let it grow again and it's gone mousey brown - even wifey noticed it was going brown. I'm never cutting it again, I like twirling around with it while I'm working (my hair too).
 Hair Colour - Zero
>> I kept my hair short for more than a decade and it started to go
>> grey all over. A few months ago I let it grow again and it's gone
>> mousey brown - even wifey noticed it was going brown. I'm never cutting it again,
>> I like twirling around with it while I'm working (my hair too).

Ponce.

Ponce? Damned right. I keep it well shaved below the belt. That's how you get more beejays.
 Hair Colour - Dutchie
Shaving below the belt?That's for women aint it.They always leave hairs in the bath bungs the plug up.
"I'm certainly not grey, I'm just a delicate shade of Ash Blonde."

Collar and cuffs match do they, Pat?
 Hair Colour - Roger.
>> Both my wife and I are in our 70s and are still substantially brown. Must
>> be the Suffolk air.
>>

Except for the tan-lines?
 Hair Colour - madf
What colour hair is recommended for the man who has none on top?
Pink, with liver spots and peeling sunburn.

In cold weather, a terrible rug worn at a jaunty angle over one eye a la Frank Sinatra.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 25 Feb 13 at 16:13
 Hair Colour - R.P.
My hair has a reluctance to lose its predominant brown and is as thick as a brush - all my contemporaries have gone grey or lost their hair years ago...
 Hair Colour - corax
>> My hair has a reluctance to lose its predominant brown and is as thick as
>> a brush - all my contemporaries have gone grey or lost their hair years ago...

Alright don't gloat. Any more of those motorcycling incidents and that may change :)
Last edited by: corax on Mon 25 Feb 13 at 19:47
 Hair Colour - R.P.
You're not wrong - caused me a lot of stress that ! Need a major haircut now - must get round to it this week if I can.
What is it I wonder that is making me envisage a shaggy, reeking, evil and filthy Hells Angel hung about with chains and sawn-off shotgums? It must be a dream.
 Hair Colour - R.P.
Me gums are OK ! Part of my good luck was wearing very good German tech around my body - nawt smelly about it !
 Hair Colour - Robin O'Reliant
I make a point of wearing my Arctic Blonde hair longer than appropriate for a man of my age. Combined with black jeans and a leather jacket, black or dark blue shirt worn outside the trousers, black socks, it keeps me from looking like those respectable, beige panted, light checkshirt wearing, well groomed old codgers who look like they have been waiting to die for the last decade.

A cigarette on the go helps too.
 Hair Colour - R.P.
I avoid that look as well. Shirt securely tucked in. Don't own a check one !
 Hair Colour - -
Dear me no, shirt outside trousers? no gentleman would be seen thus dead.

White sports footwear, baseball cap, jogging bottoms, leering about dimly lit loos?
 Hair Colour - R.P.
No way - one of the managers turned up dressed like someone from One Direction - marginally younger than me he was sent home to change - out of shame really.
 Hair Colour - Manatee
Youngsters apart, most of the shirt-out-of-trousers brigade are fatties trying to conceal their corporations.
 Hair Colour - R.P.
Don't need to do that !!
 Hair Colour - Robin O'Reliant
>> Youngsters apart, most of the shirt-out-of-trousers brigade are fatties trying to conceal their corporations.
>>

At 6'1" and barely touching 11 stone I don't have a gut to conceal. I just like to look scruffy, it keeps the beggars and charity collectors away if you look poorer than them.
 Hair Colour - Manatee
>> At 6'1" and barely touching 11 stone I don't have a gut to conceal. I
>> just like to look scruffy, it keeps the beggars and charity collectors away if you
>> look poorer than them.

Good point.

Shirt pulled out.
 Hair Colour - Roger.
I used to be 6ft 0½" , but have started shrinking and am now only 5ft 11½ according to the nurse practitioner doing my annual "MOT". Jam & butter.
 Hair Colour - ....
Thanks for the laugh all. Looks like vintage blonde for me from now on then :-)
 Hair Colour - R.P.
Just had my curly locks cut tonight - bargain 5.50p...
 Hair Colour - Zero
The other customers were a bit limited in chat tho......

Baaaaa baaaaa
 Hair Colour - R.P.
It is the latest thing around here. Very mode.
 Hair Colour - corax
>> Just had my curly locks cut tonight - bargain 5.50p...
>>

Don't need to waste money at the barbers anymore. A quick buzz over with the Wahl clippers and it's sorted.
 Hair Colour - R.P.
That occurred to me today - too risky.
Last edited by: R.P. on Tue 26 Feb 13 at 20:33
 Hair Colour - corax
>> That occurred to me today - too risky.

You can't go wrong - the hair only gets cut as short as the attachment you're using. 1-8 normally. I s'pose it might be a problem if the attachment came off, but it would have to be very worn or damaged to do that.

You do have to accept one length all over though. No fancy stuff :)
 Hair Colour - Pat
>>You do have to accept one length all over though. No fancy stuff :) <<

No, you don't!

Try using number 4 for the top, 2 for the lower sides and back and then 3 to blend the two together...works a treat;)

Pat
 Hair Colour - corax
>> No, you don't!
>>
>> Try using number 4 for the top, 2 for the lower sides and back and
>> then 3 to blend the two together...works a treat;)

Now I can see that going pear shaped. To quote a dirty harry film "a man has to know his limitations".

:)
 Hair Colour - Pat
>>"a man has to know his limitations".<<

That's why you need a female to do it.

It's a good chat up line...'Would you blend my hair please?

Pat
 Hair Colour - Zero
3 all over

Much quicker
 Hair Colour - Westpig
>> It's a good chat up line...'Would you blend my hair please?

Does one have to clarify which bits qualify?

(I'm thinking nose, ears and eyebrows if the smutty are reading)
 Hair Colour - Zero
not back, sac and crack then?
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 27 Feb 13 at 11:47
 Hair Colour - Roger.
I've had an in-house, resident, hair cutter for over 40 years now, Saved a blooming fortune!
 Hair Colour - R.P.
I was talking to the purveyor of the haircut - she said that a woman's haircut can cost up to £70.00 quid - lots of chaps don't know what their other half's spend on their Barnets. I figured out that my entire hair cutting budget for a year was less than that.
 Hair Colour - Dog
>>she said that a woman's haircut can cost up to £70.00 quid - lots of chaps don't know what their other half's spend on their Barnets<<

30 squid - looks awful AND I told her.

I cut my own, have done for 15 Earth years.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 27 Feb 13 at 10:41
 Hair Colour - DeeW
And that is just the cut, Rob, add in colour or curls and the sky is the limit!
 Hair Colour - PhilW
"Looks like vintage blonde for me from now on then :-)"

I'm very, very blonde - some might even call it white, and in summer, with a bit of sun I'm even blonder!
 Hair Colour - Westpig
When I first went grey in my early 30's, I told a young lady at work that as far as I was concerned it looked distinguished. She told me that as far as she was concerned it looked extinguished.

Didn't use that line again.
 Hair Colour - Clk Sec
The wife does mine and has done for as long as I can remember. She cuts as well as any professional, and I don't have to get into discussions about my plans for Saturday night, holiday arrangements, etc.
 Hair Colour - smokie
Yeah but do you get offered "something for the weekend sir?" (Or is that a bit 70s? LOL)
 Hair Colour - helicopter
The locks are still there at 63 and both hair ( short back and sides ) and beard are a definite grey (although the beard is shaved off for the moment)....

£ 8.50 for a cut at my local Italian barber Lorenzo.... OAP rate next year is £5.

SWMBO 's glorious long blonde hair was her crowning glory ....reaching down to her waist and it was one of the things which attracted me to her forty years ago ...... along with the miniskirt and the admirable ability to drink vodka and lime all night with no visible effects.......

Nowadays she pays somewhere north of £50 quid every three weeks or so to keep it cut short and disguise the silver amongst the gold..... wears Marks and Sparks sensible and gets squiffy on a half of cider.....
Last edited by: retpocileh on Wed 27 Feb 13 at 08:39
 Hair Colour - henry k
No risk of cut n run amongst our members ? :-)

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21498878
Here's a good tip.

Get your hair cut at a hairdressers. Pick your favourite lady. Grip tightly on the arms of the chair, under the cape/apron. Enjoy the feeling of a strange lady pressing her groin against your arms as she moves around clipping and chopping your hair.
Latest Forum Posts